General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

So it has begun...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 12:31 AM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down So it has begun...

Well celebrating for the 4th is officail here in my little piece of hell. The guy acrss the street, along with buddy got totally wasted and then started shooting fireworks off at the stroke of midnight. Once the moron reliezed how loud the fireworks were, he stumbled his way back into the garage and closed the door while they were still shooting off. After the smoke clears, he comes back out, opens and then chugs another longneck and chuncks the bottle into the street. He then drives off in his car while his buddy stood there laughing. What is it about the 4th of July that people think they can get drunk and act like total a-holes. I wonder about the laws against fireworks sometimes, but then i look out the window and see stuff like that happen. Terrible way to celebrate this country and the people who died defending and freeing it.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:31 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As soon as I see them hop in their car I place an anonymous phone call to crime check reporting a drunk driver. Better than half the time they'll catch those funny bunnys and that will put and end to it in a hurry. I hate morons like that.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Kitz E Kat
Senior User
Yeah well over here we have the same thing on Paddies day ....
Perfectly "normal" people go mad , why i will never figure out .

Ask these people what the are "celebrating" and the half of them would not have a clue ...

It's a universal thing.

Sorry for your troubles , but we get that rubbish here too...

These Guy's could not spell the word "history" ..

Hope you have a happy July 4'th!!!

Greetz from Ireland , happy July the 4'th

Old 06-26-2004, 10:51 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, Subliminaldanger, isn't that the way our forefathers acted?

Several of my neighbors have been shooting stuff off for the last week or so. Haven't had to clean up any debris in my yard.... yet...

Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM
psychlopath
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Subliminaldanger, do you live next door or something? I almost nailed one of the bottles in the road with my lil' Kia just today. The sicheation last night was about the same exact thing.

Old 06-27-2004, 01:25 AM
ckrichard
Elder User
We have a hunting and fishing lease by a trailer park. Every fourth and new years we have to go there and pick up after all the used fireworks. It just gets to you. One of these days i am going to catch these people and make them clean up every single piece of litter.

Chris

Old 06-27-2004, 07:12 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For years used to live just south of Dallas county (where they are illegal to even have!) WELL, all 4 million people from Dallas coutny used to come just over the county line near our subdivision to buy and shot them...
the first year there we put up a sign leading into the neighborhood warning them NOT to come into the division... but there was a lot of open land just across the way....
and most rookies at that could care less which WAY the stuff went...

SO... we had to contend with the fire hazard ---- maybe not THIS fourth in North Texas -- but I've been known to turn the sprinklers on for an hour or so about dusk...
then again for about an hour at midnight....

but of course, I've already stretched the water hoses out so I can spray the roof...

Little bit of bother...
but one plus was that I never had to spend money of fireworks :-)
we'd just invite a group over and sit on the porches to watch the show...
and bieing on a "high" hill for this area... we could see many municipal firework displays...

Old 06-27-2004, 07:24 AM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
well here in my neighborhood im the moron who is blowing up the neighborhood...i "manufacture" some fireworks myself and buy the ones i dont have the material for....however i dont make an *** of myself and my displays are co-ordinated and people arent drunk when setting off my stuff....if you're sloshed stay away from my fireworks boxes because some of the crap i built will leave you without an appendage or worse!! hell the BIG ones may dig the hole for you to be buried in to save us time...bottom line is that if you are gonna celebrate do it in a respective manner and have a lil compassion for those who want to sleep at 1am and put down the lighter....12am is for new years....8pm-10pm is the 4th to me...hell at 12am i wanna be asleep especially this year as it falls on a sunday and the next day is a work day