2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Camera in Motion Testing

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 04:14 AM
number9xd
More Turbo
Received 426 Likes on 234 Posts
Any updates on this effort?

Old 12-29-2022, 07:13 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 964 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by number9xd
Any updates on this effort?
Since no one has posted anything since June I'm going to say no. Mainly because ZooDad was always very good about posting progress on anything he was working on. He's helped me quite a bit with FORScan and tire size issues in the past. He'd have posted if he made any discoveries on this issue.
As posted early on the only way the I found to have rear camera while under way was the module from 4d Tech. And for the limited function that it offers I wish I'd saved my money.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:40 AM
ZooDad
Received 633 Likes on 371 Posts
Thanks for reminder on updates

I haven’t forgotten or dropped the project. It just got pushed back.
Now that things have settled down I’m back to ForScan comparisons and troubleshooting
Current projects
Honey-Do list 😉
Heat seat on remote start
450 tpms sensor drop out
camera in motion

ZooDad

The following 5 users liked this post by ZooDad:
Old 12-29-2022, 10:49 AM
number9xd
More Turbo
Received 426 Likes on 234 Posts
Thanks. Looking forward with hopes this is doable.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:53 AM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 619 Likes on 385 Posts
Originally Posted by ZooDad

Now that things have settled down I’m back to ForScan comparisons and troubleshooting
Current projects
Honey-Do list 😉
450 tpms sensor drop out
camera in motion

ZooDad
Got one for you, since you're the guru...

Timer on the heated mirrors/rear window. I'd PAY to extend that. A typical drive in to work (30 miles) in a snowstorm I'm turning the damn things on 4-5 times.

Old 12-29-2022, 11:31 AM
ZooDad
Received 633 Likes on 371 Posts
Originally Posted by ToMang07
Got one for you, since you're the guru...

Timer on the heated mirrors/rear window. I'd PAY to extend that. A typical drive in to work (30 miles) in a snowstorm I'm turning the damn things on 4-5 times.
I’ll check to see if there is some kind or timer threshold.

ZooDad

The following 2 users liked this post by ZooDad:
Old 01-01-2023, 10:26 AM
B-ManFX4
Laughing Gas

Received 785 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by ZooDad

Current projects
Honey-Do list 😉
450 tpms sensor drop out
camera in motion

ZooDad
What are you thinking on the heat seat on remote start? Something beyond how it is done when stock?

Old 01-01-2023, 10:43 AM
Svenster
Mountain Pass
Received 128 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by B-ManFX4
What are you thinking on the heat seat on remote start? Something beyond how it is done when stock?
Many members here have reported that their driver's seat does not heat once a remote start is activated until key-on or the push to start button (PTS) is pressed, myself included. @ZooDad is comparing various VIN AsBuilt modules for several MY SDs, in an attempt to see what changes Ford has made, if any, but initial indications suggest that most impacted by this are MY21-MY22 SDs, and obviously some are not having any issues at all.

There is a thread on FTE if you are interested in reading more.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...eat-issue.html

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-02-2023, 07:29 AM
B-ManFX4
Laughing Gas

Received 785 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Svenster
Many members here have reported that their driver's seat does not heat once a remote start is activated until key-on or the push to start button (PTS) is pressed, myself included. @ZooDad is comparing various VIN AsBuilt modules for several MY SDs, in an attempt to see what changes Ford has made, if any, but initial indications suggest that most impacted by this are MY21-MY22 SDs, and obviously some are not having any issues at all.

There is a thread on FTE if you are interested in reading more.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...eat-issue.html
Thanks. That's crazy - my truck turns the seat heater on and the heated steering wheel turns on. However, when I sit and press the Start button neither are lit on the dash - I have to activate both to maintain them being turned on. Makes you wonder what Ford is thinking when they alter features like this. I leave my truck in SEIC mode when it is cold - I remote start and when I get in it the windshield is defrosted, the seat and steering wheel is warm and it's ready to drive comfortably.

Strange enough but when it is above 65° F and I remote start the truck it will sometimes turn on the AC seat. I haven't been able to figure out what the sequence is that causes it yet.

Old 01-02-2023, 09:35 AM
Svenster
Mountain Pass
Received 128 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by B-ManFX4
Thanks. That's crazy - my truck turns the seat heater on and the heated steering wheel turns on. However, when I sit and press the Start button neither are lit on the dash - I have to activate both to maintain them being turned on. Makes you wonder what Ford is thinking when they alter features like this. I leave my truck in SEIC mode when it is cold - I remote start and when I get in it the windshield is defrosted, the seat and steering wheel is warm and it's ready to drive comfortably.

Strange enough but when it is above 65° F and I remote start the truck it will sometimes turn on the AC seat. I haven't been able to figure out what the sequence is that causes it yet.
@B-ManFX4 I don't want to detract from the OP thread here, and from your tag line you have a MY19 6.7 PSD SCrew Lariat, so your remote start settings could be different than my MY22 F350 Limited, but in my remote start settings I can set Climate Control to (i) Auto or (ii) Last Used, and for the Heated Seat & Steering Wheel to (i) Auto or (ii) off. When set to Auto, the Climate Control will determine whether or not to activate heated or cooled seats depending upon the ambient air temp. The Ford Work Shop manual for MY21 and MY22 states:
"Remote Start Climate Operation:
  • Different climate control modes/preferences can be selected when the vehicle is started using the remote start feature. This can be accessed through the message center. For additional information on how to set the remote start preferences, refer to the Owner's Literature. When the driver seat and/or passenger seatis set to AUTO mode, the driver/passenger heated seat activates in full heat mode when the outside temperature is less than 0* C (32*F) and full cool mode (heated/ventilated seats only) when outside temperature is greater than 27* C (80*F) any time the vehicle is started using the remote start feature. No heated/ventilated seat adjustment are recognized during the remote start operation. Once the ignition is cycled ON, the heated/ventilated seat turn off.
However, some MY21 and MY22 members have reported that their seat heat activates with temps above the 32*F threshold, go figure. So the Ford Work Shop manual may state something differently for your MY19. @ZooDad and myself would greatly appreciate it if you would share your VIN so we can continue to evaluate MY AsBuilts. You can PM me your VIN.

Old 01-22-2023, 01:06 AM
LA-Sahara
Cross-Country
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Looking back again at unlocking the cameras on my ‘19 now that we are getting a camper.

I’m sure the Naviks or Nav-TV is likely my only option for my model year, but read on another thread where the NavTV directions list these APIM changes for the 20-21MY trucks.

Not sure if this may be of any use. I may try it on my ‘19 just for fun!

Source thread: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-nav-tv-3.html

Old 02-22-2023, 07:33 PM
kereams
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates @ZooDad

Let me know if I can be of any help. Thanks for all you do!

Old 02-25-2023, 02:36 PM
Squanto
Laughing Gas
Received 454 Likes on 259 Posts
Really haven't tried this yet so thought I'd check it out. '22 Limited w/ 360 and UTT of course, also the trailer cam which is still in the box. On the right screen, I can cycle through to Bed Camera (CHMSL I think). But none of the others. If I push the camera button while driving, I get the rear cam (tailgate) full screen but pushing the button just goes back to AA and the side screen. Id rather have the rear/trailer cam all the time on the right side. Or at least tje option to do so. Also, does this useless warning/blind spot hazard ever go away?

(Taken while parked, of course.)

Old 02-25-2023, 05:09 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Received 186 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Squanto
Really haven't tried this yet so thought I'd check it out. '22 Limited w/ 360 and UTT of course, also the trailer cam which is still in the box. On the right screen, I can cycle through to Bed Camera (CHMSL I think). But none of the others. If I push the camera button while driving, I get the rear cam (tailgate) full screen but pushing the button just goes back to AA and the side screen. Id rather have the rear/trailer cam all the time on the right side. Or at least tje option to do so. Also, does this useless warning/blind spot hazard ever go away?

(Taken while parked, of course.)
Once you get to that screen, press the three lines in the upper left corner. That should give you a menu of the other camera views. Once you hook up the trailer cam, it will also be listed in the menu.
Nope, the message won't go away. It's a Safety Message that Ford has to display to CYA because viewing the screen can be considered a distraction while driving.

Old 02-25-2023, 06:39 PM
Squanto
Laughing Gas
Received 454 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Lariat Driver
Once you get to that screen, press the three lines in the upper left corner. That should give you a menu of the other camera views. Once you hook up the trailer cam, it will also be listed in the menu.
Yeah, that's on the big screen but I'd like to change the right side screen.

Quick Reply: Camera in Motion Testing