Notices
2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

2016 EXPWY 2WD oversteer

Old 03-23-2019, 04:54 PM
firedaniel
Elder User
firedaniel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2016 EXPWY 2WD oversteer

Ive been messing with this for awhile and still dont have a answer. My 2016 steering is VERY sensetive. It oversteers very easily. I was thinking of upgrading the shocks and struts but not finding many decent manufactures making this for the EXPY. Any suggestion? It has done it since new. I did get rid of the 18" tires and went with 20" . that helped but its still there. Any ideas? Neither Bilstein of Eibach make any that fit...

Daniel

Old 03-24-2019, 09:51 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Sometimes an over responsive steering issue is due to the Toe alignment being off. Have you ever brought in in somewhere and had the alignment checked?

Old 04-02-2019, 06:23 PM
CathedralCub
Elder User
CathedralCub is starting off with a positive reputation.
What alloro said above ^^^^^^ and:

Is the rear end sitting high or the front sitting low or is it factory level?

Does it have stock suspension?

Does it have stock-diameter tires?

Does it have stock-width tires?

Does it have the same size tires all around?

Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Karlsgems
Elder User
Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.
Isn't part of the issue that it's a front wheel drive vehicle? My wife's 2016 has MUCH more sensitive steering than her RWD '03. And don't even get me started on the difference between her car and my rwd Excursion! ��

Last edited by Karlsgems; 05-15-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 05-15-2019, 08:36 PM
B-McD
Junior User
B-McD is starting off with a positive reputation.
No such thing as a front-drive Expedition. Plus when I saw oversteering in the title I thought you were doing some drifting with the thing. Hanging that tail out on the turns!!

Old 05-16-2019, 09:24 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by B-McD View Post
No such thing as a front-drive Expedition.
Unless of course you remove the rear driveshaft and drive around with it in 4WD.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:25 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
We are discussing a RWD Expedition. Original poster--could you please DEFINE what you mean by oversteer? In a race car, or on snowy/wet roads, it means the rear end of the vehicle spins out. If you mean that your truck turns sharper than you expect without breaking traction at lower speeds, you probably have an alignment issue if your suspension is stock. If your suspension is modified in any way, please describe the modifications.

Unless you have an imbalance in front/rear suspension, changing springs or shocks would not be expected to help you. I would first get a good 4 wheel alignment at a competent shop, not a volume tire store or someplace that does alignments as a profit center, as a starting point. 20" vs 18" tires should not do anything meaningful; Expeditions had 15" wheels for years with no characteristic oversteer problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: