General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Remember Today

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I had been in the WTC a number of times. It is hard to imagine the size and scale of bldgs one and two. When the first one started to fall, as I was watching it on TV all I could think of was "NO WAY!" "NO FREAKING WAY!" That was a controlled demolition and there is no way an airliner could possibly bring those buildings down. I still believe that. And watching WTC 7 fall was clearly and undeniably a controlled demolition. I don't claim to know who was behind the attacks but the "official story" was definitely a fabrication, and a massive amount of evidence was ignored. Talk about violating a crime scene! They were trucking away debris before the smoke had cleared. I understand the hunt for survivors but why were those killed reduced down to molecules yet an intact "terrorist" passport is found laying on the ground? Also, interesting is that the normal capacity of the buildings is around fifty thousand people yet only three thousand died? Especially after the botched evacuation efforts. Too much bs.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:58 AM
ToaDisco
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you keep your disrespectful and delusional comments to yourself in a thread intended to remember those that did die.

Go find a bridge and jump.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
everyone is allowed to have an opinion on something, whether we agree with it on not.
that is the beautiful thing about america.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:53 PM
ToaDisco
Senior User
He's entitled to his opinion, and he's welcome to go start a new thread about it.

My comments were aimed more towards his views being inserted into a thread created to remember those who were lost on that day. It's bad taste.

This is America. You CAN say whatever you want regardless how controversial they are. At the same time, I am allowed to criticize you for those comments. It's a two way street.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by ToaDisco
He's entitled to his opinion, and he's welcome to go start a new thread about it.

My comments were aimed more towards his views being inserted into a thread created to remember those who were lost on that day. It's bad taste.

This is America. You CAN say whatever you want regardless how controversial they are. At the same time, I am allowed to criticize you for those comments. It's a two way street.
Criticize all you like. The facts remain regardless of your feelings.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Why don't you keep your disrespectful and delusional comments to yourself in a thread intended to remember those that did die.

I have to assume you were in grade school when the WTC fell. (?)

Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand what's disrespectful about Bruce's comments, nor can I assume the reason why the OP started the thread other than to say where he was at the time he heard of the disaster.

Disagreeing does not constitute disrespect. Telling someone that they are delusional and that they should jump off of a bridge, on the other hand.....

Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
ToaDisco does not know about Bdox and his thoughts about 9/11 so he did not expect it. We have been over this bridge several times. I understand his rant. Bdox still thinks and always will that it was an internal government killing of American Citizens to cover something up that they (the government) did.

As for me, I was working a claim file in the middle of the West Virginia Coal Fields. I saw the first tower hit and started outside when I two F-15s scrambled and low flying on an intercept course for central PA, not knowing anything about the PA plane. The the lady told me that the second tower had been it.

It was an upsetting day for me and I will not go any further.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:20 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
There are many things said, assumed, and reported - correct or otherwise - about this tragic event in this country's history. But that isn't really the spirit of this thread.

Where was I that day? Out roaming around the prestressed concrete plant I worked at as a QC Manager at that time. I was out in one of the storage yards doing a final inspection for a PADOT job we were shipping out that morning - the yard crew had just loaded up several "pup" trailers with 150' long "I" beams. Got paged to the plant office to meet a visiting inspector from a jobsite and when I went upstairs that's when I heard it on the local radio about the first 2 planes in NY. I was done with the final inspection, so I just sat there with our dispatcher, secretary, and the visiting inspector listening to events unfold...probably an hour or so, or at least until the plane went down at Shanksville. Very, very surreal - and many around me thought this was the end of the world.

No matter the take on the why, how, etc., the event cost thousands of lives that day - husbands, fathers, daughters, mothers, sons, brothers. And it will forever be remembered as a dark day in our history.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:06 PM
ToaDisco
Senior User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
I don't understand what's disrespectful about Bruce's comments, nor can I assume the reason why the OP started the thread other than to say where he was at the time he heard of the disaster.

Disagreeing does not constitute disrespect. Telling someone that they are delusional and that they should jump off of a bridge, on the other hand.....
Claiming close to 3,000 people were murdered by our gov't and turning their deaths into some complex political conspiracy seems a bit disrespectful to me.

Maybe my moral compass is off

In my mind, if you can honestly say our gov't brought down those towers, your delusional. The bridge comment was a little harsh, I agree. Although I never told him to jump OFF, just to jump

My main problem with the post was it had no business belonging in this thread, especially on that specific day.

He was fishing for someone to respond negatively, and I got it hook, line, and sinker.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:12 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
ToaDisco,

Bruce is good for that. He carries a large pole with an invisible hook, line and sinker and he just loves to use it. He got you good.

Bruce is a good guy, in his unusual warped and twisted way. You have to just get to know his demented view of life. He is not an anarchist, but very damn close. In other words, he hates the bloated government and their givaways just like I do.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by pmasley
ToaDisco does not know about Bdox and his thoughts about 9/11 so he did not expect it. We have been over this bridge several times. I understand his rant. Bdox still thinks and always will that it was an internal government killing of American Citizens to cover something up that they (the government) did.
Paul, again you are claiming that I said something that I did NOT say.

It does not take a research project to conclude something when I have witnessed the event with my own eyes.

Look back over ALL my posts on this subject and you will see that I never drew any conclusions other than the obvious facts. Those being that three of the WTC buildings came down as a result of controlled demolitions and the other being that the "official version" of what happened and how it came about was falsified. Those two things, (most especially with regard to WTC 7,) are what I have maintained from day one. You have chosen to conclude from those points that I also: "Bdox still thinks and always will that it was an internal government killing of American Citizens to cover something up that they (the government) did." Big mistake, I never said that. However, if you choose to conclude that if the buildings were brought down by controlled demolitions that it means the govt was responsible, that is YOUR conclusion. I am still interested in knowing what really happened and who did it all.

BTW Paul, thanks a lot for the negative rep. Not everyone agrees with you which is not just cause for giving anyone neg reps.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:28 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Bruce,

Then I have misunderstood your thoughts about what happened. Now the two towers has been proven what happened, and I tend to agree with you about Building 7. There was no reason for it to happen.

Since you brought it out, big deal. I apologized to you in a PM for the negative rep. Guess I should not have done that.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
How this subject gets caustic very quickly is that there are a number of folks out there promoting a very heavy-handed "internal government conspiracy that killed thousands of innocent Americans and blamed it on the Arab nations to justify a war for control of oil". There are extremes to every avenue of thought on any number of subjects, and the truth lies somewhere between those extremes.

Sadly, I don't believe that on this side of eternity we will really ever know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, of the catastrophic events of 9/11 and what truly caused them. I do think, however, that it is always appropriate to remember and honor those who died in these horrific acts, no matter how they were caused - which is why this thread was started.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by pmasley
Bruce,

Then I have misunderstood your thoughts about what happened. Now the two towers has been proven what happened, and I tend to agree with you about Building 7. There was no reason for it to happen.

Since you brought it out, big deal. I apologized to you in a PM for the negative rep. Guess I should not have done that.
Maybe I'm missing the point here Paul. Are you saying that you agree with me about what brought down the buildings or not?

Quick Reply: Remember Today