Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Wipers keep pausing while running

Old 02-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Aaron Miller
New User
Aaron Miller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wipers keep pausing while running

I have a 1990 f250 4x4 w/ 5.8 and my window wipers keep stopping and starting when I use them and the wiper switch keeps clicking and if I hold it when the wipers stop I can feel a vibrating was wondering what I could do to fix it don't currently have the money to get another switch is there any sort of temporary way to fix or jump one of the wires

Old 02-16-2019, 06:21 PM
cooksmtn
Junior User
cooksmtn is starting off with a positive reputation.
This can be a symptom of a failing wiper delay/control module. Little black box located near the parking brake release, under the dash. Every time you release the parking brake, the impact vibrates the black box with a small circuit board and relay inside, eventually breaking a circuit trace or solder joint.
My '91 had the symptom, and for a long time, a whack up under the dash would remake the connection. Eventually it failed completely. I had a parts truck, but I think the module is one of those hard to find parts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.