Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jukebox Question

Old 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by los341 View Post
I have thousands of songs on my computer in mp3 format. Burning them to CD just to put them in the jukebox sounds like a real PITA . I'm thinking if that's the only way, I might look into removing the hard drive from the truck, connecting it to the computer, and downloading my library directly to the drive. Does anyone know what file format the music is stored as on the hard drive? I'm sure whatever it is a converter can be found .

- Carl
Can you burn the songs from iTunes to a DVD or USB instead of a CD?

That's what I was going to try...

Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 PM
glsurratt
Elder User
glsurratt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glsurratt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FishingNut View Post

I have a bunch of CD's ripped and stored on DVD's as mp3 files but the truck wouldn't read them.
I think the manual says specifically that it won't copy from USB and I couldn't find a "Record" option on the screen for it when I tried anyways.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:33 PM
darren32
Post Fiend
darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by FishingNut View Post

I am going to give that a try too

Originally Posted by glsurratt View Post
I have a bunch of CD's ripped and stored on DVD's as mp3 files but the truck wouldn't read them.
I think the manual says specifically that it won't copy from USB and I couldn't find a "Record" option on the screen for it when I tried anyways.
The record option is on the CD "screen" not on the jukebox "screen", that is what tripped me up initially. I figured it would be on the jukebox screen.

Thanks

Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
glsurratt
Elder User
glsurratt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glsurratt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep, no record button on the USB screen.

I think part of the problem is they are trying to comply with licensing and royalty requirements by limiting the number of ways you can load the jukebox - and failing since you can burn your own music to a CD and load it up. Might as well let you load it from a stick.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
I know you can't rip to dvd and I'm pretty sure I've tried DVD and that failed too. I converted my iTunes library to mp3's and then dumped them to a DVD and that worked on my wife's truck. I haven't tried it with the Ford yet, but I bet it would work.
The software I used was dbpoweramp. It is small fee at $38, but worth every penny.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Great Danes
Senior User
Great Danes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Loading the jukebox is simply too much hassle. I just insert a USB stick with all my music on it and it works just as well... perhaps I am missing something?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM
2000silverbullet
Post Fiend
2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Great Danes View Post
Loading the jukebox is simply too much hassle. I just insert a USB stick with all my music on it and it works just as well... perhaps I am missing something?
Same here. I recorded a couple cd's and it took for....ev...er.

I gave up, bought a 2nd Ford USB cable and a cheap 16gb flash drive and threw it in the glove box.

I suppose if the itunes playlist(s) records faster I may try it again.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
Same here. I recorded a couple cd's and it took for....ev...er.

I gave up, bought a 2nd Ford USB cable and a cheap 16gb flash drive and threw it in the glove box.

I suppose if the itunes playlist(s) records faster I may try it again.
Is the USB cable proprietary? Why did you buy a Ford one? My iPod USB plugs in and works fine to control my iPod. If it is just preference, I understand that...just curious is all.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
GZip
Senior User
GZip is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
Is the USB cable proprietary? Why did you buy a Ford one? My iPod USB plugs in and works fine to control my iPod. If it is just preference, I understand that...just curious is all.
I believe it is to make use of the second USB connection in the glove box. I recall some threads on this...

Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
2000silverbullet
Post Fiend
2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
GZip's response is correct. There's a 2nd port on the Sync module that is empty. I bought the Ford Sync USB cable, ground all the extra plastic off it (both ends) and plugged the flash drive into that, threw it in the glovebox. I still have my USB port on the dash open, just hated having the flash drive plugged into it...kids tend to break things.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:22 PM
darren32
Post Fiend
darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
Anyone have the part number for the ford sync UBS cable?

Thanks

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
2000silverbullet
Post Fiend
This is the one that I bought:

9C3Z-14D202-B

You have to file down one side of it, you'll understand why when you see the cable and the pic in this post:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...l#post10122527

Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
darren32
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
This is the one that I bought:

9C3Z-14D202-B

You have to file down one side of it, you'll understand why when you see the cable and the pic in this post:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...l#post10122527
You are a great help.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 AM
GZip
Senior User
GZip is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
Anyone have the part number for the ford sync UBS cable?

Thanks
You can still get a regular USB to mini-B and a female/female USB adapter for under 10 bucks and it will work. No need to get the Ford version.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
darren32
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by GZip View Post
You can still get a regular USB to mini-B and a female/female USB adapter for under 10 bucks and it will work. No need to get the Ford version.
OK thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jukebox Question

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: