Sponsored by:

Body Mount Saga

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:25 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Az2008f350psd
This makes no sense. These mounts can easliy be replaced with urethane, yet no one seems to list a kit...ie energy suspension. If the rubber material is failing than why put rubber back in? Greasing it will futher deterioate the material. I have onwed mine for a month and I am baffled that there is not a better fix. Any one put on a body lift? I wont use one but would that not eliminate the rubber to body contact that is causing the squeking? I am determined to replace mine with something other that factory rubber. Is the frame not the same as a F250? than why not replace the entire set with urethane?
Not all grease does that.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:30 AM
myblkex
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bears-72
Finally getting around to installing mounts. Unfortunately, I was sent the wrong mounts.
Wyatt, at Horizon Ford, is going the extra mile for me. He found these OBSOLETE parts (thanks alot Ford!) in Ft. Worth, TX.
Do yourself a service and find a couple "YC3Z1000154AA" and buy them ASAP. Doesn't sound like there are that many left.

What a hassle. Aftermarket, if you are listening... make these mounts!!
great to hear - keep us posted.

I ended up loosening just a bit and retightening mine removed all creaking - Sounds like a new truck. I figure it'll come back , but hopefully will stay quiet until Spring when I can work on it better outdoors. Thanks again for the part #'s -- got to go locate some soon.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
myblkex
Senior User
Did you get around to installing the right ones ? Hopefully it solved your issue too...

Did you loosen any other ones while slipping these in ? I'm wondering what the best process for installing these is ( aside from taking the entire interior out just to replace the one's on each side under the front seats footwell... )

Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Bears-72
Junior User
The garage loosened the front section of bolts. First 3 I believe.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's the way my ford dealer also did mine.
The ones your doing are actually the 3rd ones back from the front.

Many here have not loosened any except for the one that your doing.
You will need a block of wood and a jack to lift the cab in the area that your working on. Once bolt is out, just lift enough to slide the old mount off and replace. Do not lube the new mounts!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I wonder how different the ex mounts are from other ford mounts that energy does make them for (like the bronco and etc). I also wonder how hard it would be to drill and tap a grease port onto the steel by the mounts so you could just grease it every month or so if thats what it took. Obviously wouldn't want to use regular axle grease, but something silicone based should take care of the rubber.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so i was trying to tight up the drivers body mount and I stripped it out. How to I remove the body mount. I got the bolt out but cant get the tthe top or bottom mount out. Yes i have the weight off.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BuiltFordTough!
Ok so i was trying to tight up the drivers body mount and I stripped it out. How to I remove the body mount. I got the bolt out but cant get the tthe top or bottom mount out. Yes i have the weight off.
Put the bolt back in a little and hammer down ( there is a metal sleeve in there that probably moved). You may also need to lift the cab a little more (don't over do it)!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by hasteranger
I wonder how different the ex mounts are from other ford mounts that energy does make them for (like the bronco and etc). I also wonder how hard it would be to drill and tap a grease port onto the steel by the mounts so you could just grease it every month or so if thats what it took. Obviously wouldn't want to use regular axle grease, but something silicone based should take care of the rubber.
The first 8 mounts from front to back are the same, I believe the ex has a total of 12 and sd's I believe have 10.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Put the bolt back in a little and hammer down ( there is a metal sleeve in there that probably moved). You may also need to lift the cab a little more (don't over do it)!
The bolt freely falls thru.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
The bolt freely falls thru.
That's not good, you may need to replace with new... You are going to have to pry that baby out. Unfortunatly that may distroy your body mount. Sorry.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
That's not good, you may need to replace with new... You are going to have to pry that baby out. Unfortunatly that may distroy your body mount. Sorry.
They heeded replacing anyway but i was going to move a rear one from another excustion.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
They heeded replacing anyway but i was going to move a rear one from another excustion.
Make sure they are the same size, the furthest ones on the rear are a dif. size.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
Well I just ordered uppers and lowers for the front got them for just under 100$ thanks to Tousley Ford for the discount!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
I ordered the front 2 and they came right on time. Then the issues started. I could not no matter what get the top and bottom apart from each other. I broke a pry bar trying to do it. Then I got a new set out of the box and bag to see how they went together. Then I put them together, BIG MISTAKE! now i have 2 that I cannot get apart, once they clip together inside of one another they are there forever! I finally ended up using a saws all and cutting the old body mount in 1/2 to get it out. Then I put the new set I didn't snap together in and it did stop the creaking. Next time I think ill let the dealer do it NOT FUN TIMES AT ALL!

Next week is new springs that should be a piece of cake compared to this!

Quick Reply: Body Mount Saga