Notices
View Poll Results: do u trust armor all?
yes 100%- wont do anything but good u me
20.59%
its probably better than nothing
40.20%
never! it'll crack my dash!
31.37%
dont know no opinion
7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

do u trust armor all?

Old 08-01-2005, 09:06 AM
i1dery
Posting Guru
i1dery is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya'll sayin dont put the stuff on the paint because it what???
Well my ex-father inlaw,and i know it sounds stupid and i told
him so myself, but what can i say he used the stuff religously
on his entire care outside on his paint and inside on the interior
and really it looked nice, had been doing it for years in san diego.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:10 AM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Armor all took some of the paint, dye whatever you want to call it off of one of the door switch panels in an 01 supercrew I had. It was black underneath. Some parts are molded in color (usually the softer parts). Others are painted/dyed. Just my experience. I know some people love the stuff, not me.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:23 AM
daniel parker
New User
daniel parker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have 2000 miles on my king ranch and I dont want to get oily armorall everyware at this point

Old 08-02-2005, 06:53 AM
peppy
Postmaster
peppy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ive been using ArmorAll for years. Since I was old enough to drive. I have yet to won a car long enough to have the plastics break down from its use.
So I guess if nature takes hundreds of thousands of years to decompose plastic......and ArmorAll destroys it as fast as some say, maybe ArmorAll is on the wrong business.

Old 09-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Tomcat7742 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Armor-All used to have a problem with fading and cracking interior plastics/vinyl. This was due to several factors, including Armor-All containing 'bad' silicones in their formula. Cars at the time also had vinyl coated foam dashes, which didn't help the situation any. Armor-All has since switched it's formula and now dashes are molded plastic. The worst problem you might encounter now days it's fading, which is exactly what you are trying to prevent.

I still would not recommend it to anyone. Go to most any auto parts store and pick yourself up a bottle of Meguiars Natural Shine Rubber/Plastic. It leaves the dash looking and feeling like it did the day it left the factory. You can make the product shine up your dash by adding additional coats. Natural Shine also leaves your dash feeling dry and natural, not humid and sticky.

- Chris

Old 10-29-2005, 03:41 AM
rickherrera
Freshman User
rickherrera is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

use mothers its the best from all and it smells greattttt.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 PM
300 4 ever
Senior User
300 4 ever is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put it on my 1975 original vinyl, motorcycle seat. It works great as far as I can tell. There are no cracks, its not stiff, and it seems to soak it up. It has to be better than nothing on a seat that old. I have no complaints about it (seems like I may be one of a few).My dad swears by the stuff on vinyls, dashes, etc. His trucks have been in great interior shape over the years.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:18 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.RangerPilot has a very good reputation on FTE.
My mom's been using it on her 2000 Silverado since the day we bought it, no problems and the dash looks great. I'm using it on my Ranger now, no problems, and I doubt there ever will be any.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:25 AM
greenacrescanoe
New User
greenacrescanoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have used it several times without having any problems, but since I have heard so many mixed reviews I will probably just switch to different brand

Old 11-18-2005, 06:17 PM
KubotaOrange76
Post Fiend
KubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to allKubotaOrange76 is a name known to all
i cant stand the stuff, might as well spray the dash down with baby oil and let all that dirt stick to it!

nothing like rubbing your hand on the dash and getting oil on everything you touch for 5 mintues

Old 11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Dewman
Freshman User
Dewman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I prefer 303. I can use it on plastic, rubber, wood or paint. It has great UV protection. Started using it on my RV for the rubber roof and seals. Leaves a clean shine.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:49 PM
AF Mezkin
Senior User
AF Mezkin is starting off with a positive reputation.
I only use it on my tires. I've used the gels & the sprayons and same thing every time. When it's time to clean the tires I get that thick residue that is hard to wash away, when I use a brush it just gets into the brissels and I have a hard time cleaning the brush.(and the tires are still gooy with that residue). I resently went back with Armor-all, I used it back when I had my first car with no problems. I apply it with a spong that was meant for the gel wheel dressing. I use the no touch sprays to do my wheelwells.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:55 AM
CobraXP
Postmaster
CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
I haven't used it since 1987 and 1988 when I had to replace my mother's dash in an 85 Crown Vic. Back then, Armor All would seal the pores in the material. When the material would expand/contract from heat/cold, it would not breath and would crack. I have since heard they have changed their ingredients, but still do not use it and never will.

I use Mequiar's at times, but prefer a manufacturer named Fuller's. Either that or baby oil or suntan lotion. Anything good for your skin is good for your interior. Baby oil can leave a shiny coat that glares in the sunlight, but soaks in rather quickly in sunlight. Suntan lotion is good also and leaves a nice scent when the sun hits it.

Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 AM
mikeyswood
Elder User
mikeyswood is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had originally voted yes, but I would like to resend my vote.

After a good cleaning this week I have noticed two cracks starting in the dash! They were not there a month ago and the only thing that they see is AA. I discounted the crack in my first truck's dash, but two in a row is enough to make me switch.

I think that I will try Mother's; "the stuff smells like cherries for gods sake, CHERRIES!!!!!"