6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2011 truck problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three years ago I remember a fellow on here that had nothing but trouble with his 6.4. Long story short as I best recollect, he stuck to his guns and Ford finally made him whole with adjustments. But, my memory also remembers, deep down, I felt that guy burned other than ulsdf. Here, we hope no one, including the owner or garage inadvertently put urea in the fuel.

How many of us with diesels pull into a fuel stop and have to say aloud, I need diesel and not gas. And if tired, go to a BP station as see the GREEN nozzle is also for gasoline.

So easy to make a dumb mistake. My point, we are all human...

Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rmosso1
Three years ago I remember a fellow on here that had nothing but trouble with his 6.4. Long story short as I best recollect, he stuck to his guns and Ford finally made him whole with adjustments. But, my memory also remembers, deep down, I felt that guy burned other than ulsdf. Here, we hope no one, including the owner or garage inadvertently put urea in the fuel.

How many of us with diesels pull into a fuel stop and have to say aloud, I need diesel and not gas. And if tired, go to a BP station as see the GREEN nozzle is also for gasoline.

So easy to make a dumb mistake. My point, we are all human...
yeh, Tom Hoffman
latest posting, about 6.7s

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post9353312

you can search on threads started by his userid to see the story

Sam

Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Tom Hoffman
Senior User
Hey guys!!!!! How has everyone been?

Yes I had so many issues with my 6.4 that Ford took it back.

If you stick to your guns and keep a date book with all issues Ford will help.

I have bought a New SD every 3 or 4 years sense 93 and have owned new Broncos and 150 also. So when Ford looked at my history that really helped!!!

It is funny that i found this thread because it is time for me to buy new again.

I have been watching to see what people are saying about the new 6.7

I think i may try it agian

Good luck with your issues

And when I first came to this Forum telling my story MOST called me a troll and a lier!

I think they are just that way

PS the V10 has been flawless but i miss my Powerstroke

Old 10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gunnymyrick
It arrived with on broken back window and the windshield scratched!

I'd be very concerned about a dealer that would allow a customer to see the fact that a $60K+ custom ordered truck arrive on the lot with broken glass without fixing the issues first. Just my $.02

Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Bounds-Electric
FORD USER

Originally Posted by gunnymyrick
I just received a phone call from Ford. The problems we have experienced do not justify a new truck or a buy back! (All I ever wanted was a new ford truck) But they will repaint the hood due to the heat generated from the last problem. I knew it would be a fight when their lawyers got involved!

Thanks again for all your ideas and support
good bye
gunny
Your dealer should go to bat for you! The more they push the better. My dealer pushed for me on my 2005 with 6.0 problems (a lot less problems than yours) to get me into a new 2008!

Make sure you document (dates, times,peoples names,)
Ford called me saying she was a mediater for Ford!
I found out She was the dealers daughter with this title from Ford!
Her office was next to her dads, who I had argued with an hour before she called!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
SSLICK1
New User
I have a 2011 6.2 Gas F-250 having troubles with 6 speed tranny also first issue was around 5000 miles hard shifting 1st to 2nd gear at slow speeds like in parking lots brought it in updated computer worked great. Then at around 8000 miles started big hesitation form 2nd to 3rd when cold almost seems to die on the road but truck still runnind lasts maybe 3-8 seconds varies also extreme hard reverse when first started and hard shift 4th to 5th. Brought back updated again seemed tro work 2 weeks later problems back dealer knew update not right waited almost a month no word called factory brought in for newest update still not working getting worried now bringing back today for them to keep for a few days now at around 17000 miles

Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Byram
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by SSLICK1
I have a 2011 6.2 Gas F-250 having troubles with 6 speed tranny also first issue was around 5000 miles hard shifting 1st to 2nd gear at slow speeds like in parking lots brought it in updated computer worked great. Then at around 8000 miles started big hesitation form 2nd to 3rd when cold almost seems to die on the road but truck still runnind lasts maybe 3-8 seconds varies also extreme hard reverse when first started and hard shift 4th to 5th. Brought back updated again seemed tro work 2 weeks later problems back dealer knew update not right waited almost a month no word called factory brought in for newest update still not working getting worried now bringing back today for them to keep for a few days now at around 17000 miles
Welcome SSLICK1 to FTE...

Those trans problems are a "known" Issue for some... I got the Gasser also with similar trans problems. The TSB# 11-5-19 is for the Gas trucks and deals with a reflash plus some solenoids in the trans.

Down in the 6.2 section there is a thread discussing this & I put the TSB there last week. Mine is actually in the stealership today getting this work done.

Good luck - & I hope the previous info will cure your problems...

Old 12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
CTPYRO180
New User
I presently own a 2005 F350 with a 6.0 l @ 88K miles. Nightmare after the 75K mark...Glad I bought the extended warranty...Truck was in the shop more than on the road this past June..

Now I am going to trade in this lemon and look at two trucks for 2012.

Took the Chevy 3500 silverado duelly out for a ride . Had the Duramax diesel and Allison transmission...I loved the truck hands down...but does not have the room in the back passenger area like the Ford does...but sure has the power and comfort...

Today (12/3/2012) I took the 2012 Ford F450 with the 6.7 diesel. Noticed hesitation upon accleration right from the start and even when the truck was warmed up..Not impressed....Salesman told me the engine was designed that way for fuel economy...The 6.0 had better accleration (when it runs good)

My salesman from the Ford dealer was an Ex-Chevy salesman. I mentioned to him about me testing the Silverado. he told me Ford has some catching up to meet that Duramax /Allison combo . In his 20 years with Chevy, he can count on one hand the serious motor issues with the Duramax..and now he is a Ford salesman telling me this....WOW !

I'm going Chevy because I dont trust the 2nd year 6.7 from Ford...The 05 F350 cost me over 5K to have it repaired including the cost of the extended warranty $2600.00...The Ford dealer today told me today that Ford knew that the 6.0 was a lemon, right from the start and ford should have coverd all those, Head Gaskets, turbos, Engine Oil Coolers and High Pressure Oil couplings...but they diden't and I had to pay out of pocket, seeing the warranty was up...

So long Ford...

Old 12-03-2011, 02:37 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
Originally Posted by CTPYRO180

So long Ford...
Let see.
One post. check.
joined today. check
throw in a little bait(not stinky enough). check.
Your fishing skills are weak.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:00 PM
audimotion
Junior User
^CTRYPO
IF Ford knew all 6.0's were junk, I'd like to know why mine (2003 Super Duty) is still going strong with over 300K miles and has NEVER been apart, left me stranded, or not started. Hell, the truck runs so good and has been so reliable, I kept it, even though I got a new 2012...
Maybe I'm just one of a few 6.0 owners that got lucky and maybe your one of few who got a lemon.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
mach8274
Tuned
I'd also like to add that the salesman knows nothing about these trucks as well. I distinctly remember my salesman advising me about the tranny on these in that they take a few hundred miles to "learn" driving style/habits and adjust accordingly. So, the hesitation you felt most likely won't be there after some miles are put on it.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:37 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
My truck is doing what I need it to do just fine.

I expect sales people to know what they sell or they should bring a technical person with them for questions they can't answer (this goes a long way in my book).
Not all care though but I don't understand why this sales person would talk about another truck because he may as well shoot his own foot.

It's your choice to purchase the GM and all any of us can hope for is the piece of equipment will be there when we need it, regardless of company.
Good luck with your GM but this place isn't called FTE for pointless reasons.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 PM
cford716
Elder User
Funny that the only 2 people that have mentioned any hesitation were Chevy people. Mine has never had any hesitation, must be my driving skill. Of course I don't plan on drag racing anyone anyway. I think I will go back on Youtube and watch all those videos of the Fords dragging the Chevy's and Dodges around in the tug of wars.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:02 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by cford716
Funny that the only 2 people that have mentioned any hesitation were Chevy people. Mine has never had any hesitation, must be my driving skill. Of course I don't plan on drag racing anyone anyway. I think I will go back on Youtube and watch all those videos of the Fords dragging the Chevy's and Dodges around in the tug of wars.
Oh no, stay out of youtube.
I feel dumber because of some comments when I somehow end up on that website watching a truck video.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:00 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by CTPYRO180
I presently own a 2005 F350 with a 6.0 l @ 88K miles. Nightmare after the 75K mark...Glad I bought the extended warranty...Truck was in the shop more than on the road this past June..

Now I am going to trade in this lemon and look at two trucks for 2012.

Took the Chevy 3500 silverado duelly out for a ride . Had the Duramax diesel and Allison transmission...I loved the truck hands down...but does not have the room in the back passenger area like the Ford does...but sure has the power and comfort...

Today (12/3/2012) I took the 2012 Ford F450 with the 6.7 diesel. Noticed hesitation upon accleration right from the start and even when the truck was warmed up..Not impressed....Salesman told me the engine was designed that way for fuel economy...The 6.0 had better accleration (when it runs good)

My salesman from the Ford dealer was an Ex-Chevy salesman. I mentioned to him about me testing the Silverado. he told me Ford has some catching up to meet that Duramax /Allison combo . In his 20 years with Chevy, he can count on one hand the serious motor issues with the Duramax..and now he is a Ford salesman telling me this....WOW !

I'm going Chevy because I dont trust the 2nd year 6.7 from Ford...The 05 F350 cost me over 5K to have it repaired including the cost of the extended warranty $2600.00...The Ford dealer today told me today that Ford knew that the 6.0 was a lemon, right from the start and ford should have coverd all those, Head Gaskets, turbos, Engine Oil Coolers and High Pressure Oil couplings...but they diden't and I had to pay out of pocket, seeing the warranty was up...

So long Ford...
BYE.

SHane

Quick Reply: 2011 truck problems