bronco roof line different that trucks? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bronco roof line different that trucks?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Senior User

TheBlueMule is starting off with a positive reputation.
bronco roof line different that trucks?

Hey guys,

I finally found a lighted visor for my 1995 Bronco! however, the guy i'm getting it from says he bought it for his 1990 F-150 thinking it was the same roof line and would fit. If he would of asked me, i would have told him it'd fit. I know quite a bit about these era trucks and always thought the roof lines were the same from actually 73-96 150's and broncos. However, the guy said the install directions specifically say "1992-1996 Bronco only". anyone know why?? I don't want to drive 2 hours for this thing if it for some odd reason isn't right. it is a lund moon visor by the way.

Thanks guys,
TheBlueMule
Old 09-17-2010, 06:15 PM

AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.AbandonedBronco has a great reputation on FTE.
Hrmmm.... I can't think of any reason it wouldn't fit. As far as I know, there are absolutely no differences between any roof line on any 80 - 96 Bronco/Truck until you get to the rear of the cab where the truck turns into a window, and the Bronco has the shell.

The Lund Moon visors I find on line state they'll fit 80 - 98 F-trucks.

If someone else can think of any other reason...
Old 09-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
The only change to that part of the truck/Bronco bodies during the era in question was a change in the vent windows/upper door and window configuration and that is minor. The roof line, to the best of my knowledge did not change from 80-96 in the Bronco.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Senior User

JohnMcD348 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting. I have a similar question that I get opposing answers to. It's about the headliner. Would a Headliner from an F150 fit a Bronco of the same body years? I've been trying to get a headliner for my 92 Bronco and can't find one anywhere. I was wondering if I found one in a 92-96 F150, if it would work also?
Old 09-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
The headliner for the truck may well be too short because of the fact that the aft portion of the roof in the Bronco tapers up and back to meet the fiberglass top. The truck headliner would end at a point where it met with the rear of the cab coming down which I believe is a bit closer than the point where the Bronco top meets the roof line.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Junior User

rksiewert is starting off with a positive reputation.
What color of headliner for the bronco are you looking for? I have a tan eddie bauer with the hole for the center console, and a gray non-eddie bauer from a 95. Both in decent shape. Are you in Lakeland Florida?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior User

TheBlueMule is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, i bought the visor. It came with all the origional installation instructions and information. It lists a different part number for bronco's than the f-series pickups. I have no idea what the difference is but this thing fits beautifully on my bronco, and they guy swore up and down it wouldn't fit on his 1990 F-150. And i believe it didn't because it was a brand new visor that had been out of the box once and he sold it for a third of what he paid for it.

TheBlueMule
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior User

JohnMcD348 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rksiewert View Post
What color of headliner for the bronco are you looking for? I have a tan eddie bauer with the hole for the center console, and a gray non-eddie bauer from a 95. Both in decent shape. Are you in Lakeland Florida?
Yes, I live in Lakeland, FL. PM Sent.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Junior User

rksiewert is starting off with a positive reputation.
PM sent back.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Elder User

McLeod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know this is an OLD thread, but I wanted to add my observation about the difference between the roof lines of Broncos and F trucks.
Everywhere you look online, there is reference to visors fitting both the Bronco and the F trucks, but I do not think that is accurate.

I have a '93 F150 and a '95 Bronco and yes, there is a subtle difference in the roof area over the windshield.
The Bronco's roof rises slightly higher than the F150's does.
And only a discerning eye will catch the difference.

The big difference is that the Bronco's rise is parallel with the windshield angle where as the F150's rise departs at lesser angle quickly.

I also have a Lund Visor FP2 and it fits the F150 perfectly, but it doesn't fit the Bronco very well at all.
It would take a lot of manipulation to make it work, if at all possible.

The hang up on the Bronco seems to be the visor's center mounts hold one end of the visor up too high when setting the other end of the visor down to meet the roof.

I would be cautious of buying an FP2 thinking it will fit [nicely] on a Bronco......
Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 AM
New User

Daryl4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
A very interesting observation. I pulled up some pics to compare, and I think you're exactly right. This would mean the flat(ish) top is likely higher on the Bronco as well. Kinda makes sense given the rise at the back to meet the removable top.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Elder User

McLeod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Does anyone know what part number Lund used for the Bronco specific visor?

FP2= F series

?? = Bronco

and for those who don't know, there are similar visors being made under the Keystone Restyling name available at Summit Racing.

12159 fits 80-96 F series w/ factory cab lights
12140 fits 80-96 F series w/o factory cab lights

and Summit Sports Cab visors for Bronco (different style than Lund)

Summit Racing® Sportvisor Cab Visors *non lighted* - SUM-480030 fits 80-96 Bronco
Summit Racing® Sportvisor Cab Visors *lighted* - SUM-480130 fits 80-96 Bronco