Nevada Nov BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all,

Hi Gerry!
Missed you Michelle. Good to see you again!
It's Wednesday & were over the mid week hump....YEAH!
Have a great day!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Donna, feeling well yet?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:22 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hi Bruce!

Feeling better finally, but am being cautious not to get a relapse. I'm hoping not to get sick again over the next few weeks. The kids & I are doing the "Polar Express Christmas Train for 4 weeks - Fri, Sat, & Sun nights from 4pm - 8:30pm!
We're going to be freezing our ***'s off waiting at "Santa's Village" for the train to arrive. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I'm really not looking forward to being outside in the cold & snow half the night, 3 days a week, for 4 weeks!

I'm hoping that they have a porta-potty &/or a heated trailer for us.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:28 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And hot chocolate!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I have the exhaust done. My truck is now running and quite Now all I have is small things like the transmission cover to modify, re-tune my stereo, and other small things to do. But, I can now drive it around

If it is warm, I will take some picks tomorrow.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Way to go Jeff. I like a quiet truck, unlike a lot of my FTE friends.

Make sure your heater and defroster are working as well as they can be. In the winter the truck just becomes a life support system for those two things.

Donna, sounds like you have a good gig going. I hope you and the kids have fun. That is a cool thing to do.

Take a thermos of hot chocolate in case they are not as nice as Michelle.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
It's not ultra quite, but it don't sound like it's strait piped. And I already checked the heater. It definitely works. With the heater working the defroster should be working. I'll have to check to make sure though. You're right, those two are life support in the winter.

Have fun Donna.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good Morning FTE NV.................Morn Bruce & Donna

Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning Gerry, Bruce, Jeff, Michelle, Mat, Rocket, & FTE friends

Let's have a Thankful Thursday...
What are you thankful for today?

Michelle - Hot chocolate is always a good thing! It's good to see you on the board!

Bruce & Jeff - I love helping out the community. Plus it's all around fun & rewarding at the same time!

Hi Gerry! How's it going?

Mat & Rocket - How are you doing?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:04 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin' all.

Glad to hear the truck is up and runnin', Jeff! I've been doing work on my wife's Camry over the last couple of days. Just tune-up stuff. I need to do that stuff to my truck as soon as I can afford it. Being out of work sucks.

Anyway, didn't get the job from a couple of weeks ago. However, I should hear about the job I interviewed for this past Tue in a couple of weeks. Well, I should hear if I go on further in the process or not.

The wife and I have talked over the possibility of me going to college if I can qualify for Financial Aid. I've never actually finished college and received a degree. Kept starting and taken some classes, but that was it. So, we're thinking that if I can somehow qualify for financial aid with me being out of work that I will go back to school at CSN (College of Southern Nevada) full time towards a transfer degree for a BS in Computer Science. I should have done this a long time ago and then I wouldn't be in the pickle I'm in now, but you live and you learn.

I applied for financial aid last night for the Spring semester. We'll see how it goes. I have a feeling that she makes too much (even on her own at this point), but it was worth a try.

Just trying to think of different ways to work around our situation at the moment. As a side note, it looks like our house might actually go into escrow (I think that's what it's called when it's closed) around Christmas, so we might have to move here locally around then. Just way too much going on at once right now. LOL

I hope everyone is having a decent week. I get to shoot EnduroCross this Saturday night (Endurocross.com), so that will be fun. Tried shooting UNLV Men's Basketball, but creds were denied because they didn't have any more room on the floor for media personnel. Oh well, we tried. I'm still hoping to get into the LVI (Las Vegas Invitational) in a couple of weeks because the same people don't credential it and it's held at a different facility.

Trying to stay bright and cheery, but it's hard. I haven't been eating as much, but I was also a pinhead and forgot to check my starting weight on Monday. LOL Duhhh! Haven't been exercising like I should yet, but at least I've been cutting down on what I've been eating and eating better, so it's a start. I wanted to say thank you to everyone here for the encouragement (as well as to my wonderful wife!); I truly appreciate it!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Mat - Glad to see you back. Missed seeing you on the board! Sounds like your doing good on your diet. Keep up the good work!

It's been quite the day here...
Lots of wind for the next 2 days & "Santa's Village" is already falling apart...Damn it! Once the wind dies down this weekend, we'll be back up there to set a few buildings back up that blew over & fix anything that's broken. GRR!!!! Hopefully we''ll be able to borrow some cement barriers w/ tie downs rings from the construction company down the road & straps to make sure the buildings don't fall down again!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Oh boy! Maybe you can get the construction co. to cart some jersey barriers down there and pic them up after the event is over?

And yes. We have had some high winds on and off.

Strange looking sky too. Cloud formations that I have never seen before. Pretty eerie. Was out just now and it feels like snow is coming.

Just got my roof work done today and maybe not a minute too soon.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good Morning FTE NV

Old 11-18-2011, 06:26 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone. Sorry to hear about your interview Mat. Keep thinking positive. Something will come along. Works for me.

I just got done working 6 hours as door security for a party. I feel like a stripper with the $60 in ones they paid me with But, money is money and I need to replenish my account after getting the parts for my truck Time for bed. Goodnight everyone

Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Howdy Bruce & Donna & Jarod

Quick Reply: Nevada Nov BS thread