Notices
View Poll Results: do u trust armor all?
yes 100%- wont do anything but good u me
20.59%
its probably better than nothing
40.20%
never! it'll crack my dash!
31.37%
dont know no opinion
7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

do u trust armor all?

Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 PM
oldfordtrucksrule
Elder User
oldfordtrucksrule is starting off with a positive reputation.
do u trust armor all?

everybody vote here on their thoughts on armor all.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:17 PM
repo_man62
Junior User
repo_man62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by oldfordtrucksrule
everybody vote here on their thoughts on armor all.
NO! It's oil based...collects dirt!

Old 07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
fordboy_52
Post Fiend
fordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to behold
an dit has a chemical that eats paint!

Matt

Old 07-27-2005, 10:17 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
i1dery is starting off with a positive reputation.
Been using it since 1978 never have any problems with it, so you
guys must've got a bad batch?.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 AM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
It'll also cloud the plastic lenses on your dash and leaves a nasty film on the inside of the windshield when it evaporates. I'll remove the colored paint and metallic coating from plastic trim pieces. If you have any soft vinyl it will harden it wich will cause it to crack. I just use a damp micro fiber cloth these days. Just say no the the shiny oily stuff.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 PM
RICE H8R
Elder User
RICE H8R is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't think I'd say that I don't trust it, but I still don't use it. There's just something about Armor-All that I don't like...probably the oily finish among many.

I use various products on my dash and such, but never Armor-All.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:47 PM
fordboy_52
Post Fiend
fordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to beholdfordboy_52 is a splendid one to behold
i use mothers, the stuff smells like cherries for gods sake, CHERRIES!!!!!

Matt

Old 07-29-2005, 09:54 PM
oldfordtrucksrule
Elder User
how do u get armor all on the plastic lenses? overspray?and its not for paint so just dont get it on painted surfaces.never had the nasty film develop on the windshield from usin it.ive never had a problem with it. we got an 89 park avenue with its original vinyl top thats always been armoraled and its still in very good shape. and it sits outside in the sun all the time.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
repo_man62
Junior User
and its not for paint so just dont get it on painted surfaces.
we got an 89 park avenue with its original vinyl top thats always been armoraled and its still in very good shape.
And just HOW do you think they got their color? Dash and top are both DYED (Painted) Any hoo...I only use MEGUIERS

Old 07-31-2005, 04:28 PM
oldfordtrucksrule
Elder User
so your saying that armor all shouldnt be used on dashs and tops because those surfaces are painted? and armor all eats paint so if i put it on a dash or top itll eat the paint and then my dash will turn colors because its really not the same color under the top coat of paint?

Old 07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
repo_man62
Junior User
so your saying that armor all shouldnt be used on dashs and tops because those surfaces are painted? and armor all eats paint so if i put it on a dash or top itll eat the paint and then my dash will turn colors because its really not the same color under the top coat of paint?
Hey....YOU asked for opinions on ARMOR-ALL..evidently you like the stuff and will continue using it no matter what opinions others give, and that's o.k. I said...." I don't like Armorall because it's oil based" (Note...oil and paint or dye don't mix). That's why I use WATER based protectants as I'm sure most guys on here who do bodywork use also. If they don't...they should go to a car show and look around, as well as ask around. That is what I suggest to you...so you can see for yourself and form your own opinion.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
oldfordtrucksrule
Elder User
ok so ill ask u again do u think car dashboards are painted the color they r?like underneath they are all a generic color and they r painted at the factory the color of the interior? im just asking a simple question here about what u said earlier. i dont use armor all usually i just wanna get to the bottom of the "i used armor all on my dash and it cracked it " stories i've heard. just want some clarifacation on that.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:25 PM
repo_man62
Junior User
ok so ill ask u again do u think car dashboards are painted the color they r?like underneath they are all a generic color and they r painted at the factory the color of the interior? im just asking a simple question here about what u said earlier. i dont use armor all usually i just wanna get to the bottom of the "i used armor all on my dash and it cracked it " stories i've heard. just want some clarifacation on that.
most INTERIOR PARTS ARE molded in the color they are supposed to be. (Not at the factory) Some i.e. my ford bronco...is grey underneath and painted blue. If you can get a chip off of it...it's paint. I don't know that armorall will CRACK it, as that is usually from excessive expansion or contraction.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
oldfordtrucksrule
Elder User
ya that was my thoughts exactly. im not sure if i wanna use the armor all on the dash or not the controversy remains. i just want protection from the uv rays, u no? like sunscreen for my dash. which actually isnt cracked at all and its an 83 and ive never put anything on it.i do use a sun shade in the summer for the heat.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:06 AM
fordman102
Elder User
fordman102 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put a dash cover on my truck the first week I bought it 6 years ago. Never been removed. I clean the inside of my truck with windex. I've never had no issues or problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: do u trust armor all?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.