6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:31 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 343 Likes on 213 Posts
Toreader diesel,

you think I have a chance to make something of this?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 294 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by joe blow
Toreader diesel,

you think I have a chance to make something of this?
I think you do have a chance based on the way they handled the situation. But because of the direction this is headed in, we need to take this off the Forum. I'll PM you this afternoon.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:48 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 343 Likes on 213 Posts
Not sure why it needs to be removed from the forum.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Read the new users info and you will figure it out.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
brooklyn born
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know, i like that Avatar!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 PM
SpeedJunky
Junior User
Originally Posted by joe blow
I'm not even mad anymore. The unfortunate thing is that I have not been in the repair game for 6 years now. I attempt to keep up my skills with repairs on my truck, the wife's car and fabrication for friends. It dumbfounds me that a dealership can be so arrogant and unprofessional as to deny warranty over an assumption that an idiotic TECHNICIAN relays to them. I understand there are operational procedures that need to be followed.

When I wrenched for 15 years, the customer came first.
Where do you live Joe? PM me.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Okay, after speaking with the techs who looked at this truck, I have a little more info to pass on. J

First off, Sunrise Ford replaced head gaskets, EGR cooler and oil cooler on this truck 10k miles ago. As Joe stated there was an issue at that time also, which in order to make him happy we took care of his deductible and gave him a major service at no charge. This was probably a mistake on Sunrise Ford’s part as it seems he trying to publicly insult Sunrise Ford again verse taking the matter up between himself and the service manager. I guess some like to try and take the easy way out, kinda like buying an F250 when an F350 is really needed for the application. Joe’s truck is an F250 lifted with 37" tires, heavy duty air bags and a 24k 5th wheel hitch if I recall correctly. It does indeed have an aftermarket exhaust system, aftermarket intake system and if I recall correctly the CAT was even removed. It has the Quadzilla A-Pillar monitor and was left in power level 3 when the performance module was unplugged. According to the tech, who spoke with Quadzilla, he was told that the power module was indeed connected to the system as the monitors are shipped out locked in level 0. The BS about accidently hitting the middle 2 buttons while setting up the monitor is downright crazy! I can see it jump from level 0 to 1 or MAYBE even doing it twice and getting to level 2, but come on 3 times?

Oh ya, what about the comment made to the service advisor: "What's the big deal, you guys didn't say anything about the chip being in the truck on my last visit".

What Joe Blow forgot to mention is that this truck also has blown head gaskets AGAIN. The reason why Mike & Matt contacted Quadzilla prior to going forward with doing head gaskets again was due to covering their butts prior to tearing the engine down, in which more than likely will prove that a power enhancement device was used by the burn pattern on the pistons. As most know, head gaskets repairs require prior approval from Ford now and if by chance one of the Ford Field Service Engineers would have seen the truck while it was torn down we would have been in major trouble. Being this was the second head gasket repair under warranty, which is not common, especially on a “stock” truck, the chances of an FSE inspection would have been 100%. Mike and Matt have both done hundreds of head gasket replacements and are 2 of the top diesel techs in the country. Their CSI scores for return unresolved repair is very low, like close to zero! Just to make it clear, Mike & Matt were NOT the techs that worked on this truck prior.

I would like to also add that I have yet seen a truck come back that Mike or Matt has done head gaskets on needing head gaskets replaced again! Original head gasket concerns are normally fixed with replacement one time due to an upgraded gasket, bolts and torque sequence Ford has came up with. The torque spec and sequence is different than that at the factory when the engines are assembled and gaskets have been upgraded.

With this stated I am expecting Joe Blow to reply here with an apology or I will pass the info on to the powers to be to make a permanent notation with Ford that his truck has been modified with a power enhancement device.

P.S. – If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at my direct line (909) 822-4404

P.S. – Oh ya, if your other firefighter buddies are anything like yourself I would like to personally thank you for keeping them out of the #1 volume Ford dealer service department in San Bernardino and Riverside counties

Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Who exactly are you Bobby?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Originally Posted by brickie
Who exactly are you Bobby?
Bobby Williams
Director of Fleet Sales

Sunrise Ford
16005 Valley Blvd
Fontana, Ca 92335

(909) 822-4404 Direct Office
(951) 538-2507 Cell Phone
(909) 434-0543 Fax Phone

Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM
brickie
Cargo Master
Thanks for sharing your side of this story Bobby,it makes this picture much more complete.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 294 Likes on 153 Posts
Wow.......

Had I known any of what Bobby said, I would've never bothered with Joe Blow. Bobby, please accept my apologies....

Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Bobby Williams
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Wow.......

Had I known any of what Bobby said, I would've never bothered with Joe Blow. Bobby, please accept my apologies....
No problem, thanks though.

Joe has made some defending posts in response to my post here over on the SoCAPS site and per an eMail I sent him the offer to have an FSE come out and inspect the truck is still on the table. He has stated that he only has a couple more months of warranty left so he is going to drop it. That is crazy! I would be all over having an FSE look over the truck and fight to the end if I knew I was in the right! If Ford signs off on the repair then by all means we'll get it handled. With times as tough as they are right now Ford is getting real tough on warranty repairs and we gotta make sure we cover our butts, especially on major repairs!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 AM
dzdiggin'dude
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
It was mentioned here that different type of bolts and gaskets are used when head gaskets are changed, would adding a chip be a problem now?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dzdiggin'dude
It was mentioned here that different type of bolts and gaskets
To my knowledge it was just the gaskets that were changed. I don't think that there was anything changed to the bolts or even number of bolts.

Originally Posted by dzdiggin'dude
are used when head gaskets are changed, would adding a chip be a problem now?

Stock gaskets were never an issue to my knowledge, it was the bolts and number of bolts(or lack thereof) that is the main issue. I'm using stock gaskets before they changed over to the new ones and I'm running more then a chip and I haven't had any issues with the install having been done correctly.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 AM
JIM_C
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bobby Williams
Bobby Williams
Director of Fleet Sales

Sunrise Ford
16005 Valley Blvd
Fontana, Ca 92335

(909) 822-4404 Direct Office
(951) 538-2507 Cell Phone
(909) 434-0543 Fax Phone

Bobby has been around other boards for quite a while - I can vouch for him, in a "virtual" sort of way
I just hope it isn't somebody stealing Bobby's identity who's showed up here! Bobby, send me some floormats if it's really you!

Quick Reply: Sunrise Ford In Fontana Did It Again....read