6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2011 truck problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
upsman85
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to add that the hill start assits will hold the brakes for 3 seconds or longer after you take foot off the brake pedal.Could that have been the transmission problem? Also,I am very sorry to hear about your loss and that your new truck is a lemon.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
You can't say this is a lemon yet. There are specific criteria that must be met before a vehicle can be considered for lemon law type remedies. It's not cut and dried as some may think

New York Lemon Law Statutes

Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
EricInWI
New User
Idaho Lemon Law Consumer Guide

pretty similar to the Wisconsin protections where I live. Dont take their posturing for a final answer. Get a lawyer on them.

"...
You are not automatically eligible for a refund or replacement vehicle just because a repair shop has made a number of unsuccessful attempts to fix your vehicle. You must first write to the manufacturer, zone representative, or authorized dealer notifying them of the problem and giving them one opportunity to cure the defect. Specifically state that your car is a lemon and that you want a buy-back under the lemon law. Send your notification via certified mail with return receipt requested, so you have proof that the manufacturer has received your letter. This notification does two things:
  1. It gives the company an opportunity to repair the defect (the manufacturer gets one chance to repair the defect after notification); and
  2. It lets the company know of your intention to use Idaho's lemon law if the defect is not properly repaired. ..."
Get an attorney to send that notification, in WI lawyers will take solid cases they think they can win on contingency because the manufacturer gets stuck with the fees. In WI, they do not even get another crack at fixing it, and only have 30 days to comply or risk going to court and facing minimum of refund plus cash amount equal to purchase price plus attorney fees plus whatever the judge decides on top of that.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Quite an interesting thread, you do have to excuse those who first responded given the nature of the thread. With that said, set down calmly, and write Ford a letter explaining your situation with facts backed by documented events. You may be surprised.

You were not seeking legal advice from the forum as we do not offer legal advice. I hope things work out for you, keep us informed.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:12 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
I think he was jumped on early because these guys love their trucks and have heard nothing but good stuff so bad stuff is unbelieveable.

I hope Gunny gets his due. I traded in my 08 due to lot's of coolant issues for a 6.7 but to have a new truck only a short while then to think about off loading it is really tough. I'm nervous about signing the dotted line tommorrow for the 6.7 as at that point I own it for good or bad.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
With the new emission standards, it does raise a question on purchasing any of the Big 3 diesels at this point for me. Spending upward of 60K for a new vehicle is a very real concern for many owners. I remember back in 1975 when my dad bought a new truck for $4,500.00, he wondered what the world was coming to.....

Old 10-11-2010, 06:31 AM
jstange2
Junior User
I just can't figure out how it was getting DEF pumped into the engine since the lines go to the SCR on the exhaust. Any word from the dealer on that issue? That is really logically baffling.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good question...

Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
With the new emission standards, it does raise a question on purchasing any of the Big 3 diesels at this point for me. Spending upward of 60K for a new vehicle is a very real concern for many owners. I remember back in 1975 when my dad bought a new truck for $4,500.00, he wondered what the world was coming to.....
But look under the hood and compare his 1975 pickup and compare with anything made in the past 20 years. Newer vehicles are much more complex, have to be designed and built in a much more expensive era to conduct business.

Seriously, they aren't all that expensive. I was a budget-minded buyer when I bought both my '08 as well as my '11. My '11 came with every feature I wanted and almost nothing I didn't, and I paid less than $50K for it.

My '08 had an MSRP of $46K and my '11 is $51K. But my '11 has more features, is quieter, rides better, and delivers huge gains in fuel economy.

My extra $44 monthly payment is offset by the reduced fuel costs.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:31 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
crazy...while I agree with you completely...most will think your view on the pricing of theses trucks as...well...crazy

Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM
summet20
Senior User
so your diesel exhaust fluid is getting in to your engine? hmm... It looks like a nice truck from looking at the window sticker and the options. I don't think ford will mess this one up, they will do what they have to do to keep the first years customers happy. It says the truck was transported by rail, i'm wondering if it had a mishap during that time, especially with the broken window and windsheild. Hopefully they get er figured out for ya.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Evan99
Senior User
dont take no for a answer go get you a new truck!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
summet20
Senior User
Heres a question? Wondering if someone put the DEF in the fuel tank and not in the regular DEF tank. Sounds to be that way. Motor would for sure miss and run rough. DEF should not even be close to the motor, its completely different system altogether. Have them check that and see, its been done around my area already and has failed some engines because the def was put in the wrong tank. burning and etc makes sense then.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 AM
perryg114
More Turbo
Urea is very corrosive. I don't think an engine that injests much on it will live long. Also one has to wonder how long an exhuast system will last with corrosives in it.

Perry

Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe I missed it in another post, but has Ford/dealership offered to put a monitoring device on the truck? They've done this with other ill-behaving trucks, and should offer it with yours. When the driver starts to encounter the issue, they press a button and the data logging occurs. After a period of a few days, you take it back to the dealer and they roll through the logs (hopefully discovering what the issues are).

Quick Reply: 2011 truck problems