General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Rep history

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TXtinct
We have been throwin' around the idea of a red rep run... Maybe you could be the first with all red.
I don't want to be on Art's hit list ...........Again ....

Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by TXtinct
We have been throwin' around the idea of a red rep run... Maybe you could be the first with all red.
Might wanna be throwin' out that idea.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Krewat
You guys are totally ruining the rep system, it wasn't meant for this. Many people here got well-deserved rep for technical and other help, and now it means absolutely nothing.

Good job...
+1.

I'm happy to say that I've "earned" my chicklets without participating in rep parties.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlene
Might wanna be throwin' out that idea.
I was refering to x hemi guy and yes it was a joke...

Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,986 Likes on 1,594 Posts
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Distributed 10 kilos of nose candy........Does this make me a cartel drug lord?
Naughty....... Go to your room

Old 07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy001
+1.

I'm happy to say that I've "earned" my chicklets without participating in rep parties.
I did, too. Took me 5 years, but I didn't do it artificially.

To those who cheat, go look up on google how the rep points you give out are calculated (answer will come from a vbulletin support site, it's a Calculus equation). Even if you artificially increase your greenies, your repping power remains low.

So, while you can stick a pair of socks in your pants to make yourself look bigger, it's an illusion that won't gain you any respect amongst your peers.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
What's with all the mod and admin attention lately?...are we really deserving of such attention?

I just ask respectfully...seems like a concerted effort to rile us up...I realize you need NO EXCUSE to lock the thread if you want too...you have that authority...you have all the authority...we realize that...but if you are looking for a reason...this thread has been extremely civil...

I mean read the V10 vs PSD thread and my god...talk about controversy...what are we doing wrong in here other than chatting in the "General NON-Automotive Conversation" forum?...

So if I understand things on "how" the reps are "supposed" to work...all the folks that rep for a whitty joke in the General section are doing it wrong?

I can't tell you how many long winded technical posts I have penned in the Excurion forum on towing or WD setups or what not and got zero reps...and that's cool...I don't pen those for reps...I pen them to help folks out...it's all good...

I know that when I get a PM from Toreador or Stewart about a towing thread or such in the Ex forum that I've missed it says a lot to me that they respect my information and ability to explain the towing characteristics of the V10 or how to set up a WD hitch...I respect those guys and they seem to respect me...

I'm just curious as to what FTE rules are being broken specifically...please elaborate if you can.

Respectfully asked.

Joe.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
I did, too. Took me 5 years, but I didn't do it artificially.

To those who cheat, go look up on google how the rep points you give out are calculated (answer will come from a vbulletin support site, it's a Calculus equation). Even if you artificially increase your greenies, your repping power remains low.

So, while you can stick a pair of socks in your pants to make yourself look bigger, it's an illusion that won't gain you any respect amongst your peers.
It took me 6 years to earn mine ..

As I said before , once all the boxes are there , no one knows where you are on the list unless you look it up. And most don't know how to do that ..

I nearly made it to the top 50 without even knowing ..

Now its just for fun & we all know it means very little ..

Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Txtinct - I knew it was a joke.

Joe, this thread gets my attention ever since the 1st mention of Red Reps, I'm now subscribed to this thread and any time there's mention of Red Reps, joking or not, I'll step in with a reminder comment.

As for other Mods showing up, seems wherever I post, I have followers. Kidding. You guys carry on and don't go getting your panties in a wad.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by Action4478
Now its just for fun & we all know it means very little ..
Perhaps it means nothing to people who have been here for a while and do it "for fun" in the social forums, but it's entirely different in the technical forums, especially to newbies who are looking for help and use it as a means of judging if a contributor knows what he's talking about or not.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Hi Tom......

Originally Posted by Crazy001
+1.

Tom, I have great respect for you. That is why I feel it is reasonable to exchange ideas with you. We may not agree, I do hope we can understand each other.......
I have observed that many of the folks on this thread use their Rep Points to say, "good job" to verious folks on many threads. These same folks use some of their Rep points to Have Fun. I do not look at the number of Green Squares as a status symbol that makes me "BETTER" than the other guy/gal. I chat with folks that have 2 or 3 or 4 squares that have thousands of post that have provided Great information and help to many of us. I have also see folks on other Threads that are Total Jerks with a full board of Greenies and thousands of post that put out Bad information and are just flat-out Mean.

I do not look at Green Squares as military medals that I EARNED in the service of my Country. If I did ........ I would just not particapate in this FUN Thread.

Tom, Thanks for listening

Old 07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Carlene,

Thanks for the clarification...Your initial mention of red rep parties certainly got my attention...and we need to be sensitive to it as it is inappropriate to even mention it in joking since it is a sensitive subject...I knew TX's "joke" would get you in here...as it should...I do think this group is a good natured group just having fun BSing in the general forum area...I'm just curious as to why 4 or 5 mods and supers have turned their attention all of a sudden to this thread is all...seemed coincidentally odd is all...

We really don't cause any trouble in here that warrants all the mod attention now do we?

Occasionally an "outsider" (not meant as a derogatory term sorry) to the thread shows up and tries to "rile" things up...for the most part we ignore things...but you have to remember we're all human and sometimes when someone throws a turd in the punch bowl...folks get upset...

Interstingly enough...the ONLY folks on FTE I've "ignored" came from the infamous V10 vs PSD thread and this thread...I love that ignore feature...just wish it was easier to get to...like right click on someones username in a post and have a link right there...other forums I've belonged to have it that easily...on FTE...you really have to want to ignore someone by a bunch of clicks...LOL...but the ignore IS YOUR FRIEND for rebel rousers...I'm not sure I'd ever considered ignoring mods or supers though...is that even possible on here...just curious...grinning like the cheshire cat as I type that last part...

Panties never were bunched up...just curious as to what all the attention was about...

Thanks for the clarification I asked for Carlene...

Joe.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Hello.....

Originally Posted by ctubutis
Perhaps it means nothing to people who have been here for a while and do it "for fun" in the social forums, but it's entirely different in the technical forums, especially to newbies who are looking for help and use it as a means of judging if a contributor knows what he's talking about or not.
Just a thought......
I have seen you on other Threads...... I have read good information that you have put out. Now..... Look at your Avatar .... It is funny .... I do not asume, from your Avatar, that you are an Idiot.... Instead, I read and evaluated what you had to say and realized that you knew what you were talking about and figured you like to have fun...Just like Me.

Thank you for listening

Old 07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Carlene,

Thanks for the clarification...Your initial mention of red rep parties certainly got my attention...and we need to be sensitive to it as it is inappropriate to even mention it in joking since it is a sensitive subject...I knew TX's "joke" would get you in here...as it should...I do think this group is a good natured group just having fun BSing in the general forum area...I'm just curious as to why 4 or 5 mods and supers have turned their attention all of a sudden to this thread is all...seemed coincidentally odd is all...

We really don't cause any trouble in here that warrants all the mod attention now do we?

Occasionally an "outsider" (not meant as a derogatory term sorry) to the thread shows up and tries to "rile" things up...for the most part we ignore things...but you have to remember we're all human and sometimes when someone throws a turd in the punch bowl...folks get upset...

Interstingly enough...the ONLY folks on FTE I've "ignored" came from the infamous V10 vs PSD thread and this thread...I love that ignore feature...just wish it was easier to get to...like right click on someones username in a post and have a link right there...other forums I've belonged to have it that easily...on FTE...you really have to want to ignore someone by a bunch of clicks...LOL...but the ignore IS YOUR FRIEND for rebel rousers...I'm not sure I'd ever considered ignoring mods or supers though...is that even possible on here...just curious...grinning like the cheshire cat as I type that last part...

Panties never were bunched up...just curious as to what all the attention was about...

Thanks for the clarification I asked for Carlene...

Joe.
Nice Post Joe...... Thank You for a well written and respectful Post!!
I trust you will receive a respectful reply.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Just a thought......
I have seen you on other Threads...... I have read good information that you have put out. Now..... Look at your Avatar .... It is funny .... I do not asume, from your Avatar, that you are an Idiot.... Instead, I read and evaluated what you had to say and realized that you knew what you were talking about and figured you like to have fun...Just like Me.

Thank you for listening
Yes, I get comments on that avatar fairly regularly, you're doing the right thing by not judging someone based on a postage-stamp-sized picture.

One can click the QR code in my sig and read a full explanation of the bra.

Quick Reply: Rep history