Diablo Predator??? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

Diablo Predator???

Old 08-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Pete B
Freshman User
Pete B is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diablo Predator???

Anyone used a Diablo Predator programer on their F-150? I have a 2001 F-150 with a 5.4L and am looking for more HP. I have already installed a K&N air filter with little HP gain.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2004, 05:39 PM
openclasspro
Senior User
openclasspro is starting off with a positive reputation.
i am curious too if they are all they were hyped up to be- wonder if anyone is using one that had used a diablo chip or superchips product for comparison

Old 08-08-2004, 09:34 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Hands down its the feature winner with tuners. If your local area has better fuel, or the conditions are right, you can go beyond the dyno tunes and increase fuel and/or timing. How far you take it is up to you and the power is great.

Old 08-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Pete B
Freshman User
Pete B is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power Gain

Webmaster,
with the Diablo chip at sea level using 91 octane gas what HP gain should I expect at the wheels?? 5.4L

Old 08-10-2004, 12:40 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
91 octane is the bare mimimum. Make sure you're not running cheap gas because it may ping. Power varies by PCM code, but expect about 10% on the HP, 12-15% on the torque.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Camille Marquis
Senior User
Camille Marquis is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have same truck getting better acell and passing dont see any change in milage

Old 08-12-2004, 06:56 PM
claynewt
Junior User
claynewt is starting off with a positive reputation.
webmaster.... Is the sale still on for the tuners? And why would a PCM code affect horsepower gains? Very close to getting a Predator for my '03 F150 5.4l FX4. But I'm concerned about any kinks that may have to engineered out.Are there any?

List of current upgrades:

FIPK II
Poweraid TBS
Flowmaster Force II Dual side out
Hellwig big rear sway bar
BFG 285/17's
Factory matched front tint
Brown Bread soundproofing

Pending:

Flex-a-lite #270 dual electric fans
Shift kit (Don't know what type---if anybody has ideas then shoot)
Diablo Predator

My question is: Would you recommend installing these in a particular order?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by claynewt; 08-12-2004 at 07:00 PM. Reason: mispelled
Old 08-13-2004, 12:17 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Yes, still on sale. Intakes don't impact programmers and neither do throttle body spacers. No known "kinks" but the Predator allows you to download update from their web site.

Old 08-13-2004, 01:10 PM
claynewt
Junior User
claynewt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool! How about any particular order of installation of above mods? By the way PCM code is LGA2.

Thanks!!

Old 08-13-2004, 01:34 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
The order doesn't matter to the Predator. LGA2 shouldn't be a problem, pretty common code.

Old 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
The order of those doesn't matter to the Predator. LGA2 shouldn't be a problem, pretty common code.

Old 08-13-2004, 05:18 PM
openclasspro
Senior User
openclasspro is starting off with a positive reputation.
i had an lga code- i know with the diablo chip - they couldn't get "RID" of the speed limiter- only was able to raise it- hopefully the programmer is more succesfull than the delta chip