6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 346 Likes on 215 Posts
Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read

Hi Guys,

I previously posted a few days ago about how the dealer is trying to screw me again. Well, they did. Kinda long winded, but I'll try to paraphrase.

I have s 2004 PSD with NO TUNER....4" exhaust, AFE intake and a STANDALONE a-pillar gauge that is just that standalone (or can be used with a quadzilla module). I installed this gauge to read EGT's, trans, coolant and boost since I tow a 5th wheel and boat.

My truck had been throwing MAP senser codes for months now, with intermittent major loss of power, figured it was time to take it in. I have had a past with SUNRISE FORD (reference post "what do you guys think I should do now?") This is when they did my headgaskets and the IDIOT tech that should be shot and dragged behind a truck left my truck in shambles. Sunrise did step up to the plate and give me my deductible back and a major service, which was cool. I went back for the convenience and to give them another shot. Well they took it.

Anyway, back to the post. The day I dropped it off the service writer calls me and tells me that the "Quadzilla tuner you have will void your warranty" I explained (like I do everytime) that it is not chipped and how the monitor is standalone. Problem solved

An hour later I get another call from the service writer telling me that the tech took the vehicle out and he feels that my Quadzilla gauge is messing with the MAP sensor and fooling it into a lean schedule...I started laughing at him. I called Quadzilla, they laughed.

It was late in the day so I left it there since the tech had gone home. I got up the next day and began to research, since I knew what was about to transpire. I called the service writer back, he explains that there were new developments in my truck. Supposedly the TECH called Quadzilla. On the gauge the rectangular display is divided into 4 for the values to be read. In the middle there is a circled # (I've never noticed) that denotes what TUNING setting when used in conjunction with a Quadzilla tuner.

THEY DENIED ME WARRANTY BASED ON THAT. What the idiotic P.O.S. technician failed to ask (I called Quadzilla immediately after) is that by depressing the middle two of four buttons the number can be changed, regardless of tuner or not. I obviously must have changed the number when I was initially setting up the monitor, navigating through the menus.

I bought a MAP sensor, fixed my truck (AGAIN). I called the service writer who's name is removed and I'm pretty certain I made him feel stupid with this information. I asked him to relay the message to the tech who's name is also removed. I would have called him also if I could have.

SUNRISE FORD (Removed by Max)AN HONEST FIREFIGHTER OUT OF WARRANTY BECAUSE THE TECH WAS TOO STUPID AND UNPROFESSIONAL TO ASK A TECH HOTLINE THE CORRECT QUESTIONS TO DELIVER CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I am officially done with this dealership. I WILL BADMOUTH THIS DEALERSHIP AS LONG AS I HAVE WIND IN MY LUNGS. I HAVE 15 FRIENDS AT WORK THAT USED TO GO THERE. SINCE MY HEADGASKET INCIDENT. THEY DON'T. Those friends tell more friends etc etc. POWER OF VERBAL ADVERTISING.

Thought I'd share that with you guys. Sorry, but I tried to keep it as short as possible.

IF ANYONE FROM SUNRISE FORD READS THIS AND HAS THE B*LLS TO CALL ME, YOU GUYS HAVE MY NUMBER.

See Ya

Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 AM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts
So tell us how you really feel! That sucks that you have had to go through this. This is one of the biggest contributing factors to why the 6.0L has the reputation it does!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I'm not even mad anymore. The unfortunate thing is that I have not been in the repair game for 6 years now. I attempt to keep up my skills with repairs on my truck, the wife's car and fabrication for friends. It dumbfounds me that a dealership can be so arrogant and unprofessional as to deny warranty over an assumption that an idiotic TECHNICIAN relays to them. I understand there are operational procedures that need to be followed.

When I wrenched for 15 years, the customer came first.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
I hate to hear about your bad experience. Stories like this make me appreciate my dealer more and more every day. I'm not a tech but I do know a lot about my truck. Seems to me that if the tech had even an ounce of common sense, he'd be able to tell if there was a tune in there or not. Sounds to me like they haven't got a clue what they're doing. Also sounds like they were just trying to take you for some Benjamins. Good luck and thanks for the info. If I make it to Cali. one day, I know not to go there for any work.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should email this post (and the other one) directly to the dealership. If the tech had one oucne of an understanding he would have been able to look and see if it had been programmed.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 06silvercrew
You should email this post (and the other one) directly to the dealership. If the tech had one oucne of an understanding he would have been able to look and see if it had been programmed.
I agree...email a copy of this post to the dealership. It might help, and it certainly can't hurt.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:53 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
I hate to hear about your bad experience. Stories like this make me appreciate my dealer more and more every day.

I'm right there with you. The guys at my dealership have always been top notch and I haven't had an issue, but I'm always talking to them(even the techs in the back).

I'm sorry to hear about that, I agree this certainly didn't help the reputation of the 6.0. If nothing else you'll have wonderful techs on here to help you out with your 6.0 needs.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I'm done with the whole situation. My main concern was that on the workorder it specifically states that my vehicle was tuned and damage occured from that. I talked to the service writer and expressed my concerns about it now being "flagged" as a tuned truck and having other dealers deny warranty because of it. The service writer stated "no" for the simple fact that all Sunrise specific workorders are just that.....Sunrise specific. I don't know............do you guys?

Old 01-14-2009, 06:29 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
06silvercrew,

how do they check for programming unless there is an evident banks kit installed or stuff like that?

Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Joe, No offense but your modicon is extremely distracting.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:56 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Here is my post from my headgasket experience...

<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>I took my 04 PSD in last week for head gaskets under warranty to Sunrise Ford in Fontana Ca. The truck was completed in 1 week.

I picked up the truck at 7pm late this week. This is what I found.

-Oil/Coolant ALL OVER my front suspension. shocks, sway bar and differential
-Wiring loom left up against the turbo so it can melt within a week
-Fuel line (on left front) safety retention clip undone and ready to fall off
-Wiring (that I neatly put in split loom and secured/routed) torn apart as if stretched to reveal contents in loom
-A main harness that feeds my backup lights and the center 7 pin plug with power, which would not allow me to back up my boat (electric brakes would not disengage) so I had to use the wedge in the trailer tongue to do it. Emberrasing when you are jacknifed in the street with cars coming at you...pissed!
-oil stain on rear seat
-STOLEN IPOD charger
-Stolen chrome valve stem caps

I cleaned the vehicle, repaired all wiring and secured loose ends. The last straw was today when I found the unplugged reverse power harness. I want to know what you guys would do.

I am going to pursue this hard!!! I feel like I got raped by this dealer. What is even worse are the poor people that have no mechanical know-how, who get ***** work like this and things happen down the road that costs them more money because of IDIOTIC TECHNICIANS.

What would you guys do???????

</TD><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top height="100%">
</B>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>
Removed by MaxI should have known better, thought you guys would get a kick out of this one

Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I agree my avatar was giving me a headache.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
dc3655
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 year old daughter just looked on and asked "who's that?"

Now her favorite name is BEAVIS!! Thanks!

On a side note, You need to fight this! Gauges are not grounds for dismissing the warranty....especially a warranty that is as valuable as this one! Jump on socaps.com and start trashing the dealership as that will get attention real fast since they are supporters on there!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
......Seems to me that if the tech had even an ounce of common sense, he'd be able to tell if there was a tune in there or not. Sounds to me like they haven't got a clue what they're doing. Also sounds like they were just trying to take you for some Benjamins.....

Originally Posted by joe blow
06silvercrew,

how do they check for programming unless there is an evident banks kit installed or stuff like that?
It's as simple as hooking up an NGS and looking at numbers from certain sensors. (the MAP sensor being one)

The simplest way is to look at the over head liar, if it says a ridiculous number like 22mpg or 25mpg, theres a good chance it's chipped or programed. (buddy of mine got caught at a Dodge dealership that way)

This dealer was definately incompetant and looking to make a good chunk of change from your misfortune with your truck. I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau (or it's equivalent) and definately write Ford customer service regarding this.

If you can get documentation from Quadzilla explaining your guages and how they work, they won't have much to stand on.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Toreader Diesel,

So you think I have a chance to stick it to 'em? They literally jacked me.

I don't have an "overhead liar" I think. I am assuming you mean the standard MPG gauges from FORD?

I wantRemoved by Max to if I can. They have no problem sticking it to the customer. I am a dealerships wosrt enemy because I have a mechanical background and I will argue a point if I am right. I let this one go because of the Quadzilla gauge having a #3 setting (at the time I did not know where it came from or what it meant). Once I talked to the tech named Jaime at Quadzilla, he explained that regardless of tuned or not tuned, the numbers can be changed.....I had to use a pen to really depress the buttons....no use makes them inoperable I guess. Another reason pointing to the fact I dont have a tuner.

Quick Reply: Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read