General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Road trip!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:32 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by keyul
I am gonna see if I can find a good place to ride in NH tomorrow, maybe test out the GoPro helmet cam
You could try downhilling Tuckerman's Ravine......
I would make for cool video, but I don't know if you'd survive.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Eatonpcat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow...Lucky dog, Sounds like an awesome trip!! I don't know your age, but sounds like you should have your bucket list complete by the time your trip is over. Be Safe my friend and I will be looking for your picture updates.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jthorngate3
I will be in CO for my best friends wedding starting friday the 19th. If you around then, let me know.
How long are you going to be out there for Josiah?

Originally Posted by fixnair
Subscribing here too. If you need any help or just want to have a cup of coffee while you are i central California PM me.
Thank you! I should be passing through there!

Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Stop in here in eastern Ky....We have some nice parks (Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge) both offer amazing views and hiking trails are pretty good too.....

And we have some awesome food to boot.....PM when you get everything ready...I'll give ya my cell number to guide you through the sights an foods...
Thank you, I appreciate the offer! It's gonna be sweet metting new people and finding the best spots to go!

Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk
You could try downhilling Tuckerman's Ravine......
I would make for cool video, but I don't know if you'd survive.
I am gonna look that up! I am going to be riding in Pawtuckaway State Park in nottingham NH today, its not to far outta the way here and will keep me going in the general direction. Been looking through the trail reviews on Northeast Mountain Bike Trail Reviews with maps pics gpx to find where to go! Gotta look for some cliff jumping next!

Originally Posted by Eatonpcat
Wow...Lucky dog, Sounds like an awesome trip!! I don't know your age, but sounds like you should have your bucket list complete by the time your trip is over. Be Safe my friend and I will be looking for your picture updates.
I just turned 24! Been wanting to do this for a long time, figure I should do it now before I have responsibilities, or am physically unable to do it at an older age!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey Kyle....Based on your loose direction of travel....Just if you follow your line alone....You'll hit-

Where I live, and we could meet up
Natural Bridge State Park
Red River Gorge State park
Drive-In Theaters in Winchester or Stanton
Mammoth Cave
Corvette Factory/Museum in Bowling Green
Fort Boonesborough
Daniel Boone State park/Hiking areas

There's tons more.....If you love history...Lexington, Elizabethtown, Bardstown, etc....they all have a rich history.....

Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Subscribing to the adventure. Good luck and have fun.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be there a little over a week. Not NEARLY long enough!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Subscribing to this thread, I wouldn't want to miss the pictures.
If and when you get near Atlanta, GA, let me know. I'm about 30-45 mins. north of Atlanta on 75.

Good luck, stay safe, and I hope you really enjoy your trip. It should give you plenty of memories, hopefully more good than bad, for later in life.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
subscribing! have an awesome trip man.. and if you come thru norhtern idaho i know ofsome good spots as well..

Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Hey Kyle....Based on your loose direction of travel....Just if you follow your line alone....You'll hit-

Where I live, and we could meet up
Natural Bridge State Park
Red River Gorge State park
Drive-In Theaters in Winchester or Stanton
Mammoth Cave
Corvette Factory/Museum in Bowling Green
Fort Boonesborough
Daniel Boone State park/Hiking areas

There's tons more.....If you love history...Lexington, Elizabethtown, Bardstown, etc....they all have a rich history.....
Awesome! I've heard of mammoth cave before, would love to check that out!

Originally Posted by jthorngate3
I'll be there a little over a week. Not NEARLY long enough!
Hopefully I get to see ya out there Josiah, before getting back to CT!

Originally Posted by Grubbworm
Subscribing to this thread, I wouldn't want to miss the pictures.
If and when you get near Atlanta, GA, let me know. I'm about 30-45 mins. north of Atlanta on 75.

Good luck, stay safe, and I hope you really enjoy your trip. It should give you plenty of memories, hopefully more good than bad, for later in life.
Thanks! I should be around that area for sure!

Originally Posted by im2tall33
subscribing! have an awesome trip man.. and if you come thru norhtern idaho i know ofsome good spots as well..
Thanks man, I'll let you know when I am there!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
keyul
Postmaster
So I'm sitting here at a panera bread in dover, nh right now, I just got done mountain biking at pawtuckaway state park in nottingham. I rode upthe mountain, then down it! As usual, hikers were surprised my trail presence, seems everyone want to know how I manage to bike up these things. Overall, it was a good ride, loved the downhill of course, bout 12 miles total for the ride!

I thought the bus was dead today! It started up real rough this morning then started bucking on the highway, I pulled over, let it it for a minute then fired it back up, it ran good for a bit longer then started doing the same thing. This time, after I pulled over, it stalled and I couldn't get it goin again! I started thinking what could be wrong with it,then realized that I had forgotten hook up a vaccum line when I changed the air filter the other day. Hooked the line back up, and she same back to life, running a lot better, hope it stays that way!

Well, I'm off to plan my next stop, should be in southern maine this evening, hopefully I can find a spot to park this beast and sleep for the night, get a shower in too.

Got some pics today, didn't strap the GoPro to the bike yet but that'll come soon enough!

Keyul

Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Be safe bro and get lots of Maine Lobstah!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tseekins
Be safe bro and get lots of Maine Lobstah!
Thanks, think I'll be spending the night in south portland! Gotta decide where to go tomorrow!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Eatonpcat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Awesome pictures...

Believe it or not, I saw a guy working on a Vanagone today outside a local dive bar and thought about you!! Actually told my wife about your trip. She didn't seem interested, But F her, you're livin' the dream!!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Eatonpcat
Awesome pictures...

Believe it or not, I saw a guy working on a Vanagone today outside a local dive bar and thought about you!! Actually told my wife about your trip. She didn't seem interested, But F her, you're livin' the dream!!
Haha, Yessir I am! Pretty much parked here in south portland for the night, just use the solar shower, that thing is a PITA to use with the way I got things set up. I use a trap around the hatch and put the bag for the water on top of the hatch, real primitive but it got the ob done or now. I'll have to rig up something better along the way.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 PM
first today
Postmaster

When you come through Louisiana, drink heavily on Bourbon Street. Next day or day later stop off in Denham Springs off I-10 and go for a four hour tubing ride or zipline ride at Tiki tubing. Drinking also encouraged along the river. Visit the site and look at the pictures. Very relaxing with many sights.

Quick Reply: Road trip!