Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jukebox Question

Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM
bluefin
Freshman User
bluefin is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like the juke box.
I have loaded 800 songs so far. It takes about 15 min per cd.
Sounds like a pita, but you just have to pick a day when you are just doing things around the house. I set out about 8 to 10 cd's and just go through them in 3 or 4 hours.
What is cool about the juke box is you can pick and play any song you like when you want with the voice button.
Example:
Your just say "juke box" then after the reply say
"play track "Mr shorty" (a marty robins song) and the song starts playing.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:57 PM
srkr
Posting Guru
srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
Same here. I recorded a couple cd's and it took for....ev...er.

I gave up, bought a 2nd Ford USB cable and a cheap 16gb flash drive and threw it in the glove box.

I suppose if the itunes playlist(s) records faster I may try it again.
If you don't listen to the cd while it's loading is a lot quicker!!

Shane

Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 PM
2000silverbullet
Post Fiend
2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Wait, I can record and listen to another source at the same time?

Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
darren32
Post Fiend
darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
Wait, I can record and listen to another source at the same time?
Yes, I tried it and you can. Put in a CD and hit record then you can switch to any other source and listen to it. It shows you the track that is recording and the progress at the bottom of the screen. Kinda cool.

One other thing I noticed... I went out and bought some actual CD's. One of the 3 recorded all the tracks as unknown track unknow artist. So having the actual sore bought CD isn't fool proof either..... Guess it depends how the CD is made??

Thanks

Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
Yes, I tried it and you can. Put in a CD and hit record then you can switch to any other source and listen to it. It shows you the track that is recording and the progress at the bottom of the screen. Kinda cool.

One other thing I noticed... I went out and bought some actual CD's. One of the 3 recorded all the tracks as unknown track unknow artist. So having the actual sore bought CD isn't fool proof either..... Guess it depends how the CD is made??

Thanks
Darren,

Gracenote is the database that I could not remember earlier...it actually comes from NavTeq as part of the map, and can only be updated when there is an update for the map as far as I know.

So for newer music it will always be unknown until the Gracenote database gets updated. But there is a way to manually name them but is a PIA...

Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 PM
darren32
Post Fiend
darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by FishingNut View Post
Darren,

Gracenote is the database that I could not remember earlier...it actually comes from NavTeq as part of the map, and can only be updated when there is an update for the map as far as I know.

So for newer music it will always be unknown until the Gracenote database gets updated. But there is a way to manually name them but is a PIA...
OK, that makes sense thanks! I have seen "Gracenote" on the display from time to time and always wondered what the heck it was, now I know!

Yes, manually putting the names in is too much of a PIA to make it worthwhile, unless it's a really great song

Thanks much for the info!

Old 03-30-2018, 06:10 PM
Barbw
New User
Barbw is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am having the problem of some of the CDs not displaying the title/artist and album. It is a pain to have a lot of "unknown" albums,titles and artists. Is there a way if I use MP3? Also some of them are new CDs so I would thlink they would display. Someone mentioned a program that would do it, I would like to know the name of one or what I should look for.
Thanks for any help

Old 04-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Toyhauler Tug
Senior User
Toyhauler Tug is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey just my two cents on the Jukebox, I loaded most all of my CD collection when I first bought my truck. Yes it took forever but at that time I didn't mind sitting in that comfortable chair and soaking in the new interior and the "new smell". Also burning while busy doing other things in the garage and just checking back to switch out CD. I have close to 2000 songs and it still has some room for more. Gracenote had most of my info as I am an old guy with a cd collection that reflects it. I like that old time rock and roll. I have had to manually type in some newer CD info but I am just wired that way and cant help it. Now I mostly keep it set to random and can rock across the country and back and not hear the same song twice. I love my Jukebox! I think it only lasted a year or two as the music industry filed lawsuits against Ford and I believe GM also who decided to kill it. Keep On Truckin!

Old 04-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Barbw
New User
Barbw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Show titles and artisits

When you say you typed in the information, where did you do it? I would not mind doing it, if I knew where to do it.
Thanks