Sponsored by:

Help I still cant find this short!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 07:16 PM
jbomb
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help I still cant find this short!!!!

Ok I have tried just about everything. Every power lead coming out of my drivers side power window switch is shorted to ground. only way they are not shorted to ground is if I cut the black ground wire at the driver door power window plug. I thought it was the switch assembly because the passenger rear window doesnt work, the circuit for the up posistion on that widow is burnt outbut. I think that is why the little jumper wire that goes from my power mirrors to the red/blk stripe wire is able to get the rest of the window working. I have bought to brand new switch assemblies from the Ford dealer and even with the new assemblies installed it blows the fuse because it completes the circuit to the rest of the ower leads shorted to ground. Even with the passenger rear window disconnected at the window motor. someone please help me out here.

Thanks, Jesse

Old 11-27-2005, 09:02 PM
jaxozarks
New User
jaxozarks

Not sure what you mean by every power wire at the main switch is shorted to ground but if you are checking for continuity to ground on the "hot" wires going to the power window motors you probably will find ground on those wires. As long as the power window motors are hooked up it is possible for you to detect some "ground". The ground is coming from the ground side wire of the power window switch, to the motor, through the motor windings and back up the power side. Please remember I dont have a wiring diagram to look at. The two wires going to the power window motor are both ground and power depending on if the window is being operated up or down.

Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
bmenzel
Senior User
I had a power mirror problem which progressed into a power window problem. Dealer found a pinched wire under the driver seat next to the console at the rear seat mount.
2005 limited diesel