Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

tonneau covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 11:20 AM
IndyDog
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmania
I'll also recommend the Paragon cover. Did a lot of research on these things, and though they're a little pricy, they had the best overall appeal to me. Thing that sold me was they're an American company and all components are made here. Had mine now for nearly a year on my '16. It had one issue with a seal tearing after I installed it, but customer service took care of it asap and no problems since. Actually sent me 2 extras in case it ever happens again. Lock works great and slides easily. I have not installed the tailgate seal as of yet, so a small amount of water does get in the rear of the bed in heavy rain. No complaints though. Takes up about 10" of bed when folded. Install went easy with good written instructions and excellent videos on their website. Highly recommend if you're thinking about a hard cover.

https://www.peragon.com

Nice, does it support any weight?

Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM
fordmania
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instructions say nothing over 50 lbs. I have not tested that.

Just waxed mine for the first time the other day... I can lean across it to reach the center and it doesn't bend or 'coke-can' any.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:45 PM
NewXer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks much. Thinking about going with this instead of the bakflip.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:37 AM
rrgone
Tuned
Great thread here people. Loads of good insight and pics.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:53 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
Myself and my SO discussed this, and after a spirited debate, we decided to get the Peragon. At the insistence of my SO, we ordered it with the paint-match option. The standard black would have probably worked nice with our ingot silver truck, but my SO pointed out that the silver color would be much cooler in the sun, and it would look even better. The only hitch is that the paint-match option delays delivery about a month.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:04 AM
fordmania
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
Myself and my SO discussed this, and after a spirited debate, we decided to get the Peragon. At the insistence of my SO, we ordered it with the paint-match option. The standard black would have probably worked nice with our ingot silver truck, but my SO pointed out that the silver color would be much cooler in the sun, and it would look even better. The only hitch is that the paint-match option delays delivery about a month.
Very good point on the heat of black vs. silver. Mine is Ruby Red, so probably wouldn't have made much difference. Would like to see how it turns out!

Old 05-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Bob Solberg
New User
Just ordered a Paragon cover for my new King Ranch. I take delivery on the truck in two days and the cover should be here about a week later. All tonneau covers are a compromise somewhere, but the Peragon seems the have the most going for it and the fewest downsides. I also like it because the company is in a small town about 70 miles north of me.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Wassup8687
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Bob Solberg
Just ordered a Paragon cover for my new King Ranch. I take delivery on the truck in two days and the cover should be here about a week later. All tonneau covers are a compromise somewhere, but the Peragon seems the have the most going for it and the fewest downsides. I also like it because the company is in a small town about 70 miles north of me.
You'll be very happy with it. They are really well made and engineered.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:02 PM
IndyDog
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
So a question for the Peragon folks, since it folds down, you're limited to the height of the objects in the bed in the fold area right? I couldn't have a bed of boxes that came within a few inches of the cover I suppose. Your higher items would have to be near the tailgate area if I'm looking at this operation right?

Old 08-18-2019, 07:20 PM
Wassup8687
Freshman User
Originally Posted by IndyDog
So a question for the Peragon folks, since it folds down, you're limited to the height of the objects in the bed in the fold area right? I couldn't have a bed of boxes that came within a few inches of the cover I suppose. Your higher items would have to be near the tailgate area if I'm looking at this operation right?
Correct. The panels need room to fold in the front of you want to open the top. You could slide taller boxes in and use a hook of some sort to pull them out. Another option is to remove the cover altogether since it's designed to come right out.

I use my expandable bar to keep items from going to far forward.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:56 PM
rrgone
Tuned
Originally Posted by Wassup8687
I use my expandable bar to keep items from going to far forward.
I need to get something like that. What are you using?

Old 08-18-2019, 08:32 PM
Wassup8687
Freshman User
Originally Posted by rrgone
I need to get something like that. What are you using?
https://www.harborfreight.com/ratche...bar-96811.html

That's the one I use. It works great.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:30 PM
NewXer
Senior User
Sadly, I'm sending the Peragon back. Fit is great, looks fantastic, install was straight forward, and locking system is right on, but a few issues for me.
  1. Leaks far more that I expected along the seams between the panels. We''ve had a few gully washers and I've taken a look afterwards. Water is beading along very seam across the bed (sorry didn't think to take pictures)
  2. The ramps get in the way and prevent full use of the bed AND they're right in front of the tie down system.
  3. Rubber bumpers that help keep the panels seperated when stowed keep falling off.
  4. There is only 9 inches of space below the stowed panels... so I can't leave the storage box I use at the top of the bed.
  5. Just can't keep the top clean... I mentioned water leaks earlier, well this part mystifies me because the top holds a lot of water in a rain and as you can see it leaves quite a bit of dirt. I didn't put a sealant on it yet because I wasn't sure if I was sending it back.

All and all, a great try. Guess I'm back to researching the various covers again.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:33 PM
NewXer
Senior User
Originally Posted by IndyDog
So a question for the Peragon folks, since it folds down, you're limited to the height of the objects in the bed in the fold area right?
9" under the stowed lid on my 6.5' bed.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:27 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
We have a Peragon. Mostly really like it. When we have items that need to use the front of the bed, we just push the tab and pull the cover out altogether. It does collect dust & dirt on the top, but on ours it hasn't leaked into the bed, except for a little around the edges. I really like the locking mechanism, and opening/closing it is a breeze.We also have a TracRac, and this is one of the few covers that allow it to co-exist.