Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I know it wasnt nice but it felt so GOOD

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it wasnt nice but it felt so GOOD

I finally stopped giggling enuff so I can type this.
First a little background:
I have discovered that I can produce black smoke on demand by following a certain technique
1. Have my flip chip set for "Performance"
2. Be at relatively low speed (about 15 to 25 mph works best)
3. Back off the pedal for a few secs
4. Nail it.

Second background issue:
Every day for the past few months, on my way home from work, I see this guy in a red Porsche convertible. This guy has an attitude "I obviously am better and more important than you because I drive a Porsche". He drives very aggressively weaving in and out of traffic and cutting people off, he has cut me off badly about 3 times.

Today the gods of fortune winked and smiled at me. I was stopped at a red light first vehicle in the left lane next to my was one of those 1970s era Oldsmobile tanks and right behind the Olds was this A**H*** in the red Porsche with the convertible top down. I couldnt pass up the opportunity, I calmly switched my flip chip to "Performance" when the light turned green I accelerated evenly with the Olds keeping the the Porsche on my right rear corner when we reached 20 MPH I eased off the pedal for a few seconds then ......... the Porsche disappeared in a large black smelly cloud of Diesel smoke.

I know its not nice to be vindictive but sometimes ya just gotta let em know whose boss

Last edited by Phydeaux88; 04-12-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:27 PM
HawaiianPSD
Mountain Pass

That's good stuff man!!!

Old 04-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Awsome!!! your right though... sometimes you just gotta show 'em whose boss! nothing worse than a ritch ***** thinking there better than you because they drive a forighn-thing-a-ma-expensive-to-fixer-upper-bobber.

-Robb

Last edited by Robbgt; 04-12-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:43 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
its great! if i'm the highway and some is tryin to drive into my bed, or drivin like a maniac, i just pull in front of them, drop it a gear, let it settle down then ease into the gear then hammer it. whoah, at night, they drive through the fog of The Diesel Way....even in broad daylight, i get a prety good cloud rollin intot the ground through the twin 5's. and thats with no chip! just my lil 5.6K! gotta love it!

Old 04-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 820 Likes on 625 Posts
LOL Good job!

Old 04-12-2005, 10:58 PM
westladog
Senior User
I couldn't help laughing too.
By the way, some people have told me that black smoke from a diesel means that something is wrong or leaking with the motor. Is this true? Can someone confirm or deny this myth....

thanks...

Old 04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Black smoke is unburned fuel, looks cool, thats about it. doesnt mean anything is wrong, nesacarily, just that you have more fuel than air.

I will prolly get banned for this but heres a pic of some black smoke for ya.

That NUTS!!!! I know its the wrong kind, but wow.

Diesel Rod

Old 04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
well, the only detrimental thing that happens when a diesel blows the black, is your fuel gauge goes down. the black smoke is only unburned fuel that is making its way out of the system. nothin wrong, just pure enjoyment and a sooner trip to the pump only other bad thing, is if you were aiming the smoke...the other person gets either a faceful or thier a/c sucks it in for them

Old 04-12-2005, 11:04 PM
kalsc
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only get serious black smoke when I really punch it and I understand this is due to a very rich condition as in excess fuel when going hard.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Hello
Senior User
I did the same thing yesterday. Boy does the tailgater fall back quickly. Then when they finally pass on my right, I feel they're gonna shoot me! But it's their fault for making me try to go faster and floor it ....right!

Old 04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 685 Likes on 398 Posts
Good for you,he had it coming,,,HAHAHA

Hanklin

Old 04-12-2005, 11:33 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phydeaux88
I couldnt pass up the opportunity, I calmly switched my flip chip to "Performance" when the light turned green I accelerated evenly with the Olds keeping the the Porsche on my right rear corner when we reached 20 MPH I eased off the pedal for a few seconds then ......... the Porsche disappeared in a large black smelly cloud of Diesel smoke.
OOOOOOO thats good ... i have admit i have done the same sort of thing, when deserved

Old 04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
4x4turboterror
Senior User
Thumbs up

that was great !!!!

Old 04-13-2005, 08:32 AM
johnny8
Postmaster
i have a related story... the god's of fate smiled on me too..! i am at a stop light in the left lane tuesday night after work. the road goes about 100 yards past the light with two lanes, then the right lane merges in... up pulls a little hyundai GT, (GT..? Ya right..!) in the right lane to "beat me off the line.." light turns green, we both tromp and go... one thing, i only go to half throttle or so... i stayed right with him, (i started to pull away when he shifted, so i lifted a little to stay next to him), till we got to about 50, (40 mph zone), then i slowly lifted to let him "pull away"... he's all cocky, flipin' me the bird out his sunroof as he takes off... one problem for him... right around the corner is where the police officer sits, I see him almost every day, and bang... CHRISTMAS TIME...! Sometimes you need to be a little smarter than the average bear in order to put these jerks in their place. I gambled that the cop would be there, and he was..! That kid was really pissed when I beeped my horn as I passed him, and i'm sure that our boys in blue seriously lightened his wallet...!

Old 04-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Steve_250
Posting Guru
Ok, just for the same kind of grins 'n giggles, can you blow good smoke without a chip?

Quick Reply: I know it wasnt nice but it felt so GOOD