Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada Nov BS thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning all,

TGIF! Enjoy a hot cup of coffee & let's get through the rest of the day.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow, that Reno fire is terrible! 400 acres consumed and it's burning homes. The wind is blowing like a SOB. It's blowing hard up here on the mountain too. I would not be surprised if we have power outages. I see really large trees getting blown around like reeds. I'm watching the fire on TV and they really can't do much but try to protect structures because of the high winds.

TGIF! Hi gang, hello Gigs!

I was going to do some painting today, but you won't see me on a ladder with 50mph gusts. So that's out.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy all...

Sorry to hear about the Santa disaster, Donna.

Bruce - I definitely wouldn't be painting on a ladder if the winds are bad. They have picked up big time here in Vegas today.

I've been working on the truck for most of the day today. Decided to finally change the oil/filter and do the plugs. OMG, what a chore it is to do those plugs. Uggghhh. LOL They were MUCH easier to do on my 4.6L DOHC on my Cobra. At first, I didn't even know where the heck the plugs were! LOL!!! I looked around on the sides of the heads and didn't see any wires or anything and I was like...hmmmm...this is a bit strange. Not like my last 4.6L. LOL

Then I noticed the coils buried up on top of the intake and figured they had to be underneath. Sure enough, that's where they are at. Oh goodie. LOL Gotta love the people that come up with the designs. All I know is I'm sure I looked like Superman flying with my legs hanging out of the engine bay of the truck while I was laying on the radiator/fan assy to get to the rear plugs. LOL! About the only real way to get to them is by going "head on" instead of from the side like I'm used to doing with most vehicles. All the while I kept thinking to myself, "And I needed a V8, why?"

Anyway, I finally got them all changed, the truck started and didn't sound like it was missing, so I guess I didn't screw anything up. LOL!!! Only thing I didn't have money for was an air filter. I'll replace that next time I get paid by the State.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice weekend coming up. I'm supposed to shoot EnduroCross tomorrow at the Orleans Arena. I was supposed to pick up my credentials tonight, but I'm so darn tired from crawling around on the truck, that I'm going to wait and get them tomorrow morning before the races. LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 11-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Hey gang! Good luck at the races Mat.

Donna I know it was too windy for Santa's village, wasn't it?

That fire had claimed 2000 acres the last I heard. Twenty some homes were consumed.
The wind got worse through the day and the started lettin up around five the tapered off. It's still blowing but now so bad, maybe 20mph. It has been snowing lightly up here. If it reaches Reno it might help knock down those fires.

Have a great weekend!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,128 Likes on 1,681 Posts
Good Saturday Morning FTE NV.................Howdy Donna & Bruce

Old 11-19-2011, 09:06 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning everyone,

Have a super Saturday & let's hope that there's no more wind!
Santa's (entire) Village blew over yesterday, so now we've gotta scramble to assemble it all over again & replace broken wood & lights! Please keep the emergency personal & families that have been evacuated or lost their homes in the Caughlin Fire - Reno,NV in your thoughts & prayers.

Hi Gerry!

Bruce - I painted yesterday (indoors)

Mat - WTG on the truck! More pics of the races please.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Mornin' all...

Sorry to hear about the wild fires going on. Definitely not cool. Hopefully those people will be ok.

Donna - I hope your Santa Village works out better from here on out.

I'll do my best with the race pics today. I'm in SEVERE pain from yesterday. I feel like I broke my darn ribs or something. I can barely move or breathe. That definitely won't help while trying to move/squat/shoot tonight. Not to mention my rig weighs a good 9 pounds or so, so holding that out while shooting is not going to help. My fault...I should have waited until tomorrow to do the plugs. Getting old and fat sucks. LOL

However, I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Howdy Mat, what makes your truck a "Sportsman Ed"............??

Old 11-19-2011, 01:30 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Howdy Mat, what makes your truck a "Sportsman Ed"............??
Gerry - That's a good darn question...I had to do a lot of research when I first got my truck and found out that it is a 2003 SuperCab XLT with a normal Sport pkg, but, it also has the additional sliding moonroof and sidestep rails together and that is what makes it a "Sportsman Edition" (along with the different graphics on the bed). To my understanding, it was a special edition done in the southern Florida region only. Also, it has bigger tires as well, but I can't remember if that was also included in the standard "Sport" edition or that was exclusive in my Sportsman Edition. I believe that was already included in the Sport Edition.

So, nothing major, but something different.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Good luck with the shoot today Mat!

Hiya Gigs, you are everywhere young fella!

How's it going Donna? Get your show put back together? How's the attendance? And where exactly is it located?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
A little snow here last night too.

Jeff - stripper? - second job maybe???

Terrible about the fire. I've been getting messages from friends in SoCal wanting to know if it was near my house. People have a strange idea of NV geography, apparently the whole state is comprised of Reno & Las Vegas with some desert in between lol.

Donna - hope you got the village back together!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Hi Michelle, keeping warm out there?

Old 11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by racerchick21
Jeff - stripper? - second job maybe???
Perhaps after I gain a bit of weight Good evening everyone. I am praying for the emergency personnel and the families of those affected by the fires.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good luck with the shoot today Mat!..........thx 4 the info...........howdy Bruce

I was gonna ask why that link was in Mats siggy, is he the photog..........

Old 11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Hi Michelle, I dont think we have met................I'm Gerry

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nevada Nov BS thread