1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

these trucks are horrible

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:17 AM
dalton1000
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these trucks are horrible

i just wanted to know if anyone felt the same. i have a f-250 cc 6.0 and until now had no problems. this morning the truck was under powered stalled twice and was turbo farting alot. i feared this happening because of all the bad press on the 6.0 and now its my turn. the truck is stock except for exhaust 24 k miles and maintained well. everyone one this site says the bad rep comes from people only talking about the problem trucks and the ones with no problems are not heard from, i think that is totaly wrong. EVERYONE i know with a 6.0 has had some type of problem with them and that should unexceptable. and it does not happen to all brand, ford is much worse. my truck was a 46k truck and it is not dependable, none of them are unless you do egr delete ,head studs, lubricant for fuel , change oil MORE OFTEN than ford recommends, change fuel filters MORE OFTEN than ford recommends, constantly getting new flashes from dealership, coolant filters (are you kidding me?!?). dodge and chevy trucks are a much better bet in my opinion and statistically, if you dont agree go to some news web sites and search ford and there warranty finance issues, no other major auto company had same issues and continued to produce sub par vehicles. ford may have a better overall vehicle than dodge and chevy but if you cant drive it what good is it.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:21 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dalton1000
EVERYONE i know with a 6.0 has had some type of problem with them

you obviously don't know many people. you'll find through a search on here that there are many more satisfied people with great running trucks than those who have problematic ones...

Old 01-18-2009, 07:33 AM
dalton1000
New User
actually i know 11 guys with the 6.0 and some are somewhat satisfied with truck but all, now including me have had major problem of one type or another and i call my unknown issue major because it left me sitting, that could have been my wife and kids. the reason you have a lot of satisfied owners is because the people with major worries about reliability have sold there trucks and no longer visit site. . . . i'm already looking for replacement it just stinks that i will probably have 2 weeks wrapped up in getting truck running again so i can trade it in. also when ABC news is talking about problems with our truck that is pretty bad

Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 AM
spence13e
More Turbo
every brand has their problems. every brand has the guy who wants to complain. if you don't like your ford, then sell it and get what you really want so you can stop coming here to do nothing but complain. i know plenty of guys with the 6.0 who have no problems, or nothing so major they are unwilling to deal with it. i fall into the latter category. sure, i've had a few problems, but nothing to the point that i've been left stranded. i enjoy my rig tremendously and it's as reliable as i could expect any vehicle to be.

and look a little harder, there's been a few of those threads about how guys like their 6.0 since i've been here.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:47 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
actually i know 11 guys with the 6.0 and some are somewhat satisfied with truck but all, now including me have had major problem of one type or another and i call my unknown issue major because it left me sitting, that could have been my wife and kids. the reason you have a lot of satisfied owners is because the people with major worries about reliability have sold there trucks and no longer visit site. . . . i'm already looking for replacement it just stinks that i will probably have 2 weeks wrapped up in getting truck running again so i can trade it in. also when ABC news is talking about problems with our truck that is pretty bad
I wouldn't call 11 people plus you "everybody". Mine has been trouble free except batteries (normal after four plus years), seat heaters replaced under warranty (no big deal), and a relay for the washer fluid pump. Nothing mechanical or powertrain related. Your 11 friends and you are only asmall percentage of the hundreds of thousands of owners. By the way, ABC news consists of liberal *********s.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:56 AM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
I think we can all agree the early 6.0's were plagued with troubles. 2003 was not a good year for the 6.0, but deep down, on a new engine, probably to be expected. Similarly the 6.4 had some problems with the job # 1 trucks/engines.

As my signature will attest, my 2003 6.0 Excursion had bad engine troubles. Not so with my 2005 F-350. I just did not care for the color and traded on my 2008.

Probably like everyone here, I always strike up a conversation with another SD owner at a fuel stop. By far the majority I have spoken to love their trucks, and honestly, the 7.3 owner's love 'em the MOST!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:14 AM
blueiron
Senior User
Sell it and move on.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 AM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I understand you are talking about the diesel here, but I just got my OASIS report on my 2001 F350 V10, in the dealer twice, a seat belt recall, and a cruise control recall. 170,000 miles still going strong, can't be all bad.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
i just wanted to know if anyone felt the same. i have a f-250 cc 6.0 and until now had no problems. this morning the truck was under powered stalled twice and was turbo farting alot. i feared this happening because of all the bad press on the 6.0 and now its my turn. the truck is stock except for exhaust 24 k miles and maintained well. everyone one this site says the bad rep comes from people only talking about the problem trucks and the ones with no problems are not heard from, i think that is totaly wrong. EVERYONE i know with a 6.0 has had some type of problem with them and that should unexceptable. and it does not happen to all brand, ford is much worse. my truck was a 46k truck and it is not dependable, none of them are unless you do egr delete ,head studs, lubricant for fuel , change oil MORE OFTEN than ford recommends, change fuel filters MORE OFTEN than ford recommends, constantly getting new flashes from dealership, coolant filters (are you kidding me?!?). dodge and chevy trucks are a much better bet in my opinion and statistically, if you dont agree go to some news web sites and search ford and there warranty finance issues, no other major auto company had same issues and continued to produce sub par vehicles. ford may have a better overall vehicle than dodge and chevy but if you cant drive it what good is it.
I added the bold in the quote. Until you had a problem you had no problems. Now it is not dependable because you had a problem. Do you know what is wrong? Am I being presumptuous in thinking that it will be covered under warranty? How many 6.0Ls' have been built? How many have problems? If you really want to bash them and get support you should go to Chevy and GMC
Duramax
Diesel Forum

Why did you buy it? Why didn't you sell it before you had a problem? Did you do any research on the engine before you bought one? How about asking if anyone here could help out with ideas as to what may be the problem.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:31 AM
redford
Received 1,609 Likes on 941 Posts
Did you just start this thread to be a troll, or are you actually asking a question?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 AM
rmosso1
Posting Guru
Norm:

I think our MODEREATOR has been off for a few hours. Let me say he has placed substantial pressure on my reproductive organs for far less demeaning commentaries!

Ford and their SD line of trucks is much like the PITTSBURGH STEELERS, a true winning combination...

Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 AM
redford
Received 1,609 Likes on 941 Posts
Rich, I don't know what your reproductive organs have to do with the OP and his rant about his 6.0L.............and maybe I don't want to know.

But yes, I think a lot of us need to step back and be a little nicer. I was attacked on another thread for doing my usual cheer leading for the 5.4L engine as an alternative to the larger engines. I don't care if you disagree with my opinion, but no one should be insulting about it.

As for this thread, all the OP seems to be doing is complaining about his truck. I don't see any question. Just a troll trying to start an argument. We don't need that.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 AM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just wanted to know if anyone felt the same. i have a f-250 cc 6.0 and until now had no problems. this morning the truck was under powered stalled twice and was turbo farting alot. i feared this happening because of all the bad press on the 6.0 and now its my turn.
I think he gets the idea WE don't feel the same, fix it, sell it and get something you think your going to be happy with. Don't cry when a SD passes you on the highway.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He posted his question in the 6.0 section:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...r-problem.html

Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 AM
ATM
New User
GM is no different, heard that there is one dealership in Alberta that has close to fourty 09's sitting on their lot waiting new for new trannies, seems that GM spec'd a trannie oil that gells at -40

Quick Reply: these trucks are horrible