Sponsored by: Moser

What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 09:31 PM
redroad
Lead Driver
Received 494 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by Anthony Yagel
If you go fast enough you done need a snorkel. It's when your in nasty thick mud and it just stops, as you try to wiggle loose you feel it sinking more then have to have a jeep pull you out!!!. I didn't have a choice. Hahaha but it was fun first time with this rig in 4x4 or even off road and I have owned it 6 years. I guess I'm a bad dent owner.

Old 10-10-2021, 12:42 PM
dmccorkle911
Mountain Pass

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I finally broke down and installed a new din radio. I purchased the bracket from a member who sells them, welded the plate to the cage and it fits perfectly. The photo makes the trim look distorted but it is straight.

Th

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-10-2021, 02:59 PM
TOM B1
Cross-Country
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
10/10/21 Over the last two weeks I installed a new ITS A SNAP harness in my truck, bought it way back when at the Carlisle auto show, had to use many of my connectors.
Then I had to fix the cab windshield channel as it was rusted out. then replace the DS rear corner cab patch panel. Took the heater out and re-did the seals , replaced the fan motor and got rid of many stupid stink bugs.

Old 10-10-2021, 03:28 PM
redroad
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by TOM B1
10/10/21 Over the last two weeks I installed a new ITS A SNAP harness in my truck, bought it way back when at the Carlisle auto show, had to use many of my connectors.
Then I had to fix the cab windshield channel as it was rusted out. then replace the DS rear corner cab patch panel. Took the heater out and re-did the seals , replaced the fan motor and got rid of many stupid stink bugs.
That's a lot of work there Brother! Great Job

Old 10-10-2021, 04:53 PM
TOM B1
Cross-Country
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yea it is but I have 5 weeks vaca to take or LOOSE it before Jan 1st

Old 10-10-2021, 05:40 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,328 Likes on 1,126 Posts
Originally Posted by redroad

Looks right, don't recall them until last few years here.

Originally Posted by Anthony Yagel
If you go fast enough you done need a snorkel. It's when... etc ... a jeep pull you out!!!. ... etc ...
Was a Subaru pulling the Jeep?

Old 10-15-2021, 10:02 PM
thatsrealnice
Laughing Gas
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
American Autowire

I did not like how the American Autowire kit attaches the wiring for the rear body to the main harness behind the dash, unlike how Ford did it on the engine side of the firewall so you could disconnect them independently if you wanted to do something to rear body, or whatever. I got some generic connectors with the pins off of Amazon and clipped off the AAW connectors and crimped on new connectors so they snap together on engine side of firewall so you can disconnect rear body feed near Ford did it.

The following 2 users liked this post by thatsrealnice:
Old 10-16-2021, 12:27 AM
redroad
Lead Driver
@ thatsrealnice Yup, now a days you can get a lot of choice to make a modular wiring harness Even pass through connections

Old 10-18-2021, 08:18 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
After some wood working, planing some special boards, I decided to try the "drill some holes and weld the nuts to the tailgate" to solve the issue where the weld nuts inside the tailgate came loose when I was working on the original tailgate a few days ago. I was replacing the plastic retainers on the latch rods, lubing the handle, wanted to lube the actual latches then. I did spray some lube in from the outside. Then, as soon as I realized that the nuts broke loose on the left side latch inside the tailgate, I zipped them back tight with air ratchet fast and actually got then to catch on the broken weld points. .

Tailgate shuts and latches much easier now, but soon gonna come a time I'll swap on the NIB Ford tailgate for painting and loose spinning hidden nuts aren't in my plan.

Today I drilled a 3/8" hole where measurements told me I'd find the nuts inside the tailgate ... and sure 'nuff, there they was. I did 6 ... there are 3 on each side, drilled the holes inside surface of tailgate. Then a few seconds with a stick of E7014, and I guess the heat helped too because the 6 bolts loosen up and retighten like new bolts in new nuts. I put a good dose of spray luybe on them too.

They are the six bolts that go into the ends of the tailgate to secure the latches and the flat metal tailgate folding drop limiters. There's 3 on each side.

Worked so well, I might so mod my NIB Ford tailgate's hidden nuts.

update 10-19-2021: OK, today I opened the NIB Ford tailgate, I see how those three nuts are secured in square holes, so gonna do no hole drilling on it unless it's ever needed. I had to cut those white bands but I retied the box with some rope. That NIB tailgate sure is pretty though, first time it's seen light since it was boxed by Ford.

The following 3 users liked this post by tbear853:
Old 10-23-2021, 10:31 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Where I've been parking my '77 since building this house was 30 feet from the wioods. The nearest tree is a Hickory tree that had a lean to it. In 1990, wasn't looking as big, but last couple years it got to looking bigger, leaning as always, and somewhere along the way it grew a really long limb hanging out across / over the '77's spot. Lately, I've been parking elsewhere. Couple days ago, took awhile of practice, but I got a throw line over that branh, about 8" as the base that is 25 feet up itself. Used a rope saw, cut the branch enough that it closed up on one side and pinched my saw, so for two days I let it stay like that, but the truck was on the other side of the house. Yesterday, I spent hours getting another throw line over the branch out about 15 feet from the cut. Then I got a 1/2" rope over that point, tied a double run to my '07, backed up, the limb popped loud ... fell ... and landed exactly across that parking spot. It gave out with a sharp crack, then dropped and no doubt was nearer 40 feet long. The rest of the tree is leaning over a vacant piece of my neighbor's yard and is much bigger ... did not even shake. Heavy too. 10,000 hickory nuts. Tonight that '77 is back there parked in it's home spot again ... beside a pile of cut up hickory limb, branches, etc.... I'll use it to move the pile.

My doors are painted inside, primed outside, and I'm gonna put them on here soon. Only attachment besides hinges is two strand speaker wire. Getting there I am!

Was NIB, but had to take it out just to look at it, back in the box now.

Really, I think the old girl seems happier.

The following 2 users liked this post by tbear853:
Old 10-26-2021, 11:50 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dmccorkle911
Well, I finally broke down and installed a new din radio. I purchased the bracket from a member who sells them, welded the plate to the cage and it fits perfectly. The photo makes the trim look distorted but it is straight.

Th
Do you have a link to the member who sells them? I'm curious what the bracket runs and what it accommodates.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Took the '07 out after c leaning the glass, drovr up to Broadway, visited Auto Krafters, bought two new front fenders for the '77, then to Costco, then to Cracker Berrel, had the Maple Bacon Grilled Chicken, first time I tried it, had the apples and the hashbrown and coffee, and when brought out was two big chicken breast with little green pieces onion, bacon, and a creamy sauce ... and it was like out of this world good. Worst bite was the last, because it was gone. Then an hour drive home.

My painter buddy was telling me that Iought to just get a left fender (rust at bottom in front of tire and near the door pretty bad), and I recalled that it looked fine until the paint bubbled ... so I bought both so I don't see bubbled paint on the right one next year. Ordered cab corners too, one on mine is needing work, the other has a bubble too. As I was headed north on 42, saw a bright rainbow that ended it looked like at Broadway. Told the lady there, she said she would love to have seen it, I turned and there it was, so I told her .... and those cab corners wil ship in a simple box, what I saved on shipping fendersv will might near pay for the second one.

So now only trim holes to fill will be cab corner behind the doors. Got my doors back from my painter, he did insides all Rangoon Red to match my interior. I'm gonna put them on after all.

Old 10-27-2021, 12:50 AM
Evan76
More Turbo
Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Grinding away on the 300 head. Alot of hours into it now. Getting close to calling it done.

The following 2 users liked this post by Evan76:
Old 10-27-2021, 08:05 AM
77&79F250
Received 3,401 Likes on 2,526 Posts
While looking for truck parts on the web I found a company that repops the OEM push bar.

https://www.hardknoxfab.com/product/...onco-push-bar/

Old 10-27-2021, 08:25 AM
ranger140892
Cargo Master
Received 533 Likes on 380 Posts
Evan76, That looks good. Give some finished product pics when you're done, please.

Quick Reply: What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?