Computer Chips & Tuners  

Custom programming your own Diablo chip

Old 09-22-2004, 04:49 PM
V-10Triton
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom programming your own Diablo chip

i spoke with diablo today in regards to thier REVolution software. They said you can't get ahold of it unless you own a dyno and are a dealer. This strikes me as kind of odd. When i told them i will have my own dyno soon, he kind of didn't believe me and said i had to still be a dealer.I tried calling back and asking if i still somehow buy it but i guess they had closed for the day. well.....anyway.... to the point of the post. What do you guys think. Why doesn't diablo want me to own there software. is it a loss in programming sales? our are they worried i'll damage my truck and demand they pay for it?

I mean if i can't have it i guess i just can't have it... Just want to know why

Peace
V10

Old 09-23-2004, 08:11 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
They don't want the software in the hands of people who don't know what they are doing. Diablo doesn't want a reputation of blown engines and trashed transmissions due to no fault of their own (and people will blame them even it its their own fault). Its not a simple matter of moving timing, a/f fuel ratio, etc. Ford calibrations have hundreds of scalers, switches and tables to deal with, many requiring a lot of knowledge about what they do.

If you're really intent on it, and willing to put your truck at risk, drop me an email and I can set you up with an SCT racers kit. Its the software for racers, can only program one VIN locked tuner but will do everything you need it to. Be prepared to shell out some serious $$$ for it.

Old 09-23-2004, 06:43 PM
V-10Triton
Junior User
Yes I am still interested in it i have already ordered a custom program for a diablo chip i am purchasing for you. can the sct kit work with the diablo chip? I would think not. I want to serious buy the rev software but i could go for a tuner.. get back to me thx

Old 09-23-2004, 11:31 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No, the SCT kit will not program a Diablo chip. Each company puts identifiers on their chips and their software will only program their own chips. It can be done by software that ignores the ids (they have this internally).

Old 09-27-2004, 10:14 PM
V-10Triton
Junior User
Well thx for the info i will probibly try contacting diable again to try and get the software when we do get our dyno. I just don't want to have to mail it back and forth. I mean the turn around times must be weeks. I been waiting more then 10 Business days for my custom programed chip from you guys.
( I don't care if it takes 2 more weeks truck won't be ready to run yet)
I would just hate for the truck to be ready and not have the program.
Once truck is on the road it will be daily driver. so if i mail you guys the chip for let's say a MAF sensor mod or Gearing and tires , how long will i be without a chip?