Hangin 10 bra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its monday morning!
GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning everyone...nice and rainy here this am...

Over the weekend I decided to buy an external hard drive...we've been filling up ours on our computer with all the photos and videos, etc...so I'm reading the paper yesterday and Office Depot has a 1Tb external drive for $70!...no ebay, no China...I just have to drive down the road and pick it up...mass storage truly is dirt cheap!

So I set it up last night after we got home from in-laws (turkey was YUMMY BTW!!!)...and I set it to do a complete backup...another benefit is my main hard drive is now completely backed up incase of a crash!...so now tonight I have to set up the automatic periodic backup runs and clean up the main drive to move the videos over since they suck up most of the space and then defrag the main drive...

I still have an additional portable drive that I move photos over to so I can clean up the camera and have the photos in multiple locations...the only thing I do not do is store the portable drive off-location in case of a fire or anything like that...

Anyone been using the on-line back up sites?...I haven't thought about doing that yet...but I believe they are fairly popular these days?

I just thought 1Tb for $70 was a good deal this weekend before black Friday and all!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Joe.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Good Friday evening Indiana!!!

Well today was another successful day in the woods...

I sat this morning and saw nothing at all...I sat in a spot I had sat last Saturday morning...I saw nothing then either...but the spot is a good one...just not the last two times I have sat...

Went to lunch and came back and got in the ground blind where I shot my buck last Saturday...I got in early because it was a mix of clouds and sun...mostly clouds so I figured they would be moving early...plus it is almost a full-moon...

So...I start to see deer moving almost immediately when I get in...there are deer running around in the corn fields...some really nice doe's too...

Well I spot one about an hour later clear across the corn field about 20-30 yards past where my buck stood when I dropped him last weekend...so it is 100-110 yards out and about 15 yards into the woods...I scope the critter and it looks to be a decent doe...but at that distance with a 3.5 scope...it is not real easy to tell...it is a loner and standing broadside...so I decide to take a shot because it looks okay...I squeeze one off and I can tell it is a good hit by how she is running...I wait about 15 minutes and then go to the spot where I shot and I have great blood...I follow the trail and I see her piled up only about 40 yards away...she is a medium doe...not as big as I thought but a nice size.

I'm all alone and it is early (about 3:30!)...so I gut her out...drag her back out to the edge of the corn field...go get the Ex and drive thru the field and put her on the rack...I'm at the butcher before I know it and home, clothes in the wash, 12ga. cleaned and Joe showered all before 7pm!!!...not a bad day if I do say so myself!!!

So...How's that Indiana!!!

BTW...I forgot that I had the camera tucked under the seat in the Ex...so no pictures...but I'll take some pictures of the jerky and snack sticks after I get them...yummy!!!

Good luck to everyone else that gets out this weekend...especially Nebo!!!

Joe.
mighty fine hunting story there Joe!! Congrats on the nice harvest!! The kids and I hunted the evenings both days(mornings booked) to no avail. Seen no deer movement at all but we intend to get after them over the holidays. May imploy some different tactics due to the blazing guns a barking in my area.

....oh, and Joe, keep the pics of the jerky, just send some samples to Freetown for a quality check.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Cardiac69
Elder User
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Morning everyone...nice and rainy here this am...

Over the weekend I decided to buy an external hard drive...we've been filling up ours on our computer with all the photos and videos, etc...so I'm reading the paper yesterday and Office Depot has a 1Tb external drive for $70!...no ebay, no China...I just have to drive down the road and pick it up...mass storage truly is dirt cheap!

So I set it up last night after we got home from in-laws (turkey was YUMMY BTW!!!)...and I set it to do a complete backup...another benefit is my main hard drive is now completely backed up incase of a crash!...so now tonight I have to set up the automatic periodic backup runs and clean up the main drive to move the videos over since they suck up most of the space and then defrag the main drive...

I still have an additional portable drive that I move photos over to so I can clean up the camera and have the photos in multiple locations...the only thing I do not do is store the portable drive off-location in case of a fire or anything like that...

Anyone been using the on-line back up sites?...I haven't thought about doing that yet...but I believe they are fairly popular these days?

I just thought 1Tb for $70 was a good deal this weekend before black Friday and all!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Joe.
I use a large external drive to back up everything on 3 computers. I also back up all of my pictures and videos onto DVD's and I do keep those at work. I use a program called Acronis True Image...
I just don't trust those off site back up places that you back up to over the net....

Bob

Old 11-23-2010, 05:10 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning IN!

Have a great day!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning to you all!
2 More days til Turkey day!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:48 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning everyone!

Only a 1/2 day of work for me today as we'll be picking up the kiddo's from school about 1pm and then have an ~11 hour drive to the jersey shore to see my sister...so think about my LONG drive today/tonight!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Have a safe trip Joe, and give us a jingle in the Jersey forum when you get in!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 AM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Good morning Indiana, have great day!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:05 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
g'mornin'......as the heavy travel time is starting, everyone be safe and be defensive drivers!! Travel mercies for you Joe!!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:15 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Indiana!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:30 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning all!
Have a great day and Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:23 AM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Good Morning Indiana, Happy Thanksgiving eve.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning...err...afternoon everyone...

I'm in Jersey...left Fort Wayne at 1pm and arrived at my sisters (~700 miles) at 11:30pm last night...made great time...almost no traffic at all...I really like traveling on Tuesday night!

Already had some great bagels...man do I miss those!!!

Quick Reply: November 2010 - General Chat Thread!