6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

SCT Regen delete tune / program

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:12 AM
stangpartsman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SCT Regen delete tune / program

Has anyone gotten ahold of a tuner yet that will delete the regen process? Tired of it already and have onlythree thousand miles on her.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 AM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
I've been talking with Innovative Diesel and they should be coming out with a custom tune for the SCT LiveWire very soon. They just need to finish up with some testing.

There is a company called KEM Performance that have realesed a custom tune for the SuperChips FlashPaq that will allow you to remove the DPF, but I'd prefer to wait a little longer for the LiveWire tunes. Just a much better product inmy opinion. Besides the guy at KEM is not willing to give much information on how the tune and delete pipe works, not the kind of company I want to do business with.

Stick with SCT, customer service is better and just a better performing pruduct overall.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
PSD6litre40
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SouthTexasDiesel
I've been talking with Innovative Diesel and they should be coming out with a custom tune for the SCT LiveWire very soon. They just need to finish up with some testing.

There is a company called KEM Performance that have realesed a custom tune for the SuperChips FlashPaq that will allow you to remove the DPF, but I'd prefer to wait a little longer for the LiveWire tunes. Just a much better product inmy opinion. Besides the guy at KEM is not willing to give much information on how the tune and delete pipe works, not the kind of company I want to do business with.

Stick with SCT, customer service is better and just a better performing pruduct overall.
Yea! WHAT HE SAID!!! WOOT WOOT!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:12 PM
john boschma
New User
gettting rid of the regen is not very recommended. but do what you gotta do. my truck went into regen 5 times before it hit 3000 miles, thats when i put my SCT extreme livewire tuner on, and i haven't had but one regen since . it now has 5000 miles on it and my gas mileage has increased better power the whole works.
i tried the regen removal already and did the dpf delete, and on the dyno it lost ppower over having the suff on. so i went back to the dpf, with my extreme tuner and 5" catback exhaust and i'm happy as a lark.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:16 AM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
^^^Weird^^^

Never heard of a truck making more power with a restrictive muffler

Cowboy Steve

Old 10-06-2007, 12:45 AM
john boschma
New User
well we couldn't get the tune to work well enough without the exhaust to make it worth while to keep it off. and i've seen a ton of trucks and racecars make more power with the right exhaust system versus an open one.
been doing this along time.
actually i gained more peak power without the dpf but i lost a ton of lowend. to me ,when you have an 8000 pound truck you're trying to get moving you better have a little lowend to tug it with.
and if you think for second that the bigger the exhuast and the more free flowing it is the better it is, you'd be very wrong.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:03 PM
cHiLi 11
Senior User
Originally Posted by john boschma
gettting rid of the regen is not very recommended. but do what you gotta do. my truck went into regen 5 times before it hit 3000 miles, thats when i put my SCT extreme livewire tuner on, and i haven't had but one regen since . it now has 5000 miles on it and my gas mileage has increased better power the whole works.
i tried the regen removal already and did the dpf delete, and on the dyno it lost ppower over having the suff on. so i went back to the dpf, with my extreme tuner and 5" catback exhaust and i'm happy as a lark.
For the new guy <------- when you say you did a 5" CB exhaust whats that exactly refering to? I did the muffler delete with after the last filter with 4" pipe and a 5" tip. Is that what you did? Also, did you increase any sound from the the truck. I have had my exhaust done for 3k miles and dont really feel or hear any diffrence.

Nick

Old 10-06-2007, 10:51 PM
john boschma
New User
Originally Posted by cHiLi 11
For the new guy <------- when you say you did a 5" CB exhaust whats that exactly refering to? I did the muffler delete with after the last filter with 4" pipe and a 5" tip. Is that what you did? Also, did you increase any sound from the the truck. I have had my exhaust done for 3k miles and dont really feel or hear any diffrence.

Nick
yes it's from the dpf back and it is a 5" in exhaust with 6" tip. no i didn't gain one ounc of sound difference, but it was a very slight gain of power on the dyno.
basically spending money on the exhaust dpf back system is virtually a waste of money other then it definately looks better then stock.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:28 PM
TwinTurboFX4
New User
DPF Delete

Has anyone ran into any warranty issues with a tuner or DPF delete?

Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by TwinTurboFX4
Has anyone ran into any warranty issues with a tuner or DPF delete?
Welcome to FTE TwinTurboFX4
I am sure that the technician and the owner would have quite a conversation if you brought the truck in delete DPF and mods.....

Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 PM
john boschma
New User
yeah if you;re concerned about warranty i wouldn't delete the dpf.and any mods should be easily reversible.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM
fordfish
Senior User
can the trucks computer log the SCT or any other power adder? the manual says it will detect any such thing, and that leads to trouble with warranty. i know I put an adjustable power adder and it tweeked the fuel pump on my 7.3, I'm sure the cpu's smarter in the new trucks...

Old 10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
john boschma
New User
according to SCT they went through every venue on the new computer and logging data and couldn't find anything would could detect that a tuner had ever been installed. but the doesn't mean anything, I'm sure FORD is smarter then any of the aftermarket companies.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:00 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by fordfish
can the trucks computer log the SCT or any other power adder? the manual says it will detect any such thing, and that leads to trouble with warranty. i know I put an adjustable power adder and it tweeked the fuel pump on my 7.3, I'm sure the cpu's smarter in the new trucks...
i know the computer has a code: non factory programing or somthing along those lines, i dont know if you can clear it or dectect it with the sct programmer