Sponsored by: Moser

My 1976 F-250

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 03:46 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubiranch
They have taught my immune system to kill the cancer.
Haha, I'm not sure about that.

The Immune system is incredibly sophisticated and clever, and I think it's the immune system that teaches us !!

I have a few comments for your consideration, and I hope they're not seen as a , or as .

In a nutshell, cancer is damaged cells wreaking havoc.

The damaged cells can only survive if they are fed, so it's best to starve them.

Now that you're cancer free, stay away from processed foods and HFCS, and minimize your daily sugar intake, as these can create the damaged cells in the first place.

Alcohol and cigarettes speak for themselves.

We are only as healthy as the food we eat, as it's the food that supplies the vitamins and minerals our bodies need.

For a strong immune system, especially in your case, I would have blood tests taken to measure the current levels of Vitamins A, D3, and K2, along with minerals Copper, Magnesium and zinc.

Current literature suggests that a D3 level of > +/- 30 ng/ml is optimal. Hmmm, no, try 60 - 90 !

Let's say that your D3 level is 30, and you wanted it to be 60, you'd take supplements.

But ! You'd need to keep an eye on the other vitamin and mineral levels (monthly blood tests) as they all work together. E.G. An increase in D3 could reduce magnesium levels.

I'd also test for Vitamin B's (all of them), C and E, and electrolytes, for overall health.

Once you get to the desired mineral/vitamin/etc balance, tests can be every 6 months rather.

Anyway, assuming your Doctor is up to date with the immune system etc, you and he can decide what's best for you.

Using your new cylinder heads as a kind of example.

If you did not know about the low octane/hardened valve seats relationship, you would drive your truck oblivious to the fact that a lot of damage was being done. (This would be the Cancer)

You wouldn't know, and there would be no symptoms.

By adding aviation fuel to the normal gas, you'd be increasing the octane and thus reducing and/or preventing the cancer. (This would be the minerals/vitamins supplements. Or call it medication.)

Personally I wouldn't fit those heads as they are, and would have hardened seats fitted. (This would be the naturally strong immune system.)

Once your new engine is fitted, you might use a vacuum gauge, or set the carb with an AFR gauge, or set the timing curve with a timing light, to maximize the engine's health (performance).

You will no doubt use an oil pressure gauge and a coolant temp gauge.

The gauges used are the only way of 'seeing inside' the engine, or monitoring the engine.

Blood tests for the body are the equivalent of the gauges.

It might be a good idea to measure the cam timings/durations, then determine the valve spring pressures required for the cam, then measure the actual spring pressures, and shim/replace where needed.

Anyway, have fun with it all.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:05 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Received 1,489 Likes on 877 Posts
Thank you, but my immune system has killed over 80% of the stage 4 cancer in my body.

My background is automotive. I've built several engines over the years, just been out of it for some time now.
Left the automotive industry when I was an educator teaching advanced automotive diagnostics.

I am a pioneer in immunotherapy treatments for cancer.

Dec 14th 2014 I was the first person to be given Ipilimumab (immunotherapy) along with having a modified herpes virus injected directly into the tumors.
The immunotherapy makes my immune system extremely aggressive. It recognizes the herpes as a virus and attacks it. The herpes being inside the tumor my immune system starts killing the cancer cells and thus starts to recognize the cancer as a virus and starts killing it, even without a herpes virus being injected into the tumor.

This is advanced stage 4 metastatic melanoma. This was two days after my first treatment, 12/16/14.
My immune system killed every bit if it.

I've had cancer in my brain twice, bones, lung, skin, abdominal wall and a few other places, all gone.
All killed by my own immune system.

Its not the octane that I am interested in rather the lead in the AV gas.
Lead builds a "cushion" on the valve face and seat that keeps the valve from hammering its self to death.
Once the lead was removed and there was no more cushion they had to use hardened seats and valves.

Back in the day tetra ethyl was the carrier for the lead in gasoline, hence tetra ethyl lead.
That's where the nick name ethyl gas came from.

Once again, thank you for you comments.
I really do appreciate them.

Looking back in the 60s, 70s the propane companies used to buy trucks and run them on gasoline for the first 8-10,000 miles
giving the lead time to build up on the valves and seats then switch them over to propane that is lead free.
They would run those truck for years and a thousands of miles without ever damaging the valves.

The guy who rebuilt the engine was a close friend of the guy I bought it from.
He bought it to put in a 1966 Ford pickup but changed his mind because he had too many projects going at the time.
They builder was an engine builder, that's what he did for a living. It was intended for a 70s Ford pickup but it never happened.

Old 06-21-2022, 03:17 PM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
When I wrote octane, I knew it was lead, and I meant lead. I promise ! But it's too late now, I put my rubbish in writing.

Great explanation on the immunotherapy, thank you.

I fully understand, and apologize for being rather skeptical when I first read ''they taught my immune system''.

When I wrote ''the immune system teaches us'', your therapy was more or less what I had in mind.

The clever people develop something to help the immune system, as you experienced.

My Mother beat cancer about 20 years ago, my Brother in law's father recently beat lung cancer (caused by smoking), and my late Father succumbed to bone cancer which started in his prostate (He didn't get treatment for the prostate early enough.)

Oxidation and inflammation are enemies of the body.

CoQ10, vitamins C and E, are antioxidants, and Vitamin D3, magnesium and zinc, are anti-inflammatories.

There's been quite a few medical articles recently showing that higher levels of D3, amongst other vitamins/minerals, helped prevent Covid complications.

What's funny (annoying) is that there were already vitamin D3 etc articles over a decade ago. (As well as CoQ10.)

By any chance, was your blood tested back in 2014, especially for the above minerals/vitamins ?

Before I forget, here's a quick read :

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...enzyme-q10-pdq

It's by no means exhaustive, but it does mention some pertinent points.

I don't normally trust the NIH, CDC, FDA, etc, but I thought that if you see ''NIH'' in the link, you would give it some credit.

That recent picture is an eye opener !

I'll end the ramble by suggesting that you consider EZ or Fumoto valves as replacements for the block coolant plugs, radiator plug, oil pan plug, and transmission plug (if needed in a manual).

They make life soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy when it comes to service time.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:45 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
No apology needed, none at all.

Its been an interesting and life changing journey for sure.

I never thought that I was going to sink this kind of money into the truck.
I didn't expect EVERYTHING was bad.
I didn't know how expensive everything is these days.

I'll be into this 410 just about what a reman 390 long block would have cost me.
The big pluses, 410 instead of a 390, 10.5:1 comp, comes with a 4bbl intake, RV cam and the cool factor of it being a Mercury Marauder 410 4V.

Hopefully I will get it in and be driving t next week.
I can hardly wait.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:00 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
I had a good giggle at your last post.

You started it with 'adult' comments about life changing and expenses, and jumped straight to a 'teenage' comment about 4v and an SCR of 10.5.

I thought you were in your mid to late sixties, but I'm now thinking mid to late teens.

I'm enjoying your enthusiasm in this thread and look forward to your feedback on the 410 bad boy.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:46 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Late 60s.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:34 PM
6805eagleguy
Mountain Pass
Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts
love it

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-24-2022, 06:03 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 6805eagleguy
love it
Thank you. So do I.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:19 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

My new clutch finally arrived today. Not sure why it took soo long to get here.
I've had the flywheel for a while along with the new flywheel bolts.

I rebuilt the carb I'm going to use today too. Its Motorcraft 4300 off a 1974 F-250 with a 460. 610 CFM, should work pretty good on the 410.

Getting closer.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:24 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

I don't have access to a parts washer like they have in shops so I bought a bucker of solvent and a plastic tub and pour the solvent into the tub and use a parts brush to wash the parts.
I let it sit ever night with the lid on and all the crud settles to the bottom and I pour the clean stuff back into the bucket.
Its been working pretty darn good.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:36 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

I am looking soo forward for my truck to stop drinking oil, it literally gulps it.

It will probably have a little more power too.

I thought I'd share the bad side.

Old 07-03-2022, 02:57 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

Work has been getting in the way. Hope to get the transplant done next week.

Old 07-03-2022, 08:10 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,520 Likes on 981 Posts
That truck doesnt have a bad side

Old 07-03-2022, 09:30 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
That truck doesnt have a bad side

Yes it does.

I'm quite sure that when I'm done, if I ever am - I'll be in to it more than I could ever get for it. I think I already am.

Old 07-03-2022, 09:39 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 6 by 8

You can't get better news than that !

Congratulations.
Thank you. I am one very grateful person.

Quick Reply: My 1976 F-250