Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dead - Head

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
homesteader
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead - Head

What is the difference between ITP fuel regulated return and Riffraff FRx. I know there is a lot of difference in price. Dont they both do the same thing. Can someone explain the difference between both.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I personally like the riffraff one because it has the fuel bowl return adaptor.
I just don't like the thought of cutting the return line like some of the other kits.
I'd prefer all hardline and not hose though. I am aware that parke makes some nice hose, I've used lots and lots of it in industry, but I like to build things overkill like most diesel stuff should be.

My vote is riffraff.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 AM
homesteader
Elder User
Originally Posted by UNTAMND
I personally like the riffraff one because it has the fuel bowl return adaptor.
I just don't like the thought of cutting the return line like some of the other kits.
I'd prefer all hardline and not hose though. I am aware that parke makes some nice hose, I've used lots and lots of it in industry, but I like to build things overkill like most diesel stuff should be.

My vote is riffraff.
So do they both do the same thing. Riffraff looks a lot cleaner less parts. Itp looks like its to busy if you know what I am saying . Trying to decide which one to get. If I go with price I would have to go with riffraff especially if they serve the same purpose.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:18 AM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I looked quick on the itp Website and couldn't find the frx or cck kit listed.
But I know I've seen it before. I liked the kit until clay come up with his. Then I decided that I'd go with his instead if I were to do it. Now I'm going to do a full reg return and fuel system instead of just the frx.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 AM
rat49f6
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with clays kit its cleaner and no messinh with a reglator.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They do *almost* the same thing. A full RR like the ITP kit or the DFA kit caps off the stock return from the bowl and pushes all the fuel through the heads to the regulator you add into the return line (hence the name). The CCK & FRx use the FPR in the bowl along with a pair of lines you add to the heads to tie it back to the return. They both eliminate the dead-head problem, which is better, I can't say. However, I had the DFA CCK and converted it to their RR. It's nice to have adjustable fuel pressure, especially when you start mod'ing injectors and fuel system to supply them. Stock or smallish upgraded stix probably would do fine on the FRx/CCK. You start getting into large stage 2s or hybrids, then it's time to look into an RR & upgraded fuel pumps, etc...

Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Chvyrkr
Junior User
Don't forget also, that a RR system allows you to adjust fuel pressure.

It takes X amount of time to move 135 cc's of fuel into the injector at 60 psi. Larger injectors require more time. So you'll need slightly higher pressure.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
homesteader
Elder User
Originally Posted by Izzy351
They do *almost* the same thing. A full RR like the ITP kit or the DFA kit caps off the stock return from the bowl and pushes all the fuel through the heads to the regulator you add into the return line (hence the name). The CCK & FRx use the FPR in the bowl along with a pair of lines you add to the heads to tie it back to the return. They both eliminate the dead-head problem, which is better, I can't say. However, I had the DFA CCK and converted it to their RR. It's nice to have adjustable fuel pressure, especially when you start mod'ing injectors and fuel system to supply them. Stock or smallish upgraded stix probably would do fine on the FRx/CCK. You start getting into large stage 2s or hybrids, then it's time to look into an RR & upgraded fuel pumps, etc...
Okay Joe I plan on doing at least hybrids so I think I will look into RR set up. Would you suggest ITP's set up?

Thanks

Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by homesteader
What is the difference between ITP fuel regulated return and Riffraff FRx. I know there is a lot of difference in price. Dont they both do the same thing. Can someone explain the difference between both.

Thanks
There not the samething... One is a hose and fitting that ties into the return, the other is a complete fuel system...

Originally Posted by Izzy351
Originally Posted by homesteader
Okay Joe I plan on doing at least hybrids so I think I will look into RR set up. Would you suggest ITP's set up?

Thanks
ITP sells the best fuel SYSTEM on the market. Period.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
homesteader
Elder User
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
There not the samething... One is a hose and fitting that ties into the return, the other is a complete fuel system...

ITP sells the best fuel SYSTEM on the market. Period.
Thanks I will look into a ITP RR fuel system.