100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible? - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Old 02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
71convertible
Freshman User
71convertible is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah, I picked up on that 4 post thing real fast. And I always like the... my brothers ex-wife's, sisters' roommates grandpa, says its true.

If your gonig to talk the talk then walk the walk. Don't give me some crap about I'm going to do it later, I've researched and its true, my cousins got one and its magnificant...... Tell me you've got one and you'll let anybody inspect it anytime anywhere. Tell me you've got a hundred bucks for me if it doesn't perform as advertised on your truck. I'll understand "Your mileage may vary...", but if your at 5% and claiming 50%, don't come on the board yapping how great your product is, go scam someone else.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:16 AM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
SilverBullet05X is starting off with a positive reputation.
I guess that I should have seen that last post coming.

I had previously never subscribed, but I have been reading on these forums since I bought my X, I think that was june 07' anyways I understand the skepticism and I have been no different because my grandpa had been talking about this for a long time before it was introduced to the market. He tells me that the dealer that you buy from is responsible for refunding your money. In my case that would be him. He doesn't have knowledge of wether a v10 has been done. So I don't know if mine will be the first. It may not work, all I do know is that the other ford V8's for example take to it really well. Time will tell and I will not make any false claims. As most of you I love our excursion, but being of middle class wages....if there is such a thing anymore I can't afford to match the payment with gas expenditures anymore. To me $1000 a month for a vehicle just doesn't make sense. If this doesn't help it, I will strongly consider selling it. I hate to think of it because it is the only reason that my wife and I would sell it. As for the original 100mpg part I don't know about that, but if I can get 50% of an increase then that is good enough to make it worthwile. We will see what happens. Thanks for reading.

Matt

p.s. I will try and find some pics of the X. I thought I had some off of my phone on the computer but couldn't find them.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:26 AM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
I just thought of something and maybe I am being taken the wrong way. Since I know that most everyone on this post has a v10, and I don't know for sure how it is going to work on mine I don't want anyone to even consider it until I have guinea pigged mine. I don't like the thought of wasting money either believe me in the old days you would be hard pressed to get me to spend money on most anything!!! I will let everyone know exactly what it gets and it won't be a "bullcrap" claim. And when it's done I will share it with you guys if you want to come see it or whatever, pics and so forth. So if you are looking out for scammers, I am not your guy. I'm just trying to save a buck like everyone else on here. The only info that I can say for sure is that the install should be fairly easy for me to do except for the part that goes into the fuel rail, because I have seen the kit and the parts are small and look easy to mount, for instance the fuel cell is going to fit I think perfect on my autometer tach mount. I don't want to tune since there is a local dyno I think that is the route to go instead of trying to tune it myself.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:26 PM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
to all who wanted to see my X

it's on a new post in the excursion forum.....

matt

Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 PM
abrender
New User
abrender is starting off with a positive reputation.
I noticed the thread stalled for a day or two but I do have a question if anybody is still watching it. Is it not against FEDERAL LAW to tamper or remove a catalytic converter? Maybe I am mising something.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:14 AM
SZMatters
Freshman User
SZMatters is starting off with a positive reputation.
You're correct that mods to an EPA mandated emission control system are not legal. In most cases, you will not pass an emissions check (if your state has one) and the owner will not be able to renew the vehicle's registration. Repair shops are legally bound from working on a vehicle that has been modified - although I'm sure this is widely ignored...

The real question here is "Will the mod work?" And the answer is NO! You just can't violate the laws of physics. It's a great scam just like the stuff we saw in the '70's during the last furor over gas prices.

Steve

Originally Posted by abrender
I noticed the thread stalled for a day or two but I do have a question if anybody is still watching it. Is it not against FEDERAL LAW to tamper or remove a catalytic converter? Maybe I am mising something.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 AM
rfmeyer
New User
rfmeyer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am new to this forum, I am wondering if anyone has emailed this guy to see if he did the install. I am very skeptical......

I tried to email him but I can't becuse of being a new member, someone should take the opportunity to update the thread

RM

Old 03-15-2008, 07:30 PM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
Smile haven't been online much.....

working alot of overtime these days and not much play time. I haven't got the kit yet, so of course I cannot install yet....as soon as I get it I intend to put it on, and then have it dyno tuned asap. That of course will be subject to the man who runs the dyno's schedule. I will keep this forum posted. My email is [email protected]. thanks for writing,

Matt

Old 03-19-2008, 01:29 AM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
LOL, check out what I found on the Motortrend.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
foxhound
New User
foxhound is starting off with a positive reputation.
The following is from Jeff Otto's site, a dealer for the HAFC -

JeffOtto.com LTD's challenge to any of these so-called critics:
Put your money where your mouth is! $5,000 cash to be exact and we will do the same.

They provide a suitable shop at their chosen continental US location and we will provide a vehicle to be modified (a scientific before & after mileage check will be performed both before and after).
We will announce the date and location to give anyone that would like to witness the event adequate prior notice and it will be video taped.
They are also welcome to announce the event and have any of their experts present to test/examine the pre & post HAFC equipped vehicle.
If their experts can find anything bogus like a false tank, or whatever, they can announce that to the world as they see fit.
When they do discover the technology works exactly as we claim, they can then repent by issuing a public apology and remove any negative comments they have posted anywhere.
Obviously the winner will keep the losers $5,000!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
ROFL, spamming the forums now!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:46 PM
foxhound
New User
foxhound is starting off with a positive reputation.
No, not spamming, I have no vested interest, just an open mind.
I am interested in whether this works or not, I'm not sure one way or the other yet.
It must be nice to have such powerful convictions though. Say, after you've recovered from ROFL why don't you take him up on his challenge- or maybe you don't need the money?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM
SilverBullet05X
Junior User
just so everybody doesn't....

just in case anyone thinks I fell off the face of the earth, I didn't. I have been working alot and no time for reading and posting. I am still waiting to hear from them....

Old 04-08-2008, 09:24 PM
igotoneforya
Elder User
igotoneforya is starting off with a positive reputation.
if you can't get it in a few weeks, we would never get it!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
srauner
Senior User
srauner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Since this has been brought back to the top, and I have little to do this evening, here are my thoughts.

If you bother to check out any of the web sites advanced in support of this crap, you will notice they all read pretty much the same. In addition to the bat-shiite crazy science, they rely heavily on conspiracy theory, anonymous testimonials and just enough truth and fact to make it sound plausible to the simple-minded.

Classic. Scam.

For fun (??) I spent a few minutes scanning the Jeff Otto site and came across a picture of a display board outlining the PICC process. At Step 4 was this:
A Thermal Exchange, along with magnetic and electrical forces are created using pressure, temperature and volumes to break down the molecular fuel into elements in plasma form.
WTF?? This reads like it was written by someone for whom English isn't even a second language.

Anyway, I spent a few more minutes googling various terms from his site, and lo and behold!, I found numerous sites with the same basic tripe, threads in many automotive forums extolling the virtues of this thing, testimonials from people who know someone who has a friend who's mother/father/main squeeze/dead cousin/dog/cat/crabs has one and is getting 137 mpg!!!, don't be a h8tr, open your mind!!!!!!! and even a link to Ron Paul and the Paulian flea circus. No doubt many of these people are 9/11 troofers as well.

Ugh - I had to take a shower.

100 MPG Excursion? My lie-o-meter showed 99 MPG as I coasted down into Silverthorne from the Eisenhower tunnel the other day, so maybe there is something here after all.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 100 MPG Excursion. Is this possible?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.