Sponsored by:

Where did everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 AM
mcallister
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did everyone go?

I have been reading on here this week and have noticed the guys that were posting on here really heavy 2 years ago are gone. What happened to that kid that didn't even have his license when he started posting? I think he had a white Ex, like mine, with a 6.0L. He did all his work, he used to have a sig photo holding his exhaust. People come and go I guess.....well, like I did. Looking forward to catching up.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:41 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
people move on. Some sell and get something else. Some stay until their vehicle is modded until it satisfies them. Some just post until they know enough to make them comfortable.

Then there are ones that are kinda strange. They love their truck, want to keeep it for a thousand years, and are willing to spend a obnoxious amount of money to keep it running and to customize it to their desires. Those are the ones that kind of stick around forever here. I'm guilty.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I think you mean Nick, right? Weekendwarrior?

He's in his senior year of high school and is also constantly traveling to tech get togethers to help guys work on their rigs.

He might be coming down to my place next saturday to help change two HPOP's, a set of rear brakes, and possibly a leveling kit and RAS.

Stewart

Old 02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
da X-man
Elder User
I've been here for over a year now and I've noticed a lot fewer posts from my old buddies nowadays. It seems that this site is becoming more of a "whats the biggest tire I can fit" site, where as it used to be more technical...

... but I still love it.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:36 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Well, I'm trying to do some tech. I've almost got my junk moved out of the garage to a storage unit so I have room.

There is the finish work to do on the wiring on my bumper lights to put in my bumper thread.

Next will be a thread on how to make your own synthetic winch rope and extension rope. Then I sill start a thread on the front and rear axle rebuild with air lockers and lower gears. That will be fun.
Plug in there a thread on installing the new front lift, and then the wiring for the f650 dash.

I want to do a thread on the recovery gear I have gotten, why and where, but I don't know if I should put it in the 4X4 and Offroad forum or here, as it is pretty specific to this Excursion.

Here and there I am working on plans for a rear swing away gas carrier for the back of the Ex, as well as a design for a roof rack. That would be later in the spring.

Not to mention a thread about the redesign of my on board air system.

And, after it warms up, a thread on what to do about the spot rust on the underbody we all get.

I'm going to be busy with this, as it is almost a hobby now. My future threads will be a bit more detailed, and I hope better reading.

It just has to warm up a little bit. I am one that hates the cold.

I have noticed that it is the funny thread, and the tech threads that keep people around.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:54 PM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by housedad
And, after it warms up, a thread on what to do about the spot rust on the underbody we all get.
Speak for yourself. 171k rust-free miles here.

I have noticed that it is the funny thread, and the tech threads that keep people around.
Don't forget the V10 vs. diesel threads.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Mante
Junior User
Originally Posted by gr8scott72
Speak for yourself. 171k rust-free miles here.

Don't forget the V10 vs. diesel threads.
Funny you mentioned v10 vs 7.3 PSD.. My neighbor ownED a 2005 v10, he was the reason why I looked into getting the Ex in the first place.. anyways quick chit chat fuel consumption came up.. He was pissed when i said 15mpg vs his 8 lol.. Anyways he drove mine and within 6 days sold the v10..

Old 02-13-2010, 08:41 PM
mcallister
Senior User
My V-10 will out pull your Powerstroke anyday! Hahahaha! Those threads are the best! I don't car what you got, it's the Excursion I am in love with! I have been gone forever, thought the guys that were on here before would be the same......I mean, come on, who would stop talking about the best SUV ever made! I left because I had to get my BMW perfect, well it's done, so I am back onto the Excursion.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Mante
Junior User
That can possibly happen but your mpg would be at 5?? lol Seriously after driving one I realized it was nothing else for me.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:55 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Well, welcome back.

And diesel or gas, Everyone knows the silver Excursions are the Baddest and meanest!!!

Diesels are knuckel dragging neanderthals. Strong, but sloppy. V-10's are refined and have finesse! touche'

Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
shadows4
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Diesels are knuckel dragging neanderthals. Strong, but sloppy. V-10's are refined and have finesse! touche'
Well said!

Old 02-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Cue Tim Allen!

Stewart

Old 02-14-2010, 08:22 AM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I never understood the V-10 vs Diesel debates here. They are the exact same truck with one exception....

..........the V-10 never has a 6 to 8 page Oasis report.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Mante
Junior User
Well, welcome back.

And diesel or gas, Everyone knows the silver Excursions are the Baddest and meanest!!!

LOL @ neanderthals.

Last I heard the 7.3 doesnt have that "oasis report" that is being mentioned

Old 02-14-2010, 11:32 AM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Well, welcome back.

Ugh...

Quick Reply: Where did everyone go?