Reading and recording engine telemetry PC based - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Reading and recording engine telemetry PC based

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-10-2019, 08:24 PM
MAKO314
Posting Guru
MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.MAKO314 has a good reputation on FTE.

i used to use Autoenginuity for reading codes and engine telemetry but the disc has been lost and the laptop that I had the software on is an old junker that wonít boot up now. Long story short, Iím looking to get something else like AE and was wanting to know what all you guys are using now. Is AE still the go to or has something new and better come out. Itís been at least 10 years since Iíve needed or used this software and now that I need it itís all screwed up.. thanks in advance guys....

Old 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Seems like most have gravitated to Forescan or Torque Pro.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:20 PM
MAKO314
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
Seems like most have gravitated to Forescan or Torque Pro.
how do those compare to AE? Can you live scan and record?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to beholdColorado350 is a splendid one to behold
Honestly, I’m not sure. Maybe change your title of your thread. I’m sure someone will come along.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Live scan yes...record? Maybe and if you figure it out please share, I'd like to know too.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:32 AM
burnthelight88
Elder User
burnthelight88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Windows based ForScan is free and has live recording. As long as by live recording, you and I are talking about the same thing.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:08 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
FORScan is the "weapon of choice" for troubleshooting. The PC-based version does everything AE can, but it does it far better than the new AE Giotto. FORScan is an ugly interface, so I didn't use it for daily driving - its job was in the driveway/garage.

Torque Pro is great for monitoring and recording as you drive, but it's not a troubleshooting powerhouse. I used TP for driving and keeping an eye on things - complete with customized alarms I can program in.

Both Torque Pro and FORScan are super inexpensive, but neither of these come with the OBDII adapter - so that's where I suggest you spend your money. Beware the $5 OBDII adapters from China, the 7.3L is their bane. I chose the OBDLink MX because of all the features engineered in, including versatility, durability, and reliability. I really like it, it works on every vehicle I've installed it on - including my Prius.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:15 AM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.SRBF150 has a good reputation on FTE.
FWIW MAKO314, I have AE and am not too far from you if you need to use it. On my android phone I use Torque Pro, but haven't had luck running DTC's or clearing codes. I use it for the gauges and datalogs to export for charting. I haven't tried forscan yet, but may.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 PM
MAKO314
Posting Guru
Thanks guys, Iíll have to check into the new gadgets. I really liked the AE features with being able to run all the KoEo and KOER test and being about to graph the data live on several different sensors at the same time. And yes I got bit by the Chinese obdII adapters as my dog thought the AE one was a chew toy. I wound up buying a new one from AE. LoL

Old 01-12-2019, 06:20 PM
MAKO314
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SRBF150 View Post
FWIW MAKO314, I have AE and am not too far from you if you need to use it. On my android phone I use Torque Pro, but haven't had luck running DTC's or clearing codes. I use it for the gauges and datalogs to export for charting. I haven't tried forscan yet, but may.
thank you, Iíll keep that in mind if I donít make a move on something in the next day or so... being from Troutman, maybe you can tell me when the next Dixie Draft Horse Auction is ??

Old 01-13-2019, 11:16 AM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by MAKO314 View Post
run all the KoEo and KOER test and being about to graph the data live on several different sensors at the same time.
Forscan will do all that in the PC version, not sure on the Android or iOS versions. I've never used AE, but I feel like Forscan is a little clunky - can't argue that it doesn't work, though.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:43 PM
MAKO314
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

I loaded and tried the Forscan software, it definitely does all I needed and was free. Thanks for the recommendations guys I really appreciate it, saved me from buying the new AE that I really didnít need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.