Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Keyless Keypad Code

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
MattsExcursion
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is good! I didn't get any paperwork with my truck when I got it. At least nothing like manuals

Old 11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
callmemike2000
New User
Well, I started going through the codes that I got from mattsexcursion (and others). I started from the beginning, did a couple hundred, then started from the end, and did a couple more hundred. I finally got frustrated and went to my local dealer and told them to hook it up and get me the code. My local dealer must be among the minority. They were very friendly, and it only cost me $16.00. They also included information on open recalls, of which I have 2. I'm glad now that I let them do it, as the code was in the range of 3XXXX, right in the middle. For what it's worth, it could be worth checking with your dealer. Apparently, there is a huge difference from one area to another when it comes to pricing.

2000 Excursion
81000 miles and stilll going strong

Old 11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
vettdvr
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike your experience is why I started in the middle and worked to the front. And you are right there is a HUGH difference in dealers. Jim

Old 11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
burgf250
Junior User
Just an FYI:

I originally asked mattexcursion to send me copies of the keyless keypad codes and posted my email address in the post. Since that time I have had two different emails requesting a copy of the codes from individuals who's email address I do not recognize and they just simple request a copy of the codes. My first thought was why would you not simple make a post here and get them from mattexcursion. I have not responded and wondered if there request is legit or not. Anybody else gotten this? Just thought I would pass this on.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM
MattsExcursion
Junior User
burgf250,

I would not reply, because you never know what is going on. I had put my email on a post above, so anyone can email me and I will be more than happy to send it to them.

callmemike2000,

That is a very great deal for only $16.00. Where is that dealer? I was lucky along with some others that the code for my truck didn't take that long to find. There are 12 Ford dealers all within about 20 miles from my home, and I called them all. I even called the one in my uncle's little little town, and they all gave me a different price. The cheapest I found was $89.00. If that was the only way to get it, then I would pay that. But I think that $89 is a little "stupid" to look up a 5 digit code. ($89 could give me almost a tank of gas...lol)

Old 11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
pigsilly
New User
need codes 2000EX

Hey Matt...Please, please send code list.

Thanks for finding it!!
henry
hhartzner@templeterrace.com

Old 11-05-2006, 06:09 PM
conger
Posting Guru
I found the code for my 04 up behind the radio. Hard to read though. The only way to see it was with an inspection mirror and small flashlight. I had to take the panel off where the fuse panel access is, also the trash bag hanger and the bottom center panel. It was surrounded by white found insulation and the wire harness was in the way. Took me a couple of hours. Not a lot of fun.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:43 PM
rode-rash
New User
i'll take it to at greg_krebs@hotmail.com thanks.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:33 PM
bigdog55
Senior User

I'm going to take the DW's Cougar into the dealer tomorrow and will ask about getting the codes.. The dealership owner said that he thought the code was someplace on the rear door hinge or something like that..

In the meantime if you could please send the code to jnpears@hotmail.com,,I'd really appreciate it.Especially since the guy I bought this thing from won't answer any of my queries about the vehicle...

Last edited by bigdog55; 11-05-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: insert email link
Old 11-05-2006, 11:40 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
I met a guy today in a mall parking lot with a 2000 Excursion PSD. We started talking about out trucks. He had bought it at a dealer used, with low mileage a year ago.

After a half hour of yakking, we said goodbye and I started to leave. I saw him punching in his keypad code, remembered his was a 2000, and went back and asked if he had the dealer get the code for him, or if it was somewhere else.

He told me the dealer said it was behind the drivers rear side interior panel. Behind the spare tire at the top. He said he went home, took out the spare, removed a couple of trims and then loosened the main trim panel, and there it was.

Just passing this on...

Old 11-06-2006, 09:20 AM
engco463
New User
Matt,

Can you please send me the code list.

Thanks for the assistance

Stephen

mcdoniels@***.net

Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Joelski
Elder User
Thanks xTraveler! I saved that post for future reference on the Expy and hopefully mom's Vic. That was a good turn you did for us, sharing something that cost you money and I appreciate it.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:52 PM
bigguy85
New User
Keypad Code Retrieval (EASY) Relatively

On my 2002 Xcursion - removed the garbage bag/grocery bag hook, then you can look in behind the dash with a flashlight and find the box with the code on it. I'm big, 6'-6" and 320 lbs. It was some real contortion; to make it easier I also removed the cup holder. Then when you look in behind the dash you can also reach in there and move wires around to make it easier to read the numbers on the control box. It's worth the satisfaction of finding the code yourself and saving the $ and hassle of an appointment at the dealer.

Now, make sure you always have 3 ignition keys so that you can make a third if you lose one. You have to have 2 working keys to make a third yourself. I bought my truck with one key. I had to take it to the dealer to make a 2nd and 3rd key. But now, reading the instuctions in the manual, I can make a replacement third key if we lose a key.

I just loved programming the Intelicode door opener button. Just read the directions and follow them. It gets a bit trickier if you have a newer rolling code tranmitter/receiver type door opener sytem. I programmed my neighbor's for him when he found out I got mine working. I also set up a button to run my Mom's door up and down so I don't need a key to check on her house for her.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:42 PM
callmemike2000
New User
Mattsexcursion....
Sorry for the delay in replying. The dealer is Elkhart, a small city in northern Indiana. Very nice folks. I may start taking my vehicle there for maintenence, as their oil changes and such are less expensive than my local performance shop.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Sergio Trevino
New User
Matt,

Can you please send me the code list.

Thanks for the assistance

Sergio

strevinoz@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Keyless Keypad Code