Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dumb Questions DP Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Flywest
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dumb Questions DP Tuner

OK, I just filled out the online order form from DP Tuner, and there were questions I didn't understand!

When you select the propane injection box, it asks for HP Shot .
What does that mean?

When you select your Order Information....How do you know if you need a Customer supplied PCM (Whats PCM mean?) or DP Supplied PCM?

How do you know if you need PCM Stock Flash or PCM Performance Flash? (Whats a flash?) - last time I heard of it - it involved wearing no underpants and a army great coat at night and surprising the ladies!!

Whats Xcal2, F5 Chip, & Position boxes mean?

Whats the position 0 Box mean?...

Man I read their website and non of this stuff makes any sense...

I submitted the form - methinks someones gonna get a good laugh outta it!

Cheers!

Old 12-17-2006, 03:27 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is the xcal2 http://www.dp-tuner.com/SCT.htmhp shot for propane is for some of these guy's that are running propane..just leave it blank unless you have propane..
pcm is you computer...if you are getting the tuner you can leave that blank as well..this is for a reflash on your PCM or jody can suply one for you..flash is one of his tunes burned to your pcm.only draw back is your stuck with just the one tune
F5 is his 16 position chip..i believe that is what you want.position 1 will be stock and position 0 will be too. but jody can make 0 a no start...

Old 12-17-2006, 06:13 AM
ponch37300
Elder User
Give Jody a call and he or his wife Dianne will answer all your questions that you have and get you set up with the exact chip you want. They have unbelievable customer service and know what they are talking about when it comes to these trucks and lots more power.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Flywest
Senior User
Honestly

Honestly - I'd love to call Jody but I'm half a world and a few time zones away - I'mnot sure he'd enjoy being woken up in the wee hours for someone from downunder with 101 dumb questions about tuners & chips etc!

Mucho easier by email!

Cheers!

Old 12-17-2006, 08:03 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
How far off is your time? Say it was noon on saturday here, what time would it be there?

Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jody is know for customer service. I bet if you emailed him and let hi, know about what time you were going to call he would be waiting for you.

Kris i think it would be close to 1AM Sunday morning. But its to early to do math

Old 12-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
How far off is your time? Say it was noon on saturday here, what time would it be there?
They are 17 hours ahead of us in the Central Time Zone, 18 hours ahead of anyone in the eastern time zone. I know this because I talk to Austalian co-workers all the time via phone or internet IM while I am at work. In fact I just took a call from there a few minutes ago (working right now).

Old 12-17-2006, 05:32 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flywest
When you select the propane injection box, it asks for HP Shot .
What does that mean?
If you're not running propane, don't worry about it. For those that are running propane, he wants to know how much HP the propane is making.

When you select your Order Information....How do you know if you need a Customer supplied PCM (Whats PCM mean?) or DP Supplied PCM?
This is only if you're having a PCM (Powertrain Control Module - it's the computer in the truck that runs pretty much everything, engine, trans, etc...) flashed (see next question) with a single tune that will run all the time. If you're ordering an F5 chip, leave this blank.

How do you know if you need PCM Stock Flash or PCM Performance Flash? (Whats a flash?)
A flash is a re-burn, or reprogram of the stock computer. Some guys want to have a PCM with a stock tune, say to put in their truck if they take it in for warranty purposes, or if they have a fried PCM and need a new one. The Performance flash is only a single burn, say 80 econo or whatever you choose; it's always on & not selectable in any way. Your PCM would always be what's flashed onto it. But, like said before, if you're getting an F5 selectable chip, leave this blank.

Whats Xcal2, F5 Chip, & Position boxes mean?
The Xcal2 is a programmer, similar to a Diablo Predator or Superchips tuner. The F5 Chip is the mult-position, selectable chip - this is what most people get from Jody, including what I have. The F5 has the small pushbutton box, with the LED position indicator on it.

Whats the position 0 Box mean?...
I would venture to say that this is the "No Start" position that can be put into the 0 position on the F5 chip. It's a theft deterrent of sorts. If you set it to the 0 position, the truck won't start, and unless you know the procedure to get it out of the 0 position it won't start. Also, if you choose to have the no start put into the 0 position, the chip will default to that no start position if you ever remove the controller switch - also an anti theft feature.

I submitted the form - methinks someones gonna get a good laugh outta it!
Chances are, you'll get either a call or email from Jody to help clear up any confusion. Customer service is one of his strong points.

I hope this helps.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:42 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I'd give you some reputation if i didn't have to spread it around.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:31 PM
YellerMax
Senior User
17 hours ahead of us in the Central Time Zone, 18 hours ahead of anyone in the eastern time zone
.........................? Check your math

Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Flywest
Senior User
Time?

OK times a tough one!

How much further ahead am I, than "where" in the USA?

You see theres different time zones downunder betwixt east & west (3 hours) just as there is in the USA?. To further complicate matters - we just started daylight saving adding yet another hour ahead!

Best I can tell from the hundred or so Floridah Kids who hang out on my web forums...I'm at the moment about 13 hours ahead of them!

I am GMT + 8 Hours usually - but with daylight saving at the moment I'm GMT + 9.

You guys might be GMT - 3 or 4 hours or so?

To give you an example I'm typing this at 11.45am Monday 18 December - and likely your time It's Sunday night sometime around 10 or 11 PM...

So If i rang Jody during the day, when I'm awake and half making sense - he'd likely be asleep (rudely awoken) and only half making sense!

Thats the beauty of Email - you can deal with it at your leisure - and I can read and re read it until it sinks thru my thick skull!

The other thing with ringing him is twofold!

1. Sattelite delay...unless your used to speaking via sattelites - the delay is a killer with often both parties speaking at the same time!

2. Ya'll talk really funny and likely we mightn't understand each other anyways!

This is why I love email......

I have a couple sattelite phones and frankly they aren't worth a **** of nanny goat poop! OK if you need rescuing maybe but otherwise useless!
I could go into 101 "examples" of why they suck, but just trust me, they do!

I'm gonna read and re read this reply about the questions for the tuner - because I need to understand it a bit more by the look - obviously I don't know as much as I thought....in fact, I'll get my company technical director to take a look at it (My 2nd son aged 17 - he sets up and builds all my computers and wireless internet, mobile phones etc coz dad's technically challenged)!

Really speaking I was born & schooled before the pocket calculator was invented! I'm a slide rule and abacus type a guy and this technogadgetry is just more "white fella magic" far as I'm concerned!

This is why we raised kids - so they can keep us abreast of all the new technology!

I will work this out with help.

The LPG I use is this sort...

http://www.dieselgas.com.au/home.htm

Cheers!

Last edited by Flywest; 12-17-2006 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Spellin & Omissions