Brake Controller. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Brake Controller.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:25 PM
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Elder User
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED is starting off with a positive reputation.
Brake Controller.

On my 92 f150 I have a small square plug under the center of my dash that would be used for a brake controller.
When I buy a new controller, will it be plug and play or will I need to add some more wires to make it work?

I ask because my 7 prong rv plug has nothing to tap into in the rear of the truck, I have the standard wires plugged in for brake,turn, lights hooked up, but nothing for 12+ or power for trailer brakes.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:52 PM
Veltech
New User
Veltech is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can buy an adapter that plugs in to it. Tekonsha 3035s will work. At the rear of the truck should be a pigtail close to the connectors at the rear of the frame with 3 wires in it, a large blue, and orange. The blue should go to the connector under your dash, splice in and run to the 7 way plug. The orange is 12v batt for charge wire

Old 01-20-2019, 05:10 PM
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Elder User
I used the adapter plug for the rv plug for the turns,brake,lights and hooked it to the factory plug at the end of the bed.
I didn't notice a plug with the blue,orange,white? wires, would you have a pic handy of its location and what it looks like?

Old 01-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Veltech
New User
Veltech is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry no pic, cut it off my truck to wire to RV plug. If it's not at end of frame on passenger side it may have a connector on drivers side inner front fender that would run to back of truck. Use a voltmeter to verify, that's how I found the correct plug.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:37 PM
PRIMERED79 SHORT BED
Elder User

This is one other plug I have at the rear of the truck, it has two wires, one black and one brown, is that related to the trailer brakes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.