Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

August BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It's always good if your interview goes well. Sounds like they're pretty tough! Keep us posted.

I 'm glad that your eye feels better. I don't mind hearing about it...being a EMT, I'm into all that blood & guts stuff. LOL!

As for the realtors...that is very unprofessional & I wouldv'e called them &/or turned them into the Board of Realtors!
My mom was a realtor for Ponte Realty & Coldwell Banker here in Carson City & she was a stickler about her job! Ofcourse she was raised with old fashioned morals & values, so I guess that says something for her.

I bet Scott comes in the top 3 for his race. He's very athletic & I'm jealous.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:10 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hey Michelle

How's racing going? I haven't seen you on here much lately, so I figured you've been busy at the track.

Do they need a EMT out there? Full time or just to fill in! Please put a bug in their ear for me & give them my number if they want it.
Thanks

Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about the realtor and I wanted to call them back about it, but my wife wouldn't let me. LOL I guess she was afraid I'd get ticked off about it. I would be mad (and am), but I don't like to make a scene. However, I would like to get my point across because I think it's totally unprofessional as well.

I mean, if your client ends up finding another house first or what not, that is fine, but call us back and let us know you won't be coming by. I would appreciate that MUCH more than you just not showing up and disappearing like a fart in the wind, ya know?

Anyway, it is what it is. I agree that he will probably end up in the top 3. Can't wait to hear.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If the realtor who left you hanging is an agent working for a broker, call the broker. It is not making a scene to inform the broker that his/her agent needs to do a better job. If it is the broker who left you waiting, then you should file a complaint with the board of realtors. They have no boss per se, but if they are "realtors" then they belong to a "professional organization" and that is the correct thing to do. It does not mean that you are out of line or creating a scene, it is just the correct procedure. You can also ask the broker you have your house listed with to help you file the complaint. Just complaining to the individual at fault won't make any difference.

Why do I care? Because I used to be a Realtor and I left the business because the unethical conduct is so commonplace and so wide spread. They get away with it because nobody complains. By that I mean that they get away with a lot worse stuff than what happened to you.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bdox
If the realtor who left you hanging is an agent working for a broker, call the broker. It is not making a scene to inform the broker that his/her agent needs to do a better job. If it is the broker who left you waiting, then you should file a complaint with the board of realtors. They have no boss per se, but if they are "realtors" then they belong to a "professional organization" and that is the correct thing to do. It does not mean that you are out of line or creating a scene, it is just the correct procedure. You can also ask the broker you have your house listed with to help you file the complaint. Just complaining to the individual at fault won't make any difference.

Why do I care? Because I used to be a Realtor and I left the business because the unethical conduct is so commonplace and so wide spread. They get away with it because nobody complains. By that I mean that they get away with a lot worse stuff than what happened to you.
Bruce - Thanks for the heads up on what to do. I'm very new at this stuff and don't really know how this all works. Basically what happens with our house is we found our realtor that put our house on the market and listed it practically everywhere (which we liked, of course). So, what then happens is other realtors call us to set up an appt (most do try and set up an appt and a couple have actually called and said they are down the street and can they come by in 5 min!). So, if it works out, normally they come by to look at the house and leave their business card while they look at the house (and we are gone) and that is that. Most of the time, we set up a general time with them as to when they can come by and it's all good. But these last couple said they would come by at a certain time and poof, they never show. My wife told one that she would be home all day Friday and she said, "Okay" and hurried up and hung up. Didn't even give her a chance to set up a time. So, my wife being nice, stayed home all day for them to come by...they never called, never showed. Of course my wife never called her back to ask what time they were coming and such even though I urged her to. :-(

Anyway, so I'm not sure "who to call" on these realtors that are doing this. Like I said, the one lady that said she was coming by at 6pm and just never showed was from Century 21 and I'm not sure what realty company this last lady was from that indicated she would be here "sometime" this past Friday and never called or showed. That one really ticked me off and I wasn't even the one who stayed home all day.

I don't think we ever find out if these agents are working for a "broker" or not. If so, maybe I don't know or understand what a "broker" is regarding realty. I'm not up on the terminology for this stuff to be honest with you. LOL My wife might know, but I don't. Like I said, I just know that the first lady worked for Century 21 and the second lady worked for some other realtor, but I never asked my wife for the name. She may not have even told my wife what the name of her realty company was. We'll have to start getting that and writing it down each and every time.

Again, thanks for the heads up and info. Just let me know who I need to call/write to and I'll be all over it. I think it's crap when people do that to others, especially in a professional environment.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Yep...well said Bruce!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning everyone.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You have answered your own question Mat.

Selling your house is a large item of business. It is wise to keep a log of everything that happens. Any agreements need to be in writing. Always get the name of the brokerage that an agent represents it along with relevant phone numbers. It is good to hold them to the details, get the info before you agree to let them show your property. They will show you more respect for doing so. It is also a good idea to have them sign in, (provide a book for the purpose,) with name, number, etc. and make it mandatory. Also ask them to put down the clients name so you know for sure who first introduced the client to the property. (This protects them as well as you.) Your listing agent should have told you all this. Bottom line, it's your property and you are in charge. When someone calls to see your house they are asking you to grant them a privilege.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:15 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning FTE and welcome to Monday!
Have a blessed one!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Yeah...it's Monday & the kids go back to school today!
Time to destress.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 AM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a fun, safe, and productive weekend!

Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
You have answered your own question Mat.

Selling your house is a large item of business. It is wise to keep a log of everything that happens. Any agreements need to be in writing. Always get the name of the brokerage that an agent represents it along with relevant phone numbers. It is good to hold them to the details, get the info before you agree to let them show your property. They will show you more respect for doing so. It is also a good idea to have them sign in, (provide a book for the purpose,) with name, number, etc. and make it mandatory. Also ask them to put down the clients name so you know for sure who first introduced the client to the property. (This protects them as well as you.) Your listing agent should have told you all this. Bottom line, it's your property and you are in charge. When someone calls to see your house they are asking you to grant them a privilege.
Hey there Bruce,

Yup, I kind of noticed that when I reread it. LOL But I appreciate all of the helpful info. Very much appreciated. We'll definitely do that from now on. I already told that to my wife that we will have to get the name of the realtor and the agent and their phone number before they even come look at the house and they have to set up a proper appt. No "just dropping by" at some point crap.

What kills us is we had (or still have as far as we know) a deal on the table through Bank of America (our lender). A lady made us an offer and after a few counter offers, we all finally made a deal. All of this paperwork was turned over to B of A. Next thing we know, we get some letter from B of A stating they sold our mortgage over to some other place I never heard of (Green Tree or some crap - I'd have to ask my wife for the exact name). This came out of no where and it was AFTER a deal was on the table!!! That really ticks me off. This new place is known for not dealing and really screwing people over on short sales. Supposedly the "sale" of the mortgage isn't supposed to be until 9/1. So, our realtor was still trying to contact B of A to try and get them to put the deal through BEFORE the sale of the mortgage on 9/1. Right now we have no idea if that will happen or not. They were waiting for some document from my wife's ex and he keeps saying he sent it, but the realtor says she doesn't have it yet (he is out of state) and she needs the original.

So, I don't know. I have a feeling we're going to get royally screwed and it ticks me off even more because we had a deal on the table. We have no idea if this lady will wait for the mortgage to be sold and then go through the entire process again with this new "bank" or whatever the hell they are. I think it is completely wrong, but it looks like there is nothing we can do about it. Just when we thought things were going okay, it looks like we are going to get screwed.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help and will go out and get a log book today.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Yeah...it's Monday & the kids go back to school today!
Time to destress.

Have a great day everyone.
LOL...now that's funny! I'm sure a lot of people feel like that today.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Hey Michelle

How's racing going? I haven't seen you on here much lately, so I figured you've been busy at the track.

Do they need a EMT out there? Full time or just to fill in! Please put a bug in their ear for me & give them my number if they want it.
Thanks
Hey! I'm not sure what their safety situation is out there, but the Mr works with the club president so I can find out. We only have 2 official weekends of racing left, this coming weekend and the Dirt Track Championship in October. There's a charity race in November as well but that's just for fun (and it's usually freezing!) We raced two weeks ago and were pulling a strong second when another car tagged us. Not enough time left to fix it and finish .

Last weekend we took first again in the chili cook-off. Had a big end of summer swimming party this weekend. I'm just not on the computer so much now that it's not part of my job. I need to figure out how to get on here on my phone.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!

Quick Reply: August BS Thread