Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Jukebox Question (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1152730-jukebox-question.html)

darren32 04-03-2012 07:21 PM

Jukebox Question

I kinda just discovered the jukebox feature and I think it is a neat idea and I would like to use it. However, I have been buying all my music from itunes for as long as I can remember. And every CD I had I converted to itunes and threw out. I tried burning an itunes playlist to CD but when I put it in it does not allow me to add it to the jukebox. Am I doing somthing wrong or does this not work? If I want to use the jukebox do I really need to go out and buy a bunch of CD's?

Would be really cool if you could add to the jukebox from ipod but that doesn't work either.

I am fine with ipod I guess but if I could load up the jukebox I could get that cord out of my dash which would be cool too.

Help me to get some tunes in my jukebox please:-X04

Thanks

Fontana 04-03-2012 07:27 PM

I use my jukebox a lot. My wife's Rush CD is still in there from when I recorded it a few weeks ago. I haven't tried to upload from an IPod or IPhone. I have a huge amount of songs I keep on an 8 gig memory stick. I just insert into the USB port and select 1 down from jukebox to play my music. With options like these who needs XM?

RedBoat 04-03-2012 07:33 PM

You can convert your I-tunes files to mp3's then burn them onto a disk and they should load then. There are lots of free downloads on the net that can do the conversion.

Try this first
How to convert Itunes music in to mp3 in i tunes

jack_pine 04-03-2012 08:00 PM

I know about the jukebox but have not started to play with it.

Can you load stuff onto it and then delete and reload other stuff? Dealer said no. I would like to load books on tape and then load different ones later.

Can you get at it with a pc and treat it like a disk drive?

TRENT310 04-03-2012 08:31 PM

When you burned the disc, was it "red book" format (2Ch PCM 16 bit 44.1kHz) like a store-bought CD or did you put computer files on the disc? If they are a collection of computer files you should probably use MP3, iTunes likes to natively use M4A which is something Apple popularized (off the ISO standard MPEG4) but not all devices support it. It might be a bit late now that you have your computer library established but you can set the format iTunes uses to rip discs in the preferences dialog.

Oh, and software such as VLC is capable of converting between the two. It's not much of a complex conversion, mainly a format container change.

kper05 04-03-2012 09:01 PM

I use the audio cd option in itunes and my basic OEM radio plays the CD.
Using Trent's advice, you can select MP3 when you burn a playlist to disc in itunes.
I have not tried it though.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ictureid=97269

darren32 04-03-2012 09:27 PM

Thanks much for all the imput guys.
I am going to give some of the suggested methods a try when I have more time.

Turns out, I am a moron (big surprise:-X04), the audio CD I created from the itunes playlist does work! All you have to do is push "record" DUH!! And the truck records it into the jukebox.

Now all I gotta figure out is how to get the artist and song on the CD properly so the truck can read it. Right now I got 16 songs on there all "unknows track" and "unknown artist" :-X19:-X19

Jack_pine, you can definately load and delete, I just got rid of 16 tracks and she is empty again.:-missingt:-missingt

Thanks

SavageNFS 04-03-2012 09:39 PM

to fix the song names and artist, you need to enter them in iTunes. If you are like me, I have 12k song and about 75gig of music, it is a nightmare to keep up with. There are services to do it for you. I found one that did pretty good not too long ago and it was fairly cheap. I think like $20 and it found at least 75-80% of the missing titles and album covers. It was worth it to me. It may also be how you are setting up your cd burns within iTunes. Play around with it. I use my 80gig iPod so I'm happy with that.

darren32 04-03-2012 09:46 PM

Thanks guys!

glsurratt 04-04-2012 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by jack_pine (Post 11663519)
I know about the jukebox but have not started to play with it.

Can you load stuff onto it and then delete and reload other stuff? Dealer said no. I would like to load books on tape and then load different ones later.

Can you get at it with a pc and treat it like a disk drive?

Dealer was wrong - go figure.

Play with it for a while - you can delete individual tracks, albums, playlists or everything and start over.

I haven't used mine in a while - I just renewed the SiriusXm for the third time. I was on the "Call to cancel or we'll renew you for big bucks deal." so I called to cancel. Ended up with five months for $27.00.

ruschejj 04-04-2012 05:56 AM

I also have a very large iTunes library but I only use the jukebox for the really good stuff that I will never get tired of. About half my iTunes music is disposable, just random things the fam likes. My jukebox CD collection is for things like Steely Dan, Dave Matthews, Diana krall, rush, and lots of classical stuff. (I used to play in a symphony orchestra)

So, I try to keep the permanent stuff there which simplifies the horror of organizing all of the iTunes library.

Caution though, the more you use the nav unit, the more dead ends you find where you think "gee, I wish it did this or that"

darren32 04-04-2012 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 11664123)
It may also be how you are setting up your cd burns within iTunes. Play around with it. .

You nailed it, thanks!
If you create and audio CD in itunes and click on "include CD text" then everything is there when you record it to the jukebox!:-X04

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...2/Untitled.jpg

Originally Posted by ruschejj (Post 11665032)
I also have a very large iTunes library but I only use the jukebox for the really good stuff that I will never get tired of. About half my iTunes music is disposable, just random things the fam likes. My jukebox CD collection is for things like Steely Dan, Dave Matthews, Diana krall, rush, and lots of classical stuff. (I used to play in a symphony orchestra)

So, I try to keep the permanent stuff there which simplifies the horror of organizing all of the iTunes library.

Caution though, the more you use the nav unit, the more dead ends you find where you think "gee, I wish it did this or that"

That's a great idea, thanks!

FishingNut 04-04-2012 11:28 AM

I have imported CD's to the Jukebox

When you record the music from the original CD (sorry Darren - but it looks like you cracked it another way) there is a program (forgot the name, but it is the same one iTunes uses to find the details about the song) that will label the song with name and artist. Only problem with that is it is not that current and does not label newer CD's, and to update that database there is a fee.

I always rip my music as 320K mp3's, as the wife and I both have the classics, so space is not a concern and it sounds so much better too.

But thanks for all the info on getting it from iTunes to the jukebox easier :-jammin

los341 04-04-2012 12:26 PM

I have thousands of songs on my computer in mp3 format. Burning them to CD just to put them in the jukebox sounds like a real PITA :-X19 . I'm thinking if that's the only way, I might look into removing the hard drive from the truck, connecting it to the computer, and downloading my library directly to the drive. Does anyone know what file format the music is stored as on the hard drive? I'm sure whatever it is a converter can be found }>.

- Carl

darren32 04-04-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by los341 (Post 11666320)
I have thousands of songs on my computer in mp3 format. Burning them to CD just to put them in the jukebox sounds like a real PITA :-X19 . I'm thinking if that's the only way, I might look into removing the hard drive from the truck, connecting it to the computer, and downloading my library directly to the drive. Does anyone know what file format the music is stored as on the hard drive? I'm sure whatever it is a converter can be found }>.

- Carl

LOL, ya it kinda is a PITA but I am going to do like Ruschejj and only put the good stuff on the jukebox and use the ipod for the other 60 GB of stuff.