Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navi System error?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:50 AM
JetFuelBurner
Senior User
JetFuelBurner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Navi System error?

So I just did a long road trip DC to FL and back. As we were nearing our destination in FL I panicked because the ETA on my navi system said we still had 2.5 hours. I panicked because than meant arriving at 4-5 am. We should have been arriving at 2am. My buddy brought up Waze on his phone and sure enough...less than an hour. OK. So for the rest of the trip and our drive back north, the Navi system just says 23:45 or something similar to destination. Always 22-23+ hours to destination. Even if its a 30 min drive. I did a few searches here and on google and didn't find anything that sounded similar to what I'm seeing.

2017 F350 SD 4x4 PSD Lariat Crew Cab Long Box. Roughly 33,000 miles.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mine doesn't do that...but I haven't driven from DC to FL. Out west it works fine although they just changed one of the roads into town so the map is already out of date on my 2019 F250. The one thing I don't like about the Nav system is that it locks you out of inputting an address while moving even when it knows someone is in the passenger seat. Seems to me they could just put up a warning making you agree that the passenger is inputting the address.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.Uzumati has a good reputation on FTE.
Have you done any forscan changes like enabling input while driving? Perhaps a bug has surfaced we don’t know about yet.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Evergreen03
Junior User
Evergreen03 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hmm haven’t heard of this one yet either. I would have dealer reflash the sync 3 if it were mine. Good to see a local too! In Fairfax right now haha but I live in Aldie.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Maximus216
Senior User
Maximus216 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm against too much government regulation, but with oem navigation systems the government needs to do something. When i bought my 2018, the nav was already out of date. The new 4 lane near my home was built 5 years ago and its not showing up? and to make matters worse, automakers make you pay for updates, really! I think any new garmin you buy now has life time updates.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:33 PM
JetFuelBurner
Senior User
I have made no changes to my truck since purchase nearly 2 years ago. Haven't even updated the maps. Might could be that's the problem. Really weird. Just started. Sometimes it gives me some goofy routings so I always have to run either google maps or waze on my phone as a backup to check the routing logic. I need to get a new paper atlas as a backup it would appear! If I figure it out, I'll update with what I find.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 PM
kry226
Elder User
kry226 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The thing with ANY GPS is that you still need to know where you're going. No GPS, even the best Garmin, knows the "best" way to get somewhere.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:22 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
I'm against too much government regulation, but with oem navigation systems the government needs to do something. When i bought my 2018, the nav was already out of date. The new 4 lane near my home was built 5 years ago and its not showing up? and to make matters worse, automakers make you pay for updates, really! I think any new garmin you buy now has life time updates.
Automakers have no say so on navigation/map updates because most if not all OEM navigation systems rely on an outside vendor and these vendors release updates when their ready;
Most of the money that people pay for OEM map updates goes to the same outside vendor.
In reality, this will become obsolete because more and more people are using the far superior navigation system in their cell phone.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:22 PM
JetFuelBurner
Senior User
Ladies and gentlemen...I'm a knucklehead. My buddy, who doesn't even own a Ford says "That nav screen is a touch screen right? Touch the time remaining...see if it switches." It did. The several times I was using it, it was late in the evening or the wee hours of the morning. At some point in the big road trip, my co-driver must've fat fingered the display. He kept switching the audio source when trying to adjust the volume on the steering wheel, turned off the cruise when trying to adjust speed. Anyway...when I took my non-ford friends advice a realized that by touching the Time Remaining square on the Nav display, you can toggle it to arrival time. Touch it again and it goes back to time remaining. What I thought was time remaining had been toggled to arrival time. I feel so stupid!

Glad that mystery is solved! What a knucklehead!

Old 03-14-2019, 09:25 PM
edjunior
Posting Guru
edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hmmm. You're maybe not the knucklehead you think you are. Something very similar has happened to me a couple of times. I always thought it was a hiccup in the system. And maybe mine still is, but I will remember this thread (I hope) next time mine "hiccups". It has been a while since mine has done it, so I can't be sure of the exact symptoms.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:27 AM
wrvond
Posting Guru
wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.wrvond has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by JetFuelBurner View Post
Ladies and gentlemen...I'm a knucklehead. My buddy, who doesn't even own a Ford says "That nav screen is a touch screen right? Touch the time remaining...see if it switches." It did. The several times I was using it, it was late in the evening or the wee hours of the morning. At some point in the big road trip, my co-driver must've fat fingered the display. He kept switching the audio source when trying to adjust the volume on the steering wheel, turned off the cruise when trying to adjust speed. Anyway...when I took my non-ford friends advice a realized that by touching the Time Remaining square on the Nav display, you can toggle it to arrival time. Touch it again and it goes back to time remaining. What I thought was time remaining had been toggled to arrival time. I feel so stupid!

Glad that mystery is solved! What a knucklehead!
I once thought mine was broken. Driving late at night, the miles to go refused to decrease. Drove for hours and the distance remained the same. Then I realized, I was looking at the inside temperature.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:38 PM
edjunior
Posting Guru
edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I once thought mine was broken. Driving late at night, the miles to go refused to decrease. Drove for hours and the distance remained the same. Then I realized, I was looking at the inside temperature.
DOH! <headslap>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.