Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Choke and Throttle Cable

Old 04-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Hotrod350
Senior User
Hotrod350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Choke and Throttle Cable

I am having a problem sourcing new choke and throttle cables, mid fifty and other sites have cables but the new and old bezels have a 'D' shaped profile. The cables that I can find are both too small, and don't fit the bezel well, and don't have the 'D' profile. Does anyone know where to get cables that will fit the bezels with a 'D' profile?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:37 AM
fish pond
Senior User
fish pond has a good reputation on FTE.fish pond has a good reputation on FTE.
McMastersCarr?
they have soup to nuts, perhaps they can help?
good Luck
Greg

Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
Are you after just the Bowden cable or the cable complete with bezel?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Hotrod350
Senior User
It has been a while but it finally warmed up enough to get some pictures. Mixer I have the bezels I am just looking for the cable.

Bezels that I have Choke is new Throttle is OEM

Bottom cable is the new one, top cable is old choke, middle one is the old throttle cable with the one flattened side

Left cable is old throttle Flat side facing up

New cable in old throttle bezel

New cable new choke cable

Old throttle cable in old throttle bezel

Old choke in new throttle

Hold for throttle and choke cables

Old 04-15-2019, 03:40 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Mixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud ofMixer man has much to be proud of
I had to soak mine in diesel for a week and lightly tap it with a hammer all around to free it up. This was my only choice because the repop cables have threaded ends with a lock nut, and I couldn't stand to look at it.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:08 PM
rusty48
Senior User
rusty48 is starting off with a positive reputation.

i used the old attachment combined with the new cable and ****. Had to drill a washer out but looks ok and it fits tight and works.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
That looks pretty nice Rusty48, but the ugly lock nut reared it's head.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:53 PM
Hotrod350
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mixer man View Post
That looks pretty nice Rusty48, but the ugly lock nut reared it's head.
Wouldn't a little locktite solve the lock nut problem, no like the truck would blow up if the locktite failed and the **** started to unscrew.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:15 PM
rusty48
Senior User
rusty48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
First there is function, then form. The DC replacement cable was hardly a plug and play. I was happy to get something installed and working. As time permits, I was thinking of beveling that lock nut. The original was so plain. Didnt want to use any of those fancy bezels the 53 and ups had.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Mixer man
Journeyman Apprentice
Originally Posted by Hotrod350 View Post
Wouldn't a little locktite solve the lock nut problem, no like the truck would blow up if the locktite failed and the **** started to unscrew.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.