Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 XLT running rough and stalling

Old 03-21-2019, 10:02 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
msgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to allmsgtord is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sig226 View Post

So I brought it to a different dealer yesterday and go a call from them today saying that the OBD port has bent pins in it from somebody forcing a scan tool on it. They ordered a new one that should be here tomorrow. They also said that it was throwing codes but because of the port being messed up they werenít able to read what the codes were. The rough idle was also replicated with them so they now what itís doing first hand now so hopefully tomorrow Iíll have more answers

Any update?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Sig226
New User
Sig226 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by msgtord View Post
Any update?
Picked it up from the dealer yesterday after work. The ground pin in the gateway module was bent out of spec so it was causing some electrical issues not allowing the scanner to communicate with the computer. He thinks that may have been part of the issue. After they replaced it the head tech drove it home to try and replicate the issue and it didnít do it. They did a pcm update cause it was shifting a little hard. So hopefully with the new module and pcm update that kills what ever the issue was. It was fine on the way home last night and in my way to work this morning so only time will tell if thatís what was wrong

Old 04-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Sig226
New User
So update. Had the truck back for about 2 1/2 weeks and it started acting up again. Started to idle rough after up to operating temp. Called the dealer and took it back down. Shop foreman took it home and said he got it to happen but to him it felt like the throttle body was going bad. Opted to have that replaced to see if that did anything. Picked it back up this past Thursday. Fast forward to today. Started to idle rough again. Had been fine all day up until about a hour ago. Still no check engine light either. At this point I have no idea what it could be...

Old 04-15-2019, 07:25 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Throttle body? Heís just guessing and throwing parts at it. Itís about time to replace the PCV too, and itís not that expensive. A plugged PCV can cause the issues youíve described.

You could also have a vacuum leak that would be hard to detect without a smoke machine.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Sig226
New User
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
Throttle body? Heís just guessing and throwing parts at it. Itís about time to replace the PCV too, and itís not that expensive. A plugged PCV can cause the issues youíve described.

You could also have a vacuum leak that would be hard to detect without a smoke machine.
Iíll ask them about it when i call tomorrow.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Sig226
New User
Update. Changed out the PCV valve and ran fine for about a week and a half. Took it to my local shop to mode 6 scan the cylinders to see if any were miss firing. RPM had dropped off the morning before I had went so itís data was stored. Showed that the number 1 cylinder was miss firing. Ordered a new coil to replace the one that was in there. Coming to a stop today it started to stumble again.. should I put a new plug in and see what that does?

Old 05-03-2019, 04:55 PM
JKBrad
JKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to beholdJKBrad is a splendid one to behold
Just replace them all. Not that expensive. The plugs really don’t last 100k miles.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:41 PM
leon draughn
New User
leon draughn is starting off with a positive reputation.
2016 xlt running rough and shuts of in idle/park

Originally Posted by Sig226 View Post
Iíll ask them about it when i call tomorrow.
hi i have the same exact issues your having with your xlt. i bought mine new and around 37k this stalling comes and goes. ive been to numerous dealerships with no solid answers it will sometimes throw a p0012 code wich say cam phaser sensor?. but they were not sure if that was the problem. ik many have changed the parts that you have and phasers and bank1 and 2 and same result. im wondering if your still having the issues. thanks

Old 05-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Sig226
New User
Originally Posted by leon draughn View Post
hi i have the same exact issues your having with your xlt. i bought mine new and around 37k this stalling comes and goes. ive been to numerous dealerships with no solid answers it will sometimes throw a p0012 code wich say cam phaser sensor?. but they were not sure if that was the problem. ik many have changed the parts that you have and phasers and bank1 and 2 and same result. im wondering if your still having the issues. thanks
it hasnít happened since I changed the coil but if itís not that then Iím not sure what it could be. Mine has never thrown a code so Iím not sure what my issue is.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:40 AM
leon draughn
New User
leon draughn is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok thank you

Old 05-27-2019, 12:21 AM
ALB_How_To
New User
ALB_How_To is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exactly! Here's a step by step video how to Replace your Throttle Body

Problem above could also be fouled plugs. I had to replace my Throttle Body. Now mmt tick runs like a champ again. 2015 EB w/101,000 mi

Originally Posted by ford390gashog View Post
Heads up, cleaning these throttle bodies often results in servo failure. They can't be cleaned effectively assembled and that's why service procedure is just replacement.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:56 AM
Sig226
New User
Originally Posted by ALB_How_To View Post
Problem above could also be fouled plugs. I had to replace my Throttle Body. Now mmt tick runs like a champ again. 2015 EB w/101,000 mi

https://youtu.be/M6-8JFDbKxo
Yea I replaced all of the plugs earlier this week and I havenít had an issue since Iíve done it. All the plugs were gapped at .060 or a little more which is way to much for that engine. Got new ones and gapped them all at .050.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: