Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

MA November 2022 BS Thread - Summer is over and the Holidays are coming fast

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 06:33 PM
Sci79Ranger
Tuned
Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Good evening all...turned out to be a pretty nice afternoon here...temp got up to 68* with a fair amount of sunshine...that is until the clouds came back. Supposed to get some more ran tomorrow sometime. Baahston got up to 78* this afternoon...a record for the date. Hope MA Nature treated you well.

Both the Bs and Cs play tonight...road games for both. I'll be channel surfing for sure.

Hope y'all have a great evening!!!

Howdy Rod...you're not going to tell me that the dealership didn't try to sell you something...are you??? If not...they weren't doing their jobs. Hope your day went well!!!

Howdy Bud...virtually no leaves left here...got a lot of wind and a downpour after I posted this morning...the ride to the airport was interesting.

Evening Lin...did 'ya get your project done???

Good evening Tim...I'm not sure if it's coming from you...but...we're gonna get near that for overnight lows early next week. Is your white crap gone???

Howdy John...I'm pretty sure Tim was talking F...not...C. 24 C would be just about perfect now...wouldn't it???

Good evening Dave...is Burt not drivable??? If he is...you should take him out every once in a while...let him know you love him. Congrats on finding heat for the beast!!!
Sadly he is currently not, while technically drivable he is most apart inside the cab and I haven't really zeroed in his tuning yet.

Originally Posted by 56panelford
Just smoking at start up will be valve stem seal. I changed mine in an afternoon..
That was my conclusion as well. I need to do the valve cover gaskets anyway so I should tackle those as well.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:44 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,270 Likes on 4,289 Posts
Good morning Massachusetts...and...all who visit this Soggy Sunday Morning...currently 48*...which will be our high for the day...with showers falling. Looks like we will have some sort of rain through midafternoon. Hope MA Nature is treating you better!!!

Both the Bs and the Cs came away with victories last night on the road!!! The Bs are back in action tonight...hosting the Canucks.

No Pats game today...they have the by. I'll be watching the Bills/Vikings game.

Off to brekkie with the Crew...then...we'll head up to Stonleigh to wath Jonathan's basketball game. Today they play for the championship. He also has a High School Pre Season Tournament tonight in Holyoke...they're scheduled to play at 2030. I won't be going to that...wouldn't get home till about 2300 and I have "work" in the morning. 0300 comes awfully soon...especially if I'm not in bed till after 2300.

Hope y'all have a great day!!!

Originally Posted by Sci79Ranger
Sadly he is currently not, while technically drivable he is most apart inside the cab and I haven't really zeroed in his tuning yet.

That was my conclusion as well. I need to do the valve cover gaskets anyway so I should tackle those as well.
I do remember seeing pics of Burt torn apart...the authorities don't like to see you on a milk crate driving.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:06 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,140 Likes on 1,036 Posts
Morning Ken, Don, Lin, Dave, all MASS and John !
Dave what color is the "smoke" coming from Burt ? As long as it's been sitting tho there are prob LOTS of seals all dried out !
Ken, can't believe you are gonna go and stay at the round ball game THAT late !

Old 11-13-2022, 09:33 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,200 Likes on 2,691 Posts
Good morning Massachusetts..Ken...Bud..Lin...Dave and all who drop in..

Old 11-13-2022, 11:21 AM
BIGKEN
Good early afternoon all...just got home from the basketball game...Jonathan's team won the championship this morning...72-68......although they almost blew it. They were leading by 12 with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game...barely held on. Jonathan was the leading scorer for his team with 32 points...21 of them in the first half. The opponents double and triple teamed him the entire 2nd half. Now...on to the HS Preseason Tournament...tonight.

Gonna settle in for some NFL this afternoon.

Originally Posted by BPofMD
Dave what color is the "smoke" coming from Burt ? As long as it's been sitting tho there are prob LOTS of seals all dried out !
Howdy Bud...no way...no how...will I be going to tonight's game.

Good morning Massachusetts..Ken...Bud..Lin...Dave and all who drop in..
Good afternoon here...morning there John. Hope you have a great day!!! You making any progress on the pickup bed???

Old 11-13-2022, 11:30 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Progress is slow Ken but I have all winter even as short as it is here.. Trying to curb the spending as much as possible with the crazy prices now, hopefully the dollar exchange rate will better itself in the future..

Old 11-13-2022, 01:48 PM
BIGKEN
Don't hold your breath waiting for the exchange rate to improve!!! Back to football!!!

Old 11-13-2022, 04:29 PM
BIGKEN
Good early evening all...after the rains left...we got some sunshine...making it a decent mid fall day...the temp continues to drop however...probably in the low 30s when I roll out of bed in the morning. Hope MA Nature took good care of you!!!

I got a call from my niece about 2 hours ago...she wasn't feeling well and took a home Antigen Test for COVID. Positive...and...I sat next to her during the game this morning. SOOOOOOOOO...I took a test myself...Negative!!! She said her symptoms were mild...and...her DR told her to get into the office first thing in the AM for the newish meds they have.

Watched the Vikings/Bills game this afternoon...all I can say is...WOW...

Hope y'all have a great evening!!!

Old 11-13-2022, 04:52 PM
Sci79Ranger
Tuned
Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Evening all lazy day today I hope all is well everyone.

Blueish like oil. Didn't do it before when i got him, def more noticeable now that it's colder out which is weird, unless it's running too rich at startup?

Old 11-13-2022, 06:27 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Don't hold your breath waiting for the exchange rate to improve!!! Back to football!!!
I'm not and why this project isn't going to go as fast as I thought, already have too much in it..

Old 11-14-2022, 03:18 AM
BIGKEN
Good morning Massachusetts...and...all who visit this Saturday #1...hope y'all had a great weekend. Woke up this morning to 32 rather chilly degrees...on the way to 44* this afternoon with abundant sunshine!!! Hope MA Nature is taking care of you as well!!!

The Bs won last night...beating the Canucks...5-2 at the Gahden...improving their record to the best in the NHL It's early...but...I'd much rather have the best record now than the worst.

Another devastating fire in the area as a house in a local town was destroyed with the roof caving in. The house was built in 1850...lots of extremely dry lumber there...it went up very quickly. There were reports of one person still in the house when the FD arrived...hope they got out. Although it's a rural town with a volunteer dept...they were on scene in 4 minutes. There were 3 guys in the station that had just returned from a CO detector alarm in another part of the town. About a dozen towns responded mutual aid.

Off to "work" soon...hope y'all have a great day!!!

I'm not and why this project isn't going to go as fast as I thought, already have too much in it..
Sounds like you've become a bit of a procrastinator John.

Old 11-14-2022, 04:56 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,607 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Merry Monday morning Massachusetts, Ken, Lin, Dave, John, Tim and crew.
I had a busy but good weekend with Mom and her Company Christmas dinner. I know most of the people there.

Ken I hope your work day is a good one with lunch and a nap.

Lin, How are things with you, ready for white sheet removal?

Dave how was your weekend? Rested and ready for the new week.

I am off to the Sammich Factory and hope to find out today if I am a Bakery person or Maintenance Supervisor!

Old 11-14-2022, 08:05 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,140 Likes on 1,036 Posts
Morning Ken, Don, Lin, Dave, all MASS and John ! Happy Moanday to ya'll. Ken, have a good day at the recycle center. Chilly here this AM but not freezing. Sun's feels great. Lin, are you ready for some white crap ?

Old 11-14-2022, 09:12 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Good morning Massachusetts..Ken, Bud,Rod,Lin,Dave and all the rest. They said there was a chance of a light flurry yesterday. I have to go out now and clear the 6 inches that fell which brings our total so far to 10 inches of Ken's favourite substance....SNOW..

Old 11-14-2022, 11:25 AM
BIGKEN
Good early afternoon all...bright and sunny here...but...cold...only 39*. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. Just heard the weather report...good chance of 1-3" of white crap tomorrow night into Hump Saturday.

Some one emailed me this video of the fire last week...amazing how fast it spread...

Originally Posted by 5_labsownus
Merry Monday morning Massachusetts, Ken, Lin, Dave, John, Tim and crew.
I had a busy but good weekend with Mom and her Company Christmas dinner. I know most of the people there.

Ken I hope your work day is a good one with lunch and a nap.

Lin, How are things with you, ready for white sheet removal?

Dave how was your weekend? Rested and ready for the new week.

I am off to the Sammich Factory and hope to find out today if I am a Bakery person or Maintenance Supervisor!
Hi Rod..."work" was splendiferous this morning...Erika was my primary. Hope your day goes well!!

Morning Ken, Don, Lin, Dave, all MASS and John ! Happy Moanday to ya'll. Ken, have a good day at the recycle center. Chilly here this AM but not freezing. Sun's feels great. Lin, are you ready for some white crap ?
Good afternoon Bud,,,see above RE: "work"...prognosticators are saying upper teens to start the day tomorrow.

Good morning Massachusetts..Ken, Bud,Rod,Lin,Dave and all the rest. They said there was a chance of a light flurry yesterday. I have to go out now and clear the 6 inches that fell which brings our total so far to 10 inches of Ken's favourite substance....SNOW..
Howdy John...hope you enjoy your white crap.

Quick Reply: MA November 2022 BS Thread - Summer is over and the Holidays are coming fast