6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JIM_C
Bobby has been around other boards for quite a while - I can vouch for him, in a "virtual" sort of way
I just hope it isn't somebody stealing Bobby's identity who's showed up here! Bobby, send me some floormats if it's really you!
It's me

If there were only more time in the day I would try to be more active here also, this is a great site! After taking the promotion of Fleet Director a few years ago my online community activity has drastically been reduced. I am always around to help a fellow power stroker out in the time of need.

As far as floor mats go, send me a check and I'll send you some floor mats

Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Guess we didn't need Paul Harvey for, "The rest of the story!".

Before a person makes the decision to 'play', they have to make the commitment to be ready to pay, if and when that time comes.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 AM
counciller
Senior User
I guess it comes down to character - these engines are capable of very high power levels with tuning - much more than Ford may have envisioned. There is nothing wrong with a few mods but should Ford have to pay for you cranking the engine above its design limits? I believe the warranty should cover defects in the vehicle under normal wear and tear situations. Joe Blow has apparently run his truck above its limits and now wants Ford to pay for that damage. His dealership is unwilling to cover that and he is willing to badmouth them here if they refuse.like i said its all about character.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Kep4
Guess we didn't need Paul Harvey for, "The rest of the story!".

Before a person makes the decision to 'play', they have to make the commitment to be ready to pay, if and when that time comes.
Well Put,

Where did the OP go for the rest of this thread. I guess if there wasnt an issue with the warranty I would have a FSE come inspect it and make the dealer eat crow, judging by the charactor of Bobby Williams, he was giving us all the missing pieces and we appriciate your honesty. I really hate the people that bash dealers for denying claims on modded trucks. I am also one of the lucky ones as my dealer has over looked many things...but I dont beat my truck and has been in the shop 3 or 4 times in 3 years and 55k.

I would also like some floor mats, I cant find the embriodered Larait carpeted mats. Can you PM or email me so I can get you my Vin and you can give me a price...sorry to

Sarge

Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
soutthpaw
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting that the OP has not responded to Bobby's posts. Having previously worked on a professional basis, I know there are quite a few Firefighters in So Cal with egos so big they gotta use their garage door to get into their house.. Though there are lots of very down to earth guys too.. Have some close friends on various FD's in So Cal....
I had a friend who used to be a sales manager at sunrise ford in Sunland/tujunga... Bought mine and my sister's truck from him (12 years ago) and they were an excellent dealer. are you the same dealer or just have the same name...

Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sunrise Ford in Tujunga was torn down a few years back and it's a strip mall now!

I recall it was owned by Bob Bruncati in the 80's. I believe the two dealerships were affiliated in some way. When I bought my 94 Bronco from Sunrise in Tujunga they brought it from Sunrise in Fontana.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 338 Likes on 209 Posts
Don't question my character. I did reply to Bobby on the other site. It appears that Bobby has attempted to fill your minds with untruths about my truck. I am trying to cut and paste my other post. I'll get to it.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
It's all good. Everyone on that site is all over Bobby's crotch. I replied to his untruths. Obviously he combs the site often probably waiting for me to reply. I'm done with it anyway. The funny thing is Bobby is a SALESMAN. Director or not, he is a car salesman.

I'm not sure why some of the things he threw in there that were not even true. Interesting.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I'll save everyone the trouble of combing through it.

Are you KIDDING ME? I have heard it all now. The real Bobby Williams just reared his unprofessional head.

You are correct. I have an F250 with Banks exhaust, AFE intake that YOUR tech recommended to me in 2004 after I asked him his opinion.....only after I purchased a cold air intake that he claims will not work properly...so I bought the AFE.

In regards to the monitor. It is a chore to set this this thing up. You have to navigate through several menus to display FOUR values EGT's COOLANT, BOOST and TRANS. Then it has the option to set alerts that populate the entire screen and flash when that value is reached......like coolant getting above 212.....or EGT's getting above a set safe value.........It is time consuming and if the wrong button is pushed it starts again. WRONG AGAIN BOBBY.

I do have airbags for towing my boat and 5th wheel.....as far as heavy duty??? They are firestone airbags kit 2330 that everyone buys.

I do have 37" tires but what you probably have no idea about is, I regeared the vehicle with 4.56's personally to put me right back at towing capacity and not straining my transmission. DID YOU THINK OF THAT? Probably not.

I still have my cat installed. AGAIN INCORRECT

Interesting that you say my headgaskets are blown again???? I just looked at my R.O. NOT DOCUMENTED ANYWHERE!!!!!!! The R.O. states "visual coolant level low" which is at the proper level that the TSB says it should be at. AGAIN YOUR WRONG.

I find it interesting that your tech took the time to check for CO in the system for headgaskets when he was diagnosing a MAP sensor. I just got back from Glamis towing my 5th wheel. No coolant overflow, consumption or temps that got above 206 until the clutch engaged, with the air on. My first and only headgasket job was performed by a TECH named Sonny.

I find it very interesting about the comment I supposedly made to the service writer....lying P.O.S. if he claims I said that it had a "TUNER" last time and they overlooked it?????? I said it had the "MONITOR" Sounds to me like Donald is trying to stay out of trouble........... WRONG AGAIN!

How stupid would that make your dealership look if they indeed performed a repair on a tuned vehicle....what a contradicting statement that is.

I have to commend you Bobby. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

In regards to my firefighter friends......Last I checked you need integrity and honesty to be part of the longest, most sought after and most traditional professions on this earth......obviously there are no prerequisites to work for a car dealership.

Keep sticking your foot in your mouth, I'll be here to remind you of that.

Joe Blow

Old 01-28-2009, 08:29 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mr Blow:

I'm on that site, and I'll assure you that I am not " all over Bobby's crotch".

See you at the meeting on the 8th?

Edit: One other question: If you are right, why not let the Field Service Engineer look at the truck so that Ford can cover the damage?

Just asking......

Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Originally Posted by joe blow

Are you KIDDING ME? I have heard it all now. The real Bobby Williams just reared his unprofessional head.

You are correct. I have an F250 with Banks exhaust, AFE intake that YOUR tech recommended to me in 2004 after I asked him his opinion.....only after I purchased a cold air intake that he claims will not work properly...so I bought the AFE.

In regards to the monitor. It is a chore to set this this thing up. You have to navigate through several menus to display FOUR values EGT's COOLANT, BOOST and TRANS. Then it has the option to set alerts that populate the entire screen and flash when that value is reached......like coolant getting above 212.....or EGT's getting above a set safe value.........It is time consuming and if the wrong button is pushed it starts again. WRONG AGAIN BOBBY.

I do have airbags for towing my boat and 5th wheel.....as far as heavy duty??? They are firestone airbags kit 2330 that everyone buys.

I do have 37" tires but what you probably have no idea about is, I regeared the vehicle with 4.56's personally to put me right back at towing capacity and not straining my transmission. DID YOU THINK OF THAT? Probably not.

Interesting that you say my headgaskets are blown again???? I just looked at my R.O. NOT DOCUMENTED ANYWHERE!!!!!!! The R.O. states "visual coolant level low" which is at the proper level that the TSB says it should be at. AGAIN YOUR WRONG.

I find it interesting that your tech took the time to check for CO in the system for headgaskets when he was diagnosing a MAP sensor. I just got back from Glamis towing my 5th wheel. No coolant overflow, consumption or temps that got above 206 until the clutch engaged, with the air on. My first and only headgasket job was performed by a TECH named Sonny.

I find it very interesting about the comment I supposedly made to the service writer....lying P.O.S. if he claims I said that it had a "TUNER" last time and they overlooked it?????? I said it had the "MONITOR" Sounds to me like Donald is trying to stay out of trouble........... WRONG AGAIN!

How stupid would that make your dealership look if they indeed performed a repair on a tuned vehicle....what a contradicting statement that is.

In regards to my firefighter friends......Last I checked you need integrity and honesty to be part of the longest, most sought after and most traditional professions on this earth......obviously there are no prerequisites to work for a car dealership.

Joe Blow
Joe,

The option for you to have an FSE inspect the truck is still on the table. If you want to set this up let me know and I'll make it happen.

The RO shows "CUST STATES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AND HAS LOSS OF POWER AND WILL BLOW WHITE SMOKE". The tech even stated that there was coolant in the engine compartment.

Bobby,

Nope, I don’t have time to “kid around” with you! As far as rearing my unprofessional head, you don’t know me very well! I am just passing along info that has been provided to me.

Sounds pretty complicated, it’s amazing how Quad sells so many of them.

So would you consider them light duty? I was not saying anything negative about having them, just stating you had them. As a matter of fact, I have had them on a couple of my previous trucks.

and ??? Are you stating that having 37” tires does not affect the truck being that the truck has been re-geared? Let’s see, l could be wrong as I’m just a “salesman”, but the rotating mass of a 37” tire verse a stock tire is a bit different. So, YES, you are putting more strain on the truck compared to having stock tires/wheels on it. Towing capacity is also DECREASED as the extra weight of the 37” wheels/tires and extra weight of the lift DECREASES the GCWR. It might not be much, but it does make a difference! I’m not here trying to tell you that lifting your truck will cause blown head gaskets, but trying to show you that your statement about re-gearing your truck to gett back to stock towing capacity and not straining the truck is INCORRECT !!

Per my statement, I stated “If I recall correctly”. You got me there (post has been corrected)

Again, per the RO I looked at, it shows “"CUST STATES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AND HAS LOSS OF POWER AND WILL BLOW WHITE SMOKE". The 1st thing that is looked at on a 6.0L PSD when a hood is popped up is the degas bottle, especially if it has signs of “possible” performance modification.

Again, per what was on the RO and evidence of loss of coolant he check the coolant system pressure and it showed a loss of pressure. Glad to hear you had no coolant overflow or consumption on your way back from Glamis. Maybe it fixed itself somehow or you left the turner off that trip? Also, if your truck has the latest calibration that fan is not engaged until the temps reach 211, NOT 206. If you don’t have the latest calibration the fan will not engage until 219 degrees. You might want that monitor checked out if the fan did engage at 206.

Donald has been with Sunrise Ford quite some time and to be honest, I don’t see him lying to try and stay out of trouble. I did not ask him if that comment was made in person or over the phone. I will check tomorrow and if it was on the phone I should be able to pull up the recorded phone call.

….

….

I have ran out of time for this session therefore I have not been able to get through all your statements above. Also, after reading through all this and responding I have realized that I am wasting my time here with you and that you’re just looking for attention. I still don’t understand WHY you wouldn’t setup the appointment with the FSE and clear all this up so we can all move on. What easier way to make the dealership look bad.

Oh ya, I am also pulling my offer off the table to try and assist you and further.

So with that, good luck and farewell!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by joe blow

Joe Blow
All these mods And no chip..... Joe I fell off the potatoe truck one day but it wasn't yesterday!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Mr Blow:
I'm on that site, and I'll assure you that I am not "all over Bobby's crotch".
I am dissappointed, did you forget about last nite already (just kidding of course)

Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Originally Posted by soutthpaw
...are you the same dealer or just have the same name...
Same dealer, same owners.

Quick Reply: Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read