Sponsored by:

100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:01 AM
6686L
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CommercialNuke
. . . Look. If what you are proposing was workable, . . . . . This idea has been batted around and found to be unworkable over and over for years......

WRONG ! I DISAGREE COMPLETELY.

The "hydrogen generator" is VERY workable ! I personally operated one in Mr. Burliegh's physics class at Hollywood High School, Los Angeles, California, over FIFTY YEARS ago, and can ASSURE you that you can REALLY make one HELL of a "bang", making the girls jump out of their seats for several class-rooms around. I believe I performed a valuable and desired social service by doing so, as few things are more important to us males than watching pretty girls with nice breasts in low cut summer dresses jump around....

. . . . . . . The fact that you think you are fooling anybody on this site was humorous, but now it is just irritating. . . . . .".
WRONG AGAIN ! I DISAGREE WITH THAT PORTION OF YOUR POST TOO. IT IS NOT 'HUMOROUS' THAT A COUPLE OF PEOPLE IN HERE MAY HAVE TAKEN YOU SERIOUSLY - IT IS DOWNRIGHT SCARY THAT EVEN A FEW GUYS ESCAPED EVEN A RUDIMENTRY HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL SCIENTIFIC EDUCATION. SADLY, STATISTICS SHOW THAT OUR HIGH SCHOOL 'GRADUATES' THESE DAYS FALL BELOW EVEN SOME THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES IN THEIR INCOMPETENCE IN EVEN THE BASICS OF MATHMATICS AND TECHNICAL MATTERS. WE ARE NOW WAY BEHIND THE ADVANCED NATIONS, AND FALLING FAST .

SO, NO, THIS ISNT FUNNY AT ALL, AND GOES WAY BEYOND 'IRRITATING'.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:29 AM
CommercialNuke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am referring to the hydrogen generator increasing the fuel economy of a vehicle when I say that it won't work. If you were to read my earlier posts on this thread, you would know that I am familiar with electrolytic decomposition. I'm sure that everyone else reading this understood what I meant, but your focus is so rivited to validating for yourself that you are smarter than everyone else, that you miss the obvious.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 AM
6686L
Elder User
Talking

Originally Posted by CommercialNuke
I am referring to the hydrogen generator increasing the fuel economy ............. your focus is so rivited to validating for yourself that you are smarter than everyone else, that you miss the obvious.
= = = = = = = = =

It's about time you recognized I am smarter than everyone else. I am also INCREDIBLY charming, rich, good looking, and sweet- dispositioned.....

Now..who wants to buy stock in my idea of a horny squirrel in a cage to run the generator that will produce the electrical energy to run that hydrogen generator.... just tear off the top of your mother-in-law, and send it in with twenty five cents...and I will fix you up.....!

Old 07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
Not a scammer.....

As I have said before I am not a scammer. I'm not selling HAFC's. The only reason I even started visiting this topic was because it was interesting. I have never made a false claim, in fact the only thing that I did do was tell everyone on here that if it did work for me that I would share that. Seems like I remember saying something about how much I love my Excursion and how many others on here were probably feeling the same way. I am just looking for something that helps get better mileage period. Because I for one pay alot for gas, but I can't really afford it if I am honest with myself. Where everyone thinks that I am using multiple emails, and trying to scam everyone on here is beyond me. Have I asked anyone to buy anything? I don't recall that at all. The guy who said putting tacks on the accelerator is probably the most right out of everyone. I guess in short what I am saying is if someone else figured out how to get better mileage beyond the normal driving tips, I would want them to share it. Would you? Or would you rather just keep spending all of your cash on fuel? So unless I find that it works for me and feel that I should share the info I guess I won't even post on this topic. I am not sure what got you thinking that I am a scammer because new user is not synonomous with liar. I have not lied and will not. I didn't come on here trying to get anyone's approval and I didn't come trying to sell things. If I wanted to stay in the retail business I would have, but I'm no salesman. It is amazing to me how easy it is to come on here and be labeled by people that I have never even met. One other thing, if I am the one challenging the intelligence of this site, then why are others calling me names? Wouldn't I be the one doing the name calling?

Take care,

Matt

Old 07-07-2008, 09:59 AM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been following this thread for quite some time and the bottom line is that you, Matt, are dealing with a bunch of hard-headed men who don't take kindly to possible change. As a matter of fact, you are dealing with an entire country that hates change. Suggesting this water solution to mileage gains is like trying to tell some people about God. Millions of reason why they shouldn't believe and billions of reasons why it's impossible. All based on emotional arguments and ignoring cold hard facts.

Now, before everyone here flips out (even more) about the word I just used, "facts", let me remind everyone that Matt is here offering a test of the suspect product on this particular subject of hydrogen. I am not going to ever understand enough in chemistry to explain how or why it will or won't work. But I am interested, none-the-less. That is EXACTLY what this site is for. (look, I can use bold too)

You, Matt, are presenting all of us with a dubious product reminiscent of 100 mpg carbs and fantastic little tornado-inducing intake devices.

Some of the posters on this thread need to get off of their emotional soapbox and let Matt talk. If you don't like it, which you have so readily voiced, then discontinue your thread subsription. If you will take some time and explore, you may just find the button to shut off notification. Here we are in a day and age where george carlin can be celebrated for that famous quote about not liking the radio station then you should change the stupid station and yet you all are pouncing on this guy like he's your personal punching bag.

You are worried about him persuading gullible people to spend money on a doubtful product. Fine. You have certainly, and irrefutably, gotten that point across. Sadly, in the process, you have shown ANY and ALL newcomers that there are people on this site who are complete JERKS with no desire to explore any possibilities new to the automotive scene.

Right, fine, this has been tried 50 yrs ago. Or maybe it hasn't. I don't even know or care. I'm not going to do it myself but I would love to hear about other people being man enough to try it and post their results. That's exactly what Matt is doing.

My point? I'm just dissapointed in many of you and if I was as emotional as some of the "men" on this site I would figure out a way to file a complaint about the jerks making this site look bad. If you want to debunk something then post the evidence.

Matt hasn't given any visual proof for the positive, but neither has anyone else for the negative.

Youtube would present an excellent field of battle for the evidence to be published.

(After a brief search I came up with a multitude of proofs positive for this product.) I also came up with some guys with the only intent of debunking it and they haven't... yet. I actually just subscribed to this one.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 AM
6686L
Elder User
i dont think any of us would want to silence this clown. everyone should have a right - this is a free country, to sound as corrupt, as arrogantly ignorant of basic physics, and as silly as their needs dictate them to be !

I sure as hell wouldnt want anyone trying to silence me just because I am offering a bargin today - half off if you pay in cash for two.....(you get TWO horny squirrels in TWO separate cages driving TWO seperate generators, so you will get TWICE as much hydrogen....)

Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 PM
igotoneforya
Elder User
Well said, Dan.

6686-go play with your squirrels.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Paul T
More Turbo
Originally Posted by igotoneforya
Well said, Dan.

6686-go play with your squirrels.
I double that Dan. Could not have said it better myself. The path to new discoveries in technology is usually paved with alot of mistakes. That is how we learn. Closed mindedness does not get you anywhere.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1]</SUP> or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

6686L - you are treading very close to this definition on most of your recent posts.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 PM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
6686L, if you really don't believe any of this then why aren't you over in the pre-powerstroke section offering your squirrels? I'm sure they would be more then willing to look into that for you.

I'm only on page 9 but it sounds like they could use help.

Honest. They are a wonderful bunch of guys over there and they are always open to new and better ideas.

Oops, kind of caught you off guard with that one, didn't I? There are some old timers in there that know more then you do and yet there they are, testing this out. In fact, some of them actually seem to believe it might work.

But who am I to argue with someone on their opinions, or did you actually try this for yourself?

Say what you will, but realize you are no longer in the majority and that there is proof enough to encourage others to try it as well.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 PM
6686L
Elder User
Originally Posted by Paul T
........ The path to new discoveries in technology is usually paved with alot of mistakes. That is how we learn. Closed mindedness does not get you anywhere.......

An Internet troll, ............

6686L - you are treading very close to this definition on most of your recent posts.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
I agree - human nature is avoiding the new, resisting change. Quite true.

Only problem with these "hydrogen generator" clowns is that it is not exactly a "new discovery". I know this was a proven and common thing to do in basic physics classes in high school back to the turn of the last century - probably goes back into the late 1800's.

And yes, I do understand - your definition of "troll" makes sense; is someone who disagrees with these crack-pot schemes.

Of COURSE you suggest that they silence anyone who disagrees with you. If I were in the position of trying to palm off some 150 year old class basic high school experiment, to the un-educated, as "wonderful new technology", I'd want the "doubters" silenced too!

As others have pointed out, nothing new in trying to palm off silly stuff as marvelous and new, "halted only by the sinister conspiritorial doubters".... how many are you are old enough to remember the old POPULAR SCIENCE and MECHANIX ILLUSTRATED magazines, and the little ads in the back section for the "200 mpg carbuerator", and the "cow magnets" on fuel lines to improve mileage.....!

No matter how many times you wise-guys repeat this lie that we are somehow "resisting new technology" wont change the basic fact that this "hydrogen generator" crap is OLD news. VERY old news.

No matter how many times you wise-guys repeat this lie that we are somehow "resisiting new technology", wont change the basic fact that of COURSE you can get marginal increases by helping the fuel burn more efficiently.

I suppose it is only a matter of time before one or more of you guys is going to come up with some "incredible new idea" of water injection......

Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Paul T
More Turbo
O.K. 6686L, yes I remember those old Popular Science ads. We more than understand your position on this subject and you have every right to your opinion. Name calling is not necessary (clowns, wise guys, etc.) though. Now, you have made your point loud and clear. We totally understand, so go away!!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
HTRf150
Freshman User
Sorry to dissappoint, I bought one. It really works. As a matter of fact I'm getting 28mpg on my 95 F150 5.8L. I was right there with you guys. Then I read some information about Stan Mayer who first developed the concept. That got me thinking. So now that I know it works, I'm going to continue to fine tune until I reach the 33 mpg I've see others get with the same year and model truck. Hmmmm.... I laugh at those guys filling up there tanks at 400 miles (2 @ 16 gal) and I'm filling up about every 1000 miles. I too used to get 12.8 mpg HWY and 11.6 HWY with my trailer. Couldn't afford all that jazz. I'm glad I found this HAFC. I'm not selling these at all by the way, so don't ask. I can tell you the name of the dealer I bought mine from. The guy also trains techs on how to install the HAFC, so I have faith in his abilities to answer my tech questions.

I look at it this way, I spend $600 in gas a month, if I save 1/2 the fuel (25.6 mpg) then the $1000 I spent on the kit will be paid off in 3 months or so. And on the 4th month, I'll only spend $300 on fuel. Had I not bought the kit, I would just continue to spend $600 in fuel per month. I'm spending the money anyways, might as well make a wise investment and save in the long run.

And lastly, it feels so good to finally stick it to the fuel stations that stick it to us... I only wish I could make my own Gasoline.... Oh, one can dream.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by HTRf150
Sorry to dissappoint, I bought one. It really works. As a matter of fact I'm getting 28mpg on my 95 F150 5.8L. I was right there with you guys. Then I read some information about Stan Mayer who first developed the concept. That got me thinking. So now that I know it works, I'm going to continue to fine tune until I reach the 33 mpg I've see others get with the same year and model truck. Hmmmm.... I laugh at those guys filling up there tanks at 400 miles (2 @ 16 gal) and I'm filling up about every 1000 miles. I too used to get 12.8 mpg HWY and 11.6 HWY with my trailer. Couldn't afford all that jazz. I'm glad I found this HAFC. I'm not selling these at all by the way, so don't ask. I can tell you the name of the dealer I bought mine from. The guy also trains techs on how to install the HAFC, so I have faith in his abilities to answer my tech questions.

I look at it this way, I spend $600 in gas a month, if I save 1/2 the fuel (25.6 mpg) then the $1000 I spent on the kit will be paid off in 3 months or so. And on the 4th month, I'll only spend $300 on fuel. Had I not bought the kit, I would just continue to spend $600 in fuel per month. I'm spending the money anyways, might as well make a wise investment and save in the long run.

And lastly, it feels so good to finally stick it to the fuel stations that stick it to us... I only wish I could make my own Gasoline.... Oh, one can dream.
Oh hey, look, first post on the forums and it's backing up one of these snake oil schemes.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
HTRf150
Freshman User
Hey, did you know that Ford is backing this one..... bet you feel like a dumb a$$? Oh and they are looking closely at the PICC????? Maybe it's just a rumor?

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but if the information I got is true......

Hey, 6686L, care to make a wager? I'll wage the cost of my fuel cell ($1066) that Ford announces an affiliation with Dutchman (the maker of the Fuel Cell and PICC) with in the year? I'm talking cash money, not trading fuel cells ( I wouldn't give it up for $3000).

Your invited to put your money where your mouth is too Fosters.

Last edited by HTRf150; 09-17-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: missed one user
Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 PM
igotoneforya
Elder User
a fool and his money are soon parted....

Quick Reply: 100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?