Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Long time lurker

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 06:20 PM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 587 Likes on 381 Posts
What would the difference in impedence result in at the voltage the injectors operate at?

(I don't have the answer, just curious)

Old 03-16-2023, 07:11 PM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan V
What would the difference in impedence result in at the voltage the injectors operate at?

(I don't have the answer, just curious)
I don't think it does. No electrical knowledge. Other than basic, more resistance more volts needed to get desired out come. Would not really work in a DC system, yeah?
does impedance apply to a DC electrical system?

Old 03-16-2023, 07:45 PM
callforfire
Tuned
Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
One option, if you are that worried about your wiring and you're into tedious self-inflicted punishment, is to make your own.
A few years back I got fed up with mine and ordered all the pigtails from riffraff and just rebuilt everything going to the 42pin connector.
It wasn't cheap but it saved me a good bundle over the messican made oem replacement, and I know every inch of it.
Also decluttered up the valley a bit which is nice when working on things. At the moment all I have are the old "work in progress" pics but this should give you an idea.

Old 03-16-2023, 08:16 PM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by callforfire
One option, if you are that worried about your wiring and you're into tedious self-inflicted punishment, is to make your own.
A few years back I got fed up with mine and ordered all the pigtails from riffraff and just rebuilt everything going to the 42pin connector.
It wasn't cheap but it saved me a good bundle over the messican made oem replacement, and I know every inch of it.
Also decluttered up the valley a bit which is nice when working on things. At the moment all I have are the old "work in progress" pics but this should give you an idea.
hmmm not a bad idea, down side is i have a hard time with colors. May be a bit challenging.
I like the declutter look

Old 03-26-2023, 11:51 AM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
Here is what I have accomplished thus far, most of new, some I had from the past.
-6637 intake, replace the rusted out AFE Cold Air intake.
-New drivers side battery tray
-Red Head Steering box, should have done that a LONG time ago.
-Turbo has Riff Raff billet wheel
-Turbo EPBV deleted
-Turbo pedestal deleted EBPV
-Turbo plug in on main wire harness has resistor plugged in it. Was not sure if left empty what it would.do, so it is plugged.
-New EBPS sensor, tube cleaned and in good material condition.
-Riff Raff CAC/Plenum boots and t-clamps, with Riff Raff plenum inserts.
-Rebuilt Fuel bowl
-Riff Raff braided fuel lines.
-Riff Raff FRx
-Riff Raff fuel bowl cap
-Waterpump, and new hoses, around the serpentine belt on top
-Riff Raff thermostat housing, and new thermostat.
-Full Force 180/30 injectors, buddy had them in his truck for 1500miles, he wanted to go a different route, I traded him the old ones in my truck for those. New orings prior to install.
-PHP Hydra with Jellibuilt tunes.
That is where I am at. I wish I could say I am pleased with the performance, I am not. I guess that's part of the experience.
I did a 60-90 mph WOT a few times in the highest tune, and the HPOP shot to 2400 and climbed 2700+ during that, Boost was 20-22. I have the PID recording. Need to spend the time and go through the PID thread for conversion to graphing. Seemed pretty healthy. From my limited knowledge.
So i am thinking either KC Balanced Assy. or 63/68, maybe 63/73, and buy some hybrid injectors.
Do not get me wrong, truck runs great! Looking for a bit more. I did reach out to Jellibuilt to see about tune adjustment, waiting response.
Thank you for the pointers thus far, has been a lot of fun doing the work, and getting info here thank you.

Old 03-26-2023, 12:15 PM
Dan V
Lead Driver
People seem to have had success with and like the KC Balanced assy. Your boost number was measured how? I would think if you were measuring via a boost gauge, you would have seen numbers in the mid 30's.

Old 03-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by Dan V
People seem to have had success with and like the KC Balanced assy. Your boost number was measured how? I would think if you were measuring via a boost gauge, you would have seen numbers in the mid 30's.
boost gauge, no, it was low 20's

Old 03-26-2023, 12:19 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Received 1,615 Likes on 958 Posts
What hpop are you running?
what tune was your 60-90 wot run in?
either you have a good upgraded hpop to hold 2700 icp, or, of it was a stock hpop, the tune you were in isnt overly aggressive and leaves performance on the table.

with 180/30 if you tow, the kc300x stage 1 is excellent, more street, the stage 2 works well, need more then that, pair the stage 2 with a set of 200/80 hybrids and prepare for even more upgrades lol

Old 03-26-2023, 01:09 PM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by ESwift
What hpop are you running?
what tune was your 60-90 wot run in?
either you have a good upgraded hpop to hold 2700 icp, or, of it was a stock hpop, the tune you were in isnt overly aggressive and leaves performance on the table.

with 180/30 if you tow, the kc300x stage 1 is excellent, more street, the stage 2 works well, need more then that, pair the stage 2 with a set of 200/80 hybrids and prepare for even more upgrades lol
The highest tune setting
Stock HPOP
Well, that is open for discussion for sure. As far as turbo and the prep for more upgrades.

Old 03-26-2023, 03:23 PM
Dan V
Lead Driver
I'll let the smarter answer....but IMO something is wrong.

Old 03-26-2023, 03:40 PM
ESwift
cncfab
A stock hpop typically wouldnt be able to put out enough flow to keep icp at 2700 wot in a hot tune, a mst also wouldnt flow enough to keep egt in check, my guess is the tuning has taken those into account.
Also the 180/30 should be capable enough to easily break 400rwhp with a good hpop and turbo, so they should be plenty fun to drive

Old 03-26-2023, 03:59 PM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
A stock hpop typically wouldnt be able to put out enough flow to keep icp at 2700 wot in a hot tune, a mst also wouldnt flow enough to keep egt in check, my guess is the tuning has taken those into account.
Also the 180/30 should be capable enough to easily break 400rwhp with a good hpop and turbo, so they should be plenty fun to drive
I do believe the tunes take into account, the stock hpop and stock turbo with billet wheel.
So, upgrade hpop, turbo, and inform tuner of said updates, and update tunes.
Does that sound about right? Missing anything?

Old 03-26-2023, 04:07 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Originally Posted by Don Ruff
I do believe the tunes take into account, the stock hpop and stock turbo with billet wheel.
So, upgrade hpop, turbo, and inform tuner of said updates, and update tunes.
Does that sound about right? Missing anything?
See what Brian says about the tuning.
I would suggest a cncfab stage 2 hpop and the kc300x stage 2 if you arent towing much or at elevation. It seems like you are wanting the extra power potential.
Do you have any transmission upgrades?

Old 03-26-2023, 04:35 PM
Don Ruff
5th Wheeling
See what Brian says about the tuning.
I would suggest a cncfab stage 2 hpop and the kc300x stage 2 if you arent towing much or at elevation. It seems like you are wanting the extra power potential.
Do you have any transmission upgrades?
I emailed him earlier today on the tuning.
CNC Fab stg2 hpop was on my list
I do tow, 6 to 12 times a year with the horse trailer, 8-10k plus other item maybe 11k topend. So was thinking to stick with kc 63/68.
getting those ordered as we speak.

Old 03-26-2023, 04:37 PM
ESwift
cncfab
Originally Posted by Don Ruff
I emailed him earlier today on the tuning.
CNC Fab stg2 hpop was on my list
I do tow, 6 to 12 times a year with the horse trailer, 8-10k plus other item maybe 11k topend. So was thinking to stick with kc 63/68.
getting those ordered as we speak.
the stage 1 63/68 .84 would do well with that towing

Quick Reply: Long time lurker