1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

these trucks are horrible

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:00 PM
89stinger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2003 6.0 had a couple of problems... all covered by warranty. I wouldn't trade it for any GM or Dodge. Today its running perfect. Any brand is going to have issues. Alot of people here are first time diesel owners and I believe they expect to be able to treat them as a gasser. That won't work! A diesel requires different maintenance and driving habits. People don't understand that and then get mad when they don't act like the gas engine they just traded in. Drive what makes you happy. My 03 6.0 makes me happy! My 2 cents

Old 01-18-2009, 03:01 PM
dalton1000
New User
i wasnt trying to start trouble but now i am. first off dont take offense like i just kicked your dog , its a truck and a terrible motor at that. all that i wanted to do is tell others that the motor stinks and i wouldnt buy another ford diesel. with that said all you guys are regurjitating info you saw on previous posts. why dont you tell me not to buy an aftermarket intake because the stock one supports 500rwhp, or maybe the only tuner that is any good is a sct and tunes from matt at spartan i was giving a real situation were the 6.0 failed and you blindly defended it. go to any 6.0 tech and he will tell you that there junk ....i guess now a tech is going to come on and tell me there great right?

Old 01-18-2009, 03:02 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry you had trouble with your truck. But it's not a good idea to join a Ford enthusiast forum just for the purpose to complain. Better to join the Dodge or Chevy forums and rant over there.

Now if you want help getting through this ordeal then you came to the right place! There are some great people at this site with tons of knowledge and willing attitude to help.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:35 PM
FORDSDOWNER
Elder User
unsubscribed...

Old 01-18-2009, 03:37 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
Originally Posted by FORDSDOWNER
unsubscribed...
+1, Peace out!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Rush117
Senior User
Originally Posted by dalton1000
i wasnt trying to start trouble but now i am. first off dont take offense like i just kicked your dog , its a truck and a terrible motor at that. all that i wanted to do is tell others that the motor stinks and i wouldnt buy another ford diesel. with that said all you guys are regurjitating info you saw on previous posts. why dont you tell me not to buy an aftermarket intake because the stock one supports 500rwhp, or maybe the only tuner that is any good is a sct and tunes from matt at spartan i was giving a real situation were the 6.0 failed and you blindly defended it. go to any 6.0 tech and he will tell you that there junk ....i guess now a tech is going to come on and tell me there great right?
You might want to think twice about installing an aftermarket intake. The stock one supports somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 rwhp which is plenty. Of course anyone who knows anything about tuners knows that the SCT is the only one to buy. You might want to get your tunes from Matt over at Spartan. Hopes this advice helps you with your problem.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Milwaukee1979F150
Posting Guru
actual that motor are not Ford it Navistar make that 6.0L

I don't let that 6.0L stop me from buy ford.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
dalton1000
New User
fordsdowner is that it?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:16 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love my 6.0, wish i could afford the fixes to make them good but as of yet I can't, when I can I will.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So one problem and "thses trucks are horrible"? Wow is all I can say. I work on Duramax's every single day and let me tell you something, they give just as much troubles. My 6.0 has been trouble free, only thing Ive had done is a few injectors replaced. Had ARP studs installed but not because It needed it. If you have such a bad truck cuz it had ONE problem then go trade it on something else, that will also give you troubles. You think Dodge and GM done have troubles?? Then why do those dealerships have SERVICE DEPARTMENTS???? You remind me of some of our customers, ONE SINGLE problem with there GM and I hear "I knew I should have bought a toyota" And I tell them that if you go to the Toyota dealership I bet they have a service department just like we do....for a reason.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:13 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by WeWonIt
+1, Peace out!
+2 - unsubscribing

Old 01-18-2009, 05:37 PM
armymark
Senior User
i just wanted to know if anyone felt the same. i have a f-250 cc 6.0 and until now had no problems. this morning the truck was under powered stalled twice and was turbo farting alot. i feared this happening because of all the bad press on the 6.0 and now its my turn. the truck is stock except for exhaust 24 k miles and maintained well. everyone one this site says the bad rep comes from people only talking about the problem trucks and the ones with no problems are not heard from, i think that is totaly wrong. EVERYONE i know with a 6.0 has had some type of problem with them and that should unexceptable. and it does not happen to all brand, ford is much worse. my truck was a 46k truck and it is not dependable, none of them are unless you do egr delete ,head studs, lubricant for fuel , change oil MORE OFTEN than ford recommends, change fuel filters MORE OFTEN than ford recommends, constantly getting new flashes from dealership, coolant filters (are you kidding me?!?). dodge and chevy trucks are a much better bet in my opinion and statistically, if you dont agree go to some news web sites and search ford and there warranty finance issues, no other major auto company had same issues and continued to produce sub par vehicles. ford may have a better overall vehicle than dodge and chevy but if you cant drive it what good is it.
I like mine. You should sell yours and find something you like.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
slcdzl
Junior User
I'll be honest. When my truck has a problem, I get upset and think "this thing is so unreliable". Then, after fixing it (which everything has been minor) I step back and look at it from a different perspective and think, this has been an awesome truck, 150k miles and only minor issues? Any mechanical item is going to break, period. We get way too emotional about a breakdown. Most of my buddies have other brands of trucks and they give me crap about my Ford, but you know what, most of them have just as many problems, if not more, than me. I don't own a 6.0, mine's a 7.3, so my input may not mean much. However, give it a chance and don't be surprised when 6.0 owners get defensive when someone comes in saying their truck's engine sucks. Yours may, but not all do. Nobody likes being told their truck sucks.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
i wasnt trying to start trouble but now i am.
That is the problem is you started a post to spread bad news. If you are having problems and looking for help that is one thing, but just to start a post, or even join a forum to "Warn" the Ford truck world about a horrible piece of junk is going to get things throw at you. This comment will get this thread locked or deleted and you possibly banned.

first off dont take offense like i just kicked your dog ,
People are taking offense because you did more than kick their dog, you kicked their truck...

No one has said they are a great motor. In fact, I would be on your side if it wasn't for the stance you took to begin with. I don't care for the 6.0, I "down graded" to a 7.3. It has it's quirks too. Long time members of a forum don't take well to someone with no posts coming on here with the only apparent agenda being to spread a bad word and start a conflict.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:36 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
You just don't learn do you?

Quick Reply: these trucks are horrible