Sponsored by: DP Tuner

H2E VS 38R

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 AM
fordzilla01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H2E VS 38R

Hello everyone I know this one has been beaten around a tonne so far, but here we go again... I had an interesting discussion on another forum tonight with some guys regarding the H2E vs 38R.
Is it true that the stock H2E actually has less airflow than the 38R?
I was told that with Stage III Hybrids and a 38R, the 38R is limiting my ability to use the full potential of the hybrids?

I have my brand new 38R sold with brand new up-pipes etc... and was planning on getting an H2E, but now I am undecided again.

I understand that the H2E kit comes with a new mounting plate, a bunch of piping and new up-pipe setup. Is it true that it reduces your exhaust downpipe from 4 to 3"?
I just bought new stainless exhaust which included a 4" downpipe, and this turbo 'UPGRADE' will make me downsize again?

Would You sell your 38R and "Upgrade" to the H2E? Or would you stick with the 38R?

I have Stage III Hybrids and am building a motor to take whatever I want to throw at it, so what would you do?

Last but not least, do I need to worry about my 6Spd Standard tranny taking this kind of power? I do have the clutch to take it now...

Thanks for any input you guys can provide... I just want to make the right decisions here...

Old 01-04-2010, 12:43 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wished I could help yaa, I love my 38R and only heard of the H2E. Only thing I heard to get full potential of the H2E is to modifiy the heck out of it, but again, no expert here.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 AM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
With a built engine I would find a t4 set-up.. more options.. They can be had of PSN for around $1200. Keep in mind those are homebrew kits.. but I hear quality is usually good..

If you really wanna have some options I think that's your best bet.

I also hear the turbonetics is bringing a t4 kit to market.. they debuted it at SEMA

Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 AM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
keep the 38r and add a bigger turbo along with it......compound that bugger and have some fun lol.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 AM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Originally Posted by UNTAMND
keep the 38r and add a bigger turbo along with it......compound that bugger and have some fun lol.

i was also wondering about going to a bi-turbo set-up, i could get a true dual exhaust...added HP, lower exhaust temps, no need for alot of excess monitoring, the pros far outweigh the cons...i wonder if somebody has done it, what the results were, and if there's a kit thats available for a bolt on app....hmmmm....if not, that would be 1 helluva upgrade....lol...

Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 AM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A 38r flows very little more air then a stock H2e... Step up to a modded H2e and your not even in the ball park. Not to mention any t4 set up is going to give you 50 differant options... S300, S400, GT40, Modded H2e's, GT45 and so on...

The stock H2e kit comes with a 3.5" down pipe, no need to be any larger then that... but when I built my H2e kit I made my own 4" down pipe.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
SuperDoodie
Elder User
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
A 38r flows very little more air then a stock H2e... Step up to a modded H2e and your not even in the ball park. Not to mention any t4 set up is going to give you 50 differant options... S300, S400, GT40, Modded H2e's, GT45 and so on...

The stock H2e kit comes with a 3.5" down pipe, no need to be any larger then that... but when I built my H2e kit I made my own 4" down pipe.
Isn't the H2E on a T4i platform instead of a T4? Seems like I read that somewhere and a T4 turbo wouldn't work with a T4i mount.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:46 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SuperDoodie
Isn't the H2E on a T4i platform instead of a T4? Seems like I read that somewhere and a T4 turbo wouldn't work with a T4i mount.

Greg... Dont play dumb...

Yes, the H2e turbo uses a T4i flange, but it is nothing more then opening up two of the mounting holes to make any T4 turbo fit the H2e kits. Most of the kits you buy now are T4 kits which any mid frame turbo INCLUDING the H2e will bolt to.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
SuperDoodie
Elder User
Greg... Dont play dumb...

Yes, the H2e turbo uses a T4i flange, but it is nothing more then opening up two of the mounting holes to make any T4 turbo fit the H2e kits. Most of the kits you buy now are T4 kits which any mid frame turbo INCLUDING the H2e will bolt to.
Ok thanks for the clarification. Now we know there is a difference.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Sometimes I play dumb to get the discussion going.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Ok thanks for the clarification. Now we know there is a difference.

You mean you run and operate a Diesel Performance Website and don't know there is a difference between the two? Wow, makes me think twice before I recommend you to anyone.

Or were you just playing dumb to start something?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
SuperDoodie
Elder User
You mean you run and operate a Diesel Performance Website and don't know there is a difference between the two? Wow, makes me think twice before I recommend you to anyone.

No i don't own, run, or operate a diesel website. Once again you are putting out false, inacurate, and mis-leading information and mucking up this poor guys thread.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
No i don't own, run, or operate a diesel website. Once again you are putting out false, inacurate, and mis-leading information and mucking up this poor guys thread.

So this is not you???

Diesel Bombers

Powerstroke Nation - View Profile: Deputydog

If not, by golly I am sorry...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Joe, Greg is Bryans Online Rep for Diesel Power Products

Old 01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster

So this is not you???

Diesel Bombers

Powerstroke Nation - View Profile: Deputydog

If not, by golly I am sorry...
Originally Posted by PwerStroke99
Joe, Greg is Bryans Online Rep for Diesel Power Products
Sorry for the misleading information...

He just "works" for one... got ya...

Quick Reply: H2E VS 38R