2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Edge installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:03 AM
motorwerks
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XolieX
i'm pretty much sold on this! i will program it and will immediately pull the guage and put it into the glove box. however i'm going to run it with my dealer installed gibson exhaust and run it with a stock air intake system since no f150 CAI are carb'ed approved yet.

how easy is it to get me rolling? the tech at edge says it only takes 30 seconds to erase the program from factory and then install the new program.

do i have to download the programs first? some idea before i purchase would be cool.
Well you dont exactly erase it. You really store it in the Edge and then reflash it. Took me about a half hour the first time because I had to load some software, so it all depends on the production date of your truck and the tuner. If you are really worried about a CAI being CARB legal look at K&N I just got off of there web site and the 77 series is legal "CARB EO Number: D-269-29". On another note. I have an Airaid MIT intake on my California truck, it takes about 10 minutes to install and there is only 1 bolt that holds it in place and since it just happens to be in the EXACT same place as the stock intake hold down bolt the stock intake will go back on in about the same time. But to be honest I think if you pulled the badge off of it painted the tops of the screw black you would be able to pass it off as stock. Cool part is that you can buy it with or with out filter.

Looks like this

I am running a drop in K&N with it, it was a little over a$100.00 picked up from summit in Reno since i was up there anyhow, and it seems to help a little. I know its WAY better then stock.

Hell I think you said you lived in Sacramento too. If thats the case you are more then welcome to swing by some time and check it all out. I'm up in Roseville off of 65 and Pleasant Grove I may even pull the intake off and let you try it on your truck. If going for a ride in mine just isn't enough.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 PM
XolieX
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by motorwerks
Well you dont exactly erase it. You really store it in the Edge and then reflash it. Took me about a half hour the first time because I had to load some software, so it all depends on the production date of your truck and the tuner. If you are really worried about a CAI being CARB legal look at K&N I just got off of there web site and the 77 series is legal "CARB EO Number: D-269-29". On another note. I have an Airaid MIT intake on my California truck, it takes about 10 minutes to install and there is only 1 bolt that holds it in place and since it just happens to be in the EXACT same place as the stock intake hold down bolt the stock intake will go back on in about the same time. But to be honest I think if you pulled the badge off of it painted the tops of the screw black you would be able to pass it off as stock. Cool part is that you can buy it with or with out filter.

Looks like this

I am running a drop in K&N with it, it was a little over a$100.00 picked up from summit in Reno since i was up there anyhow, and it seems to help a little. I know its WAY better then stock.

Hell I think you said you lived in Sacramento too. If thats the case you are more then welcome to swing by some time and check it all out. I'm up in Roseville off of 65 and Pleasant Grove I may even pull the intake off and let you try it on your truck. If going for a ride in mine just isn't enough.

i'm going to pass on the KN filter because they do mess with MAF sensors and when i put them on my sport trac, it made a good difference on the highway two diff times and then i got worse gas mileage with it on. so i won't use a KN filter anymore.

and by theway, i'm actually in yuba city/ marysville / linda area. i'm not far at all from you. i go to roseville sometimes and go shopping! we're almost neighbors.