Notices

5.4 tranny issue

Old 07-04-2019, 03:49 PM
Trevor Jennings
New User
Trevor Jennings is starting off with a positive reputation.
5.4 tranny issue

What's going on yall! So, I have an 07 f150 sport 4 door. I've looked everywhere on the issue I'm having and cant seem to see anyone else have the issue. When I first drive the truck, drives great, shift good and goes into overdrive. If I sit in park for a few minutes, and put it back in drive and go, I lose overdrive. If I pull over, put it back in park. shut it off, start it back off and go, it shifts perfect again. What yall think?

Old 07-04-2019, 04:46 PM
alloro
alloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant futurealloro has a brilliant future
Hmm, it sounds like something electronic is faulting and the key off then on routine reboots it. When it happens, have you tried turning the OD Off then On with the button without turning off the key to see if that resets it?

Old 07-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Agree...check for codes and likely a cylinoid

Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM
Mark Kovalsky
Post Fiend
Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
My thought is that there is a damaged wire to the OD OFF button. They tend to wear inside the steering column right where the wires enter the shift handle.

It is very unlikely to be a solenoid problem.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
My thought is that there is a damaged wire to the OD OFF button. They tend to wear inside the steering column right where the wires enter the shift handle.

It is very unlikely to be a solenoid problem.
MK is so right on....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.