Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Bolt hole measurement

Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm guessing with the frame that holds up the rear of the cab hanging down so far on the COEs the three sided link helps keep it from bending back and forth. The bushings in the regular link don't provide much fore and aft strength.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
You're right, and now that I look at the two pictures, it looks like the first one incorrectly shows the COE links? I don't see two frame anchor points in the second picture, does the dogbone straddle a single point?

Old 03-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
You got me? I wish I would have gotten the whole frame too.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 AM
old ugly
Senior User
old ugly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Bolt hole measurement

Hi Guys Tried to post pics from photobucket last night but couldn't get it to work. Took some more of mounts today but need to get them from camea to here and i don't know how. Be patient it may take awhile.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:10 AM
old ugly
Senior User
Well that worked so will try again.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 AM
old ugly
Senior User
Hi Ken - I'm trying to see if this will work for you to get to my pics on photobucket. Pictures by oldugly - Photobucket

Old 03-14-2011, 03:07 AM
old ugly
Senior User
Originally Posted by old ugly View Post
Hi Ken - I'm trying to see if this will work for you to get to my pics on photobucket. Pictures by oldugly - Photobucket
Well that was a dumb idea. Maybe I'll get these figured out after another 60 yrs. have gone by. Be patient guys I'll get some close up pics up when I can, I'm going to need some help.
Hope you can get some idea what the mounts look like from last two pics and they are of some help.
Bye for now. Rod

Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Thanks, that first picture shows it pretty clear. I am going to mount my cab with it raised up a couple of inches so I don't have to cut up the floor too bad to clear the bigger engine. I will make frame mounts then. Something I find weird is the bracket (#5369 on the chart) that is right above the booster is rivited solid to the frame and to the cab with no rubber mounts. What's up with that?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Ken Newman View Post
Thanks, that first picture shows it pretty clear. I am going to mount my cab with it raised up a couple of inches so I don't have to cut up the floor too bad to clear the bigger engine. I will make frame mounts then. Something I find weird is the bracket (#5369 on the chart) that is right above the booster is rivited solid to the frame and to the cab with no rubber mounts. What's up with that?
It makes little sense! Another picture, more from the front, might explain that.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM
old ugly
Senior User
Hi Again Guys Part # 5369 - It's been awhile since I had the cab off but my right step is off so I will look to see what goes on with that bracket. No salt mine today so will get back with better info this evening. If my memory is correct it is only a stabilizer and isn't attached at the top but has a wear plate on it, will have to get under truck to verify.
Hoping to make a hidden flip out fuse panel today. Just for general info the brake booster originally was mounted on the inside of the frame, I moved it to the outside to get more room for engine/trans transplant.
Bye for now - Rod

Old 03-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Rod, what engine/trans combo are you going to use?

Would you have the drawing that shows the part numbers for the running boards? Mine are rusted pretty bad and I thought I might try to find them by a part number search.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
old ugly
Senior User
HI Guys - Here's a pic of bracket, it is as described earlier. There is a pad type material riveted to the back of it. I guess it is there to stop forward movement of the cab. Replacement parts were never available in parts book, it tells you to improvise.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 AM
old ugly
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ken Newman View Post
Rod, what engine/trans combo are you going to use?

Would you have the drawing that shows the part numbers for the running boards? Mine are rusted pretty bad and I thought I might try to find them by a part number search.
Ken - I put a 5.9 Cummins and 5spd. over out of a 92 Dodge P/U then put a 4spd. over Spicer "A"-box. I want to keep it as original as possible, a sleeper I guess.
The part numbers for the steps are R.H. - BHAA 16406-A, L.H. - BHAA 16407-A. Sorry I don't know how to scan from my parts book and put it onto here. Hopefully our other buddy will do that for us, I think he has this stuff on disk and is smarter than I am so hopefully can do it easier.

I'll try some more pics of cab mounts

Old 03-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Thanks for the numbers and the pictures. If you can get the scan I would appreciate it. I've been saving them because I don't have a parts book. That bracket rubbing the cab is different! Were you able to get the big Cummins in without cutting the floor?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
The Parts CD is only $20 from HiPo Parts Garage and is a great resource.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bolt hole measurement

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.